Anonymous
Years ago

Why do the Cats get talked about so much???

There seems to be so much hate on this forum about the Wildcats yet for some reason everyone can't help themselves obsess over them. Every game they play they seem to get almost 200 post on all there game threads and 6er's games get somewhere between 50-80 comments. Seems you would prefer to waste your time bagging the Cats rather than talking about your own team.

Seems strange... Jelousey ?????

Topic #40858 | Report this topic

Shano76  
Years ago

I am jealous of your spelling. It is not only 36ers fans who hate Perth btw.

Reply #624649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obsess over them? You are a dick.

Reply #624655 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

And there you have it.

Yes, most posters on this forum (by volume) exists only to take cheap pointless shots at Perth.

If you went through those Perth threads, and filtered out all the posts that basically say "I hate Perf cos thay sukk" or needlessly attack Perth fans (and filtered out the replies) you'd find the'd be about average size.

Its particularly sad that in a season where they have dominated and are favourites for the ring, 6's "fans" are still more interested in attacking Perth and our fans, than in supporting their own team.

Reply #624660 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Dazz strikes again. Your life must be flat out.

Reply #624665 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Maybe they're the most interesting and controversial team to talk about? Certainly the biggest club in the league would have the most amount of people wanting to see them brought down.

Reply #624670 | Report this post

BOL  
Years ago

Haz, the more polite and diplomatic version of Dazz

Reply #624671 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

because it's sooooo easy to stir you wildcats fans up.

and look, it's a hell of alot of fun as well.

Reply #624674 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Because most people love giving it to Perth fans and Perth fans love giving it back :P

Reply #624677 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, there are multiple reasons behind it. For one thing, Cats fans have a long history of being active on message boards & social media.
But these days, here, it boils down to a very small number of people who will take the bait every friggin time.

Reply #624678 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

This one again? Depending on your perspective, everyone likes seeing a tall poppy being taken down, especially a rich marketing juggernaut of a tall poppy that will do everything it can to win. Or they play nasty, dull, grubby basketball, have a team full of dirty flogs and have a higher than average percentage of hyper-sensitive fans who revel so much in the reflected glory of their team that it makes them incredibly easy to ridicule. Or a combination of the two.

Reply #624679 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Perth are flogs!!

Reply #624685 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Taipans strikin' from the Tropical North nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah no. In your heart makin' no mistake, you're gonna get bitten by *inaudibleeeeeee*. Feel the bite *clap clap* Snake bite dah dah dah. Taipans comin' from the left and the right

Reply #624691 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I'll call it the "Kanye Principle"

- They have wealth and influence;
- They have a passionate fan base who generally defend them to the death irrespective of their deeds;
- They are polarizing but have been continuously successful among their peers;
- They are comfortable being perceived as bullies;
- Continuously fill out large arenas to the envy of everyone else;
- Scream foul if they feel hard done;
- They have made dubious music videos/youtube clips;
- Just when you think they are done they make a comeback; and
- They have Dazz who shares every single thought on the Wildcats like Kim Kardashian sharing her images and thoughts on social media*

There you have it, the Kanye Principle

*(Don't stop the threads Dazz, whether is attracts friends or foes, it generates something on this site, perhaps just don't feed the nasty anons so much with your responses).

Reply #624702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth fans aren't arrogant. We just know that we're better than everyone else!

Reply #624704 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Manu - How much have you had to drink today ;)

Reply #624706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are mentioned and refuted because people with no lives such as Dazz continue to create stupid threads about them. That is all.

Reply #624708 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Lots of iced tea, Train. Lots of iced tea

Reply #624710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz you are retarded. "Its particularly sad that in a season where they have dominated and are favourites for the ring" So they dominated when they were on the bottom of the ladder? They get into the last regular season game and I am sorry to say ( no I am not at all) that that is far from dominating.
I guess you are a stalker IRL and this is how you get your Kix. You have interminably stared so my topics and it's 100% clear you have no idea about the game. Maybe you are the customer in disguise. Are you a thug irl?

Reply #624712 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Long Island Ice Tea :P

Reply #624717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When Dazz gets called a retard, a stalker, a thug, and told he has no idea about the game all in the one post, then Dazz isn't the one with the problem.

Reply #624721 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Anon (2 above) did you read Dazz's post? Or just the first line and think 'I hate Perth so have to write something negative'?
Reread it...he was saying those things about the 6ers...you halfwit.

Reply #624726 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Bug ads, the Kanye principle. Well played!

Reply #624734 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Big not bug.. haha autocorrect

Reply #624735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well put Timberball. The weak anons who bash Dazz are worse than Dazz!

Reply #624737 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"When Dazz gets called a retard, a stalker, a thug, and told he has no idea about the game all in the one post, then Dazz isn't the one with the problem."

Agree, there's no need for this kind of crap. There's still a person writing all this, no matter how much I usually disagree with what they have to say. At least they've got the balls to login and post under the same name everyday.

Reply #624743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

* every15minutes

Reply #624744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats fans are the biggest trolls (some on purpose other unknowingly due to their ridiculous one-eyedness) so it prompts others to bite back (who the Cats fans will then claim are trolls) and invariably you get one giant shitstorm.

Also other fanbases aren't that active online, even this place is quiet during Sixers away games (wtf?). Obviously during home games you are all at the Dome but away no one really posts much. Strange.

Reply #624745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also the style of play Cats employ is sludgeball and disgusting to watch, therefore most non-Cats fans don't want to see them in the playoffs. 7/8 of the league play a game enjoyable to the eye.

Now at least one semi final series will be a hackathon :(

Reply #624748 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

There's no doubt that Taipans-Wildcats is the ugliest combination in the league this season.
Silver lining - at least that can't be the GF matchup ;)

We haven't had many Wildcats games with Cotton + healthy Prather. That de-uglifies the Wildcats to a degree.

Reply #624752 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Wildcats are only ugly when the offense stagnates...so about 90% of the season,

Reply #624779 | Report this post

hoopster  
Years ago

ROFLcopter you're the biggest Flog of all.
31yrs straight finals & 7 Championships... nuff said.

Reply #624782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great idea posting under a pseudonym of course. Which in the end is meaningless when the bullies and thugs and brain dead people slander you.
Everyone might as well be anonymous here. Unless Isaac will follow through on a formal complaint who cares.
The bullies and thugs of the Hoops now are "anonymous" but we all know who they are.

Reply #624783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wildcats are only ugly when the offense stagnates...so about 90% of the season,"

*standing up applause*

gold jerry gold

Reply #624787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Which in the end is meaningless when the bullies and thugs and brain dead people slander you."

Irony overload!!

Reply #624797 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Brilliant!
A thread about "why the Cats get talked about the most"

is now the most talked about thread!

Love it.

Reply #624798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dislike Perth, but it mostly stems from the way they win. It's ugly and dirty but you cant but look at their success with envy.

Reply #624807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They sure do play ugly and dirty.

But in no way am I envious of it.

Also the incompetent refs "enable" the boundaries to be pushed. Does that mean you are good?

Life isn't black and white... but the point of pro sports is to always have a clear winner even if it is under a "cloud" (so to speak).

From a purely philosophical viewpoint it doesn't matter whether you win or lose - it's HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME.

Reply #624808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does that mean THEY are good?*

Reply #624809 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

A great quote from 'White man can't jump' ...rather look bad and win than look good and lose.

Reply #624811 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

1 Perth is successful.
2 Not one of the traditional powerhouse cities i.e. Melbourne Sydney Adelaide.
3 Arrogant culture.
4 Physical defence is their trademark.This is always borderline.
5 Resentment of home town support.
A team everyone loves to hate, beat and criticise. Both sides are entrenched.

Reply #624816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Biggest fan base and most passionate. Its why they have had sellouts, full stadiums over a two decades and other teams sadly have not

Reply #624818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The real reason is because of their success, which some supporters of other teams are so obviously envious of that they start to invent and exaggerate certain things about them as if getting the moral high ground is going to erase their bitterness.

If people are singing the praises of Bevo, and hoping Goorjian comes back to the league, then there is no logical reason why the Cats' style of play should be hated.

Reply #624825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Err no.

Goorjian, while his style was sludgeball defensive like, actually had a FLOWING offense on the other end. e.g. Kings threepeat. This is not the case with the Cats system introduced by Bevo and now continued on by Gleeson.

Let me put it another way.

In the future will anyone (other than the Perth fanbase) look back on those championships and comment how well the team played the game (style wise not results wise)? Nope.

During the Kings threepeat even though I despised Sydney during it I can look back and appreciate what they did, they were . Can't say the same about Perth. Another recent example Breakers team was a joy to watch.

Reply #624873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"During the Kings threepeat even though I despised Sydney"

Now we're getting to the crux of the issue. You hate teams that win titles.

Reply #624875 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

If you were getting 10k+ crowds every game, why would you change the style? It works for the fans and it works on the court.

Quite frankly I don't think any of the front office (nor the Perth fans) care about the style if it results in success on court.

Reply #624882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^ Of course they don't. But that does not negate the point their style is awful, which was, well, the point. lol

Reply #624884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The point is Cats fans think "oh we are good yadda yadda yadda everyone is a hater look at them all talking about us" when in reality there is hate for the style of play not the team or the supporters. But it seems to make them feel special so believe it if it makes you feel that way.

Reply #624888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re: Why do the Cats get talked about so much???

Basically:

The style of play is atrocious which creates a talking point.

NOT the deluded version of:

"Oh eastern states jealous of our titles and our team and our fans and our state bla bla bla"

/thread

Reply #624891 | Report this post

Dazzamaniac  
Years ago

I'm a cats fan.

I hate our style of play. I'm envious of adelaide.

I would have been happy for the streak to end, so they'd reshuffle the team and get a team in that has offensive threats.

Reply #624893 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

Curious to know if the people who hate the style still think it is equally terrible after the addition of Cotton?

Reply #624894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that will happen regardless.

There have been times this season when the output was horrible to watch but overall its been good across the past seven seasons.

Reply #624895 | Report this post

Dazzamaniac  
Years ago

It's better with Cotton, but that's because Cotton has a green light.

Cats run an offence to suit their core.

It works. But it's not glorious.

Prather and Cotton would be so much more fun to watch under a sixers regime.

Maybe it's not so much our offence but more our clientle.

Teams have scouted us well enough to know where our weaknesses are, so they can focus more on shutting our stars down.

Reply #624898 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Pretty sure when ennis was at the cats we were pretty exciting.

Reply #625146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am cats fan because of our style of play - real basketball fans appreciate good defense! (which is not only played by the Wildcats)

Reply #625192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hacking, grinding and bumping your opponent and getting away with it at home due to useless refs is not "good" defense.

Reply #625217 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754