koberulz
Years ago

Future of Cedric Jackson

In an interview during today's game, Dillon Boucher was asked if Jackson was considered as a replacement for Woodside:

We already had our sights set on what we needed and it certainly wasn't Cedric.

Interesting...

Topic #40265 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He won't be playing in the NBL for as long as he is an import

Reply #607342 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

This league is way too quick to dismiss proven quantities

Reply #607343 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Cedric need to find hisself a nice NZ lady (preferably one not already married to a teammate) settle down and get a NZ passport. He can then play as a local and teams will come knocking.

Reply #607350 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yes Kobz, he played it very diplomatic right until the end and then let it slip!

Reply #607352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz, its Webster who needs to be avoiding married women from my mail. Not like you to ever be wrong though.

Reply #607358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep it basketball fellas, don't put out these guys personal affairs

Reply #607360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz, you do realise Cedric is married?

Reply #607363 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

he isnt married, mike kelly said yesterday in an interview he isnt

Reply #607364 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Spit it out who's chasing who's missus,if you are going to say anything?

Reply #607366 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Don't know what he is like off the court but on the court he is a "my team" leader and as long as his shooting inability is hidden be W's he is an asset. But now that the league standard has been raised CJ's strength is now a liability.
CJ actually got us the the GF last year but he was exposed in the final.

Reply #607375 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Ced isn't married.

He chose to chase the money to Melbourne and since then his production has taken a nose dive. He wasn't even available when NZ were sorting the replacement for Ben Woodside and even if he was they did the right thing in not going after him
NZ need a pass first PG that can get them into their sets and play pick in roll with Pledge and pick and pop with Lowe.

Reply #607376 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's got (or had) a long-term partner and a child, I believe.

Reply #607377 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Saw him in a cafe in Melb city having a coffee with Gary Lyon.

Coincidence?

Reply #607378 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

He's been an unbelievable player in the past. I remember wanting to go to NZ games to specifically watch him (as CNS fan). It's a shame those glory days seem so far gone.

Reply #607382 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'm sure he can still play, just things didn't work in Melbourne for whatever reason.

Reply #607383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, Breakers fans have turned their back on Ced so soon??

Reply #607401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the replacement for Ced?

Reply #607404 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Jokes aside, I'm just saying that at his age, naturalisation would give him more value in the NBL. Problem is he took that time in Slovenia, and now moved to Melbourne.

Reply #607405 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

The fact he didn't try for NZ citizenship last offseason (I think he could've qualified given 4 of 5 years in NZ) was a giveaway something was up with the Breakers.

The use of 'certain' may have been due to the team composition and the need for a distributor and off-ball player compared to a ball-dominant Point. But the Jackson/Webster chemistry issue was obvious too.

Reply #607409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Jackson Webster chemistry issue appears to be the worst kept secret no one knows any details about? What is everyone referring to?

Reply #607410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cedrics replacement is Casper Ware, last cut of the Washington Wizards.

Reply #607584 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:01 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754