Isaac
Years ago

Kings and Bullets keen on Jermaine Beal

From Boti's story today:

Sydney Kings and Brisbane Bullets both are pursuing a shooting guard import, dual-Perth Wildcats championship-winner Jermaine Beal.

Topic #39710 | Report this topic

Smith  
Years ago

Beal could function next to Lisch due to Kev being so damn consistent. But it's also the reason I can't see it working with Gibbo unfortunately - but I do think Gibbo is in for a better season regardless of who they put next to him. He was pretty busted up last season.

I think the Bullets especially need to dig deeper. He should qualify for naturalisation which is a little bit of a carrot.

Reply #593066 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Partner him in the backcourt with another guard that can score and I think he's at attractive proposition.
He's really not a go-to scorer, so being forced at times to act like one alongside Damo was not always pretty, but when he is freed up to choose his spots he's pretty dangerous.

Reply #593069 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Ok, so I was wrong about Beal not being attractive to the Kings...
As I said, Beal can play PG, as can Lisch. Possibly Gaze & Copeland want to recreate their offence from the 90's?

Whilst I still imagine their are plenty of players out there to look at as imports, Beal does have some great qualities.
He IS a good scorer. He has off nights, but not too often. He can turn a game around.
He WAS too often the "go to" guy which made him more of a volume shooter. But if partnered with Lisch he could be a lot more selective.

He knows the league and the refs, he presumably likes Australia, and yes he's already a few years down the path towards Naturalisation.

As for Brissy, Beal played well alongside Damo for 3 years, no reason to think he couldn't play equally well alongside Gibson.

Reply #593072 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Would be a good fit for Sydney alongside Cadee and Lisch, but I think Brisbane need someone better to be a playoff shot.

Reply #593083 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Agreed, assuming Gibbo stays in cruise control mode.
If he pulled his finger out then different story.

Reply #593085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754