Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL Round 18

Fri:
Townsville Fire v Dandenong Rangers - 19:00
Adelaide Lightning v Melbourne Boomers - 19:30 (Free Entry & Free Parking!)

Sat:
Sydney Uni Flames v Dandenong Rangers - 19:00

Sun:
UC Capitals v Bendigo Spirit - 12:00
Perth Lynx v Melbourne Boomers - 14:00

Big round with playoff spots and positioning up for grabs, and some pride as well at the bottom end of the ladder.
SYD 16-6
PER 14-7
DAN 14-7
TOW 13-9
BEN 11-10
CAN 11-10
MEL 4-17
ADL 2-19

Topic #40820 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Lightning-Boomers tips off in 15 minutes.
Live stream:

Reply #623847 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

That Lightning/Boomers game was great, the Boomers 33 point last quarter was massive! Garrick, Kunek, Cole and Thompson were all fantastic for the Boomers. If anyone is after a good laugh, check out around 1:33.10 ish on the livestream, some pretty funny scenes there with Cunningham falling over and then Smart going to help her up but also ending up on the floor nearly doing the splits from the sweat on the court.

I don't think that margin was truly reflective of the game, it was so so close for the first 3 quarters, really I think the Boomers experienced lineup got the job done for them.

Just going by the stats, but what a win to the Fire! The Rangers have really lost their way of late, they really have to get their act together or else good luck to them. It would be a massive choke if they missed the playoffs. I'll admit I was skeptical about the Fire early in the season, and gee I think I'm looking a bit silly for doubting them - will they ever not come home on fire in the business end of the season is the real question!

Reply #623888 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Also really great stream by the lightning, I don't know if it's just me, but the quality of the stream seemed much higher than previous times. Hopefully they can get someone in on commentary and then it'd be just about a perfect stream.

Reply #623889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only have to look at stats to see where rangers are going wrong, only two players shooting the ball, and not at a great percentage, as the season has progressed less and less players are seeing minutes, and what's happened with Sherf is she injured? from starting centre to ten minutes and under the last few games from the bench....how can a team that was doing so well produce this type of finish.....

Fire on the other hand again show why they are the three time champs.

Reply #623904 | Report this post

new yoga pants  
Years ago

IMO - Lightning spluttered a little bit with about 6 minutes to go - missed some crucial baskets and a couple of turn overs turned a 3 point lead to a 5 point deficit. Still an entertaining game. Reasonable crowd and a good atmosphere.

Reply #623970 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Going by the stats, the Boomers have been really impressive so far - especially the first 7 minutes of that second quarter! They just had a minor lapse once Cole was subbed out for Conti (for me I'd prefer Smart to be the one coming in instead at that point in the game, but anyway.)

Mijovic really looks to be dominating, not that that surprises me particularly against the Boomers lineup. She's already notched up a double double of 13 points and 10 boards to the half. The Boomers seem to be doing a great job on Sami though only keeping her to 4 shots and 5 points to the half.

Reply #624588 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Oh wow, Lynx/Boomers going to OT after Cole missed the buzzer beater... Absolutely devastated this one isn't being streamed.

Reply #624628 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

The Boomers were super impressive today. If they played with that level of energy and smarts all season they would be a lot closer to the playoff picture today, even with their size issues (which they did a great job of covering for after the first quarter today)
The Lynx didn't play poorly by any means, but were bloody lucky to escape with the points.

On a side note I don't remember seeing so many travels called in a game before. Some were obvious, some were the type that I'm used to seeing ignored, and others just had me like whaaaa??? The refs must have watched a training video during the week or something because it was definitely the violation du jour.

Reply #624765 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Yeah seeing the travels called so strictly seemed a bit odd, considering that for the whole season before the refs had been pretty lenient on it. I don't know but in my opinion, I think it should be league wide as opposed to individual game refs whether the travels are called leniently or strictly - though I do realise that is probably easier for me to sit here and say than it is to execute.

Kalisha Keane was brilliant yesterday too looking at her stats, just 1 assist and rebound away from a triple double - 16,9,9. I know I've been skeptical about her recruitment, but games like that were probably why she got the gig and I hope if she sticks around next year she can notch up a few more games like that. Unfortunately I feel she's just starting to nail the plays and chemistry with the team after she came into the team mid way.. if only there were a few more games to play we would probably get to see her coming to her best.

Reply #624863 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754