Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email [email protected] for rates and options.

Dunk Basketball Uniforms

AD: Office space available in Adelaide CBD @ 313 Halifax St;
Suit creatives; freelance desks or space for 2-4 person business. More info

Isaac
Last year

Kings and Bullets keen on Jermaine Beal

From Boti's story today:

Sydney Kings and Brisbane Bullets both are pursuing a shooting guard import, dual-Perth Wildcats championship-winner Jermaine Beal.

Report this topic

Smith
Last year
15:34 3 Aug 16

Reply #593066

re: Kings and Bullets keen on Jermaine Beal

Beal could function next to Lisch due to Kev being so damn consistent. But it's also the reason I can't see it working with Gibbo unfortunately - but I do think Gibbo is in for a better season regardless of who they put next to him. He was pretty busted up last season.

I think the Bullets especially need to dig deeper. He should qualify for naturalisation which is a little bit of a carrot.

Report this post

Luuuc
Last year
16:13 3 Aug 16

Reply #593069

Partner him in the backcourt with another guard that can score and I think he's at attractive proposition.
He's really not a go-to scorer, so being forced at times to act like one alongside Damo was not always pretty, but when he is freed up to choose his spots he's pretty dangerous.

Report this post

Dazz
Last year
17:57 3 Aug 16

Reply #593072

Ok, so I was wrong about Beal not being attractive to the Kings...
As I said, Beal can play PG, as can Lisch. Possibly Gaze & Copeland want to recreate their offence from the 90's?

Whilst I still imagine their are plenty of players out there to look at as imports, Beal does have some great qualities.
He IS a good scorer. He has off nights, but not too often. He can turn a game around.
He WAS too often the "go to" guy which made him more of a volume shooter. But if partnered with Lisch he could be a lot more selective.

He knows the league and the refs, he presumably likes Australia, and yes he's already a few years down the path towards Naturalisation.

As for Brissy, Beal played well alongside Damo for 3 years, no reason to think he couldn't play equally well alongside Gibson.

Report this post

paul
Last year
19:51 3 Aug 16

Reply #593083

Would be a good fit for Sydney alongside Cadee and Lisch, but I think Brisbane need someone better to be a playoff shot.

Report this post

Luuuc
Last year
21:26 3 Aug 16

Reply #593085

Agreed, assuming Gibbo stays in cruise control mode.
If he pulled his finger out then different story.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Hopscotch 54

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:24 pm, Wed 24 May 2017 | Posts: 655,271 | Last 7 days: 693