Ricky Diculous
Years ago

Heritage Round jerseys

The round kicks off tomorrow night.. it's been pretty quiet on the heritage jersey front.

Really liked what the Kings wore last week!

Any others out there yet?

Topic #40652 | Report this topic

Watto  
Years ago

Wildcats will be wearing the '95 Jerseys again

Reply #617808 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

36ers are also going with 1995.

Reply #617809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

united are wearing south east magic

Reply #617811 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

lol

That'll wind the Tigers fans up

Reply #617812 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I'm sure they'll both get over it :-)

Reply #617813 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Hawks wearing 98/99 jersey.I think it's black top and shorts

Reply #617814 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

1995 was the year the Sixers went to blue, wasn't it?

With the shooting stars coming from the side

Reply #617815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"36ers are also going with 1995."

So the Sixers are celebrating the year they breached the salary cap then received a record fine from the NBL?

Very appropriate.

Reply #617823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"36ers are also going with 1995."

So the Sixers are celebrating the year they breached the salary cap then received a record fine from the NBL?

Very appropriate.

Reply #617824 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Reply #617829 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Pretty stoked to see the Magic jerseys hit the floor again!

Reply #617833 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

Gee.... Adelaide need not have bothered.

The Magic one looks the absolute goods. Now that's a proper throwback jersey.

Apparently the Bullets will be based on late 80's/1990.

Reply #617834 | Report this post

stackhouse  
Years ago

Would have liked to have seen the 36ers use the old logo on the Jerseys too. Shame.

Reply #617835 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"Wildcats will be wearing the '95 Jerseys again"
I so hope this is true, I missed buying one last time round - great jersey.

Reply #617836 | Report this post

MrGreengrass  
Years ago

Yep Wildcats to wear '95 according to nbl.com

http://www.nbl.com.au/featured-news/mitchell-ness-extends-partnership-heritage-round/

Reply #617839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What history are the NBL going on

Melbourne United's jerseys are from 1992, when Victoria had its first Championship team and South East Melbourne Magic’s 1996 NBL Championship team, while Perth Wildcats have chosen their 1995 Championship winning team’s uniform.

Pretty sure that wasn't the first Victorian championship, by my count there were 3 Victorian teams to win it before 1992

Reply #617845 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

Is it just me or does the sixers heritage uniform look pretty much like their current one?

Reply #617846 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Where did you see the Adelaide ones?

Reply #617852 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Literally just a few posts up

Reply #617855 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

In the same post as Melbourne's? Just shows up as a 'failed to load image' graphic for me.

Reply #617856 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yes, and that's strange.

Reply #617857 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

Yeah thats the one. Don't worry you're not missing much

Reply #617858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would prefer United to go retro with Tigers. Rubs salt into Tiger supporters.

Reply #617861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That magic jersey is tidy. Just missing the big M milk branding!!!

Reply #617865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As long as the cats one is good the majority of people that post will be happy. 6ers have had rest ones throughout the years this is a bit meh but still like the Stars down the side panels.

Reply #617866 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Is MU taking a Magic strip a bit rude?

MU are descended from the Tigers, who were the Magic's cross-town rivals.

Just another sign that LK isn't going to allow another Melbourne team???

Reply #617883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Cats one isnt quite the 95 jersey. The Wildcats made them flip the colours a little bit. Still pretty nice

Reply #617885 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I too thought that was a bit cheeky by LK, United were the Tigers they have no relationship with the Magic.

Reply #617886 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Where are you seeing the Wildcats jersey?

Reply #617887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Half the teams don't have Heritage , how do you have a heritage singlet ??

Reply #617890 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Wildcats jersey revealed tomorrow according to their fb, don't know where these guys have seen it.

Reply #617894 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

What do you mean half don't have heritage? Only Cairns and NZ maybe. United if you follow the license transfer should be Tigers I suppose. The other five have very strong lineage that can be traced to the beginning of the NBL.

Reply #617895 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Melbourne United means just that. United.

Admittedly I was a Magic fan and didn't support another Vic team after their demise (loosely followed the Titans) until the emergence of United, but I'd be just a happy to have seen a Giants jersey this weekend.

A Supercats, Spectres, or Bears jersey may be a little too far in the past/fringe to really work IMO, but the old Kmart Tigers could've also made an appearance.

Some people get way too upset about this.

Reply #617899 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

NZ and Cairns have limited history, the rest go pretty far back.

Adelaide 36ers 1983
If you'd like to go further back:
Adelaide City Eagles in 1982, prior to that Glenelg/Forestville in 1980-81

Sydney Kings 1988
If you'd like to go further back:
A merger between Supersonics/Astronauts and Weststars/Bruins both founded in 1979

Perth Wildcats 1982

Melbourne United 1984
Melbourne Tigers 1984

If you want to follow LK's cheekyness by including other Melbourne teams, then there's the Saints and Spectres both 1979

Brisbane Bullets & Illawarra Hawks 1979
Both are foundation clubs.

Reply #617901 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why do people think anyone's seen Perth's jersey?

Reply #617904 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Double insult to displaced Tiger fans. If they were TRULY representing all of Melbourne they would have made up some sort of conglomerate singlet that had a little bit of every defunct Melbourne club as well as Geelong. That would actually be somewhat cool as much as I'd hate to admit it.

Reply #617922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That sounds horrible Joe. There are plenty more heritage rounds to come to be able to represent other teams. If they are trying to be Melbourne "United" then it makes sense to me to do something for all of their fans, which will include fans of all of the past Melbourne teams. This season it is the Magic (and I think the throwback jersey looks good!) next season it will be someone else.

Reply #617930 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Southern Joe. They did last year. The jerseys featured silhouettes of the logos of past Victoria teams.

Reply #617933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulez people HAVE seen the Wildcats jersey. Not everything is a big hush hush secret.
There are plenty of people with access to them.
The general public obviously havent seen them but people involved have seen them.

Reply #617934 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This is always a great idea to me, however it always seems to present differing opinions when it comes down to Melbourne and how to best represent it's many franchises.

My feeling is that United came from the Tigers and that is where they should start and stop.

Reason is that United, while pretending to represent all of the previous Victorian NBL franchises is not wholly supported in this by the public, or those previously involved in those now defunct clubs.

The other reason I have this opinion is that I do not see United as the sole representatives of Victorian NBL basketball, sure they are the only NBL team right now, but they shouldn't be and they also shouldn't pretend they are IMHO...

Reply #617935 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

People can keep banging on about upsetting and isolating Tiger fans turned United fans, but the fact of the matter is if the club went with and only focused on Tiger history they'd turn away us United fans who were never Tigers fans and came to the club because of a shared state history. They already only hang retired Tigers numbers and play a lot of past Tigers highlights pregame, so I'm sure the upset former Tigers fans can live with it for a day.

I detested the Tigers back in the 90s and the name still gets my blood boiling today. If they were to pay homage only to Tigers history I wouldn't have been a season ticket holder at all since the transition to United.

"And United has plans to unearth more old school jerseys for games in the future.

"All over Victoria there are fans of different NBL clubs. That was a big part of why we changed to United to try and encompass the fans of everybody," Goulding said.

"Melbourne United launched in 2014 after the franchise dropped the “Tigers” moniker for wider appeal.

And its worked with bumper crowds — up 45 per cent from season one — and full-season memberships soaring from 536 (2014/15) to 2564 this season"

So there's x2000 possible non Tigers fans who are getting behind this club today.

Moving on.

Reply #617937 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@AC, I would be the first to agree that moving on, or moving forward is the way to go, especially when it comes to the NBL and Victoria, but this thread is about heritage!

Reply #617940 | Report this post

Bent Kenson  
Years ago

I love the idea but the majority of heritage jerseys over the years have been a bit half-arsed, I reckon. This one is too, it's a shame it's so unbalanced. All symbols need to be slightly smaller and moved up. Everything is pushed down way too far (more so than the regular jerseys even). In fact, the bottom star is likely to be obscured when tucked in - an obvious design mistake to catch as the tag is on the same level as the bottom of the star!

Also the shorts don’t appear to feature the stars?

Agreed RE: not using the current logo. No Pura Milk anymore, so instead maybe display just "36ERS" using the typeface of the old sixers logo, in order to avoid shooting star overload (plus the current logo is inept).

Reply #617946 | Report this post

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

Here's the Bullets
http://www.brisbanebullets.com.au/brisbane-bullets-play-homage-proud-history/

Reply #617955 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #617956 | Report this post

stackhouse  
Years ago

So it seems the 36ers are the only team not to use an old logo.
Dumb oversight IMO.

Reply #617959 | Report this post

Indoorkite  
Years ago

Shorts need more logos

Reply #617962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The wildcats ones are horrendous.

Reply #617963 | Report this post

MrGreengrass  
Years ago

THw Wildcats ones are bloody ugly as are the bullets! Probably more to do with early 90's style than anything else!

Reply #617967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the problem with the WildcatS is that they are so far up their own arses that they have to make the Heritage jersey fit their whole Red Army theme. Its bad. They should for one round just stay true to their roots and a have a throwback that isnt a hodge podge of ideas. If you are talking about heritage why not just replicate the 1995 and just change the sponsors logos. But no they have to try and be too smart for their own good and they mess up something that could be so good for them.

Reply #617971 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Perth's heritage jersey was predominantly white last year, the year before they were mainly black so not sure what you are getting at. The 95 Jersey was used 2 years ago so I would assume that and marketing purposes are the reason they flipped the colours.

Reply #617973 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Koberulez people HAVE seen the Wildcats jersey. Not everything is a big hush hush secret.
I'm not saying nobody had, I just didn't see anything indicating anyone posting here had, yet there were a couple of posts asking where people had seen it.

Reply #618048 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

The Wildcats '95 jersey was outstanding.

This interpretation of it, however, is ass.

Reply #618060 | Report this post

Indominos-Rex  
Years ago

I'm surprised people dislike the Perth jersey. I actually really think it looks nice. I guess I just have a different taste in jerseys lol.

Reply #618075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I though the Breakers jerseys were nice. An ode to the 90's Denver Nuggets jersey, great thinking out the box considering our history doesn't go past 2003.

Reply #618255 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I liked em too

Reply #618256 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

I like the thinking too, but why Denver? Could be because its distinctive? Nuggets were popular in the 90s?

Reply #618262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why aren't the Refs in a Heritage Jersey? Obviously they should have worn their traditional Blue tonight.

Reply #618642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754