Anonymous
Years ago

Randle attacks Hawks in the media

I saw Randle attacking the Hawks on the news tonight calling them dirty and saying he doesn't like any of them. Thoughts? Bad move in my opinion to give another team any fuel.

Topic #40880 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

niiiiiice spice it up

Reply #625271 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Ha ha. Think there is a bit of bad blood there. Didnt Bevo say Jacobsen had got a few of his players in early games. Then there was the game two weeks ago. I think Hawks match up with us very well. Wouldnt be needling them too much.

Reply #625273 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Obviously Bevo is "______" and should be banned from coaching against Adelaide.

In all seriousness though, Randle needs to be carefull. It's pretty obvious that the league directs the refs to watch out for certain behaviour, and that refs do, in effect, hold "grudges."
Whittington kept arguing with the refs, next thing you know bam, two tech fouls and he's out.

Refs could start the game looking out for niggle between Randle and others.

Reply #625285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The same ones who ignore any niggle from the Cats?

Reply #625287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ignore niggle from the cats? Take your hand off it

Reply #625288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Take your hand off it" is what I wish the refs would say to the Cats at Perth Arena.

Reply #625289 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

LOL

Randle is a show-man. Nothing to see here.

Reply #625291 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

I think Jerome is trying to fire himself up more than anything.
Bring on the Hawks

Reply #625292 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

You make little sense to me Dazz.

Reply #625294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz don't comment on things you know nothing about. Just let the MVP be the MVP he is one smart cookie. He will be going large Thursday.

Reply #625301 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

This is only a good thing. More media coverage, more hype for fans, more referee attention on the Hawks.

Reply #625306 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Truth is you know that Illawarra will start with a plan to hold Randle as much as possible. Try and work him down as early as they can.

Can wait, last time Randle put his money where his mouth was, Brisbane got burnt.

Reply #625311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz commenting on a non Perth thread. He can't get it right with his own team and people expect him to get it right here?

Reply #625312 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Shots Fired !!

Reply #625313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While Dazz's comment in this thread is off the mark, the two anons bullying him are just weak.

Reply #625316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz should stick to Perth topics. Not venture into stuff it doesn't know.

Reply #625321 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Well Anon halfwits shouldn't be allowed to post as I've said before. Man up sooks!
Dazz is entitled to his or her say!
Re Randle he's silly if he's stirred them up. You were little chance beating Hawks before this now you're done! Done in straight sets pea soupers

Reply #625323 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

IMO he's probably just a straight shooter, calling it like it is. The intensity is already ramped up for the playoffs, the Hawks are going to go at him hard and he's letting them know he's ready. Fuel or not.

Reply #625344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thunder jam, face palm. Adelaide have been chilling in hibernation, the real comp starts now. And they are very aware of what they have to do to be the first to 5 wins from now on.

Reply #625347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And it's not bullying as much as just a compete exhaustion at how annoying his input on this site has become. Don't worry he throws the old fuckwits line out every now and then so Dazz is no choir boy.

Reply #625348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sixers might be secretly worried about Illawarra. The Hawks won the season series against them very comfortably. Could be an unfortunate by product of their tanking late

Reply #625349 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

Illawarra Mercury

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4468588/36ers-star-randle-labels-hawks-dirty/

Pretty much sums it up I think.

Reply #625350 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Tough words coming from a team thats dropped its last 4 ;) Peow Peow

Reply #625352 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

Looking forward to this game its going to be physical.

Should Hawks have an abundance of fouls by half time with Sixers only on a few. Joey better start his bench players in the third quarter with licence to be physical until the refs finish stat smoothing. Once the foul count is evened up a bit, bring back his starters with a vengeance.

Bring on Thursday, its going to be huge, full house plus standers!!

Reply #625353 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

Got to luv it! Pressure on Adelaide. Got the league mvp talking trash, going to be awesome. Randle probably drop 50!

Reply #625355 | Report this post

Dazzomatic  
Years ago

ROFLcopter is a flop

Reply #625357 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Smart move by Randle really. In effect, it will have the refs watching closely and it is a home game where the crowd now knowing this will be riding every call.

Reply #625366 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Ant man shooting off his big mouth.Well well well i can see this is going to backfire on him as the Hawks will go at him to get him in foul trouble cause the refs will be watching him more than the Hawks.Is he trying to be Mundine thinking he's the man.He wins MVP and thinks he is top shit.The Hawks to play alot of zone D which work well for them in all games v Adelaide barring one in Adelaide.

Reply #625370 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Don't you mean the most knowledgeable crowd in the NBL, Tornado? lol...

Good on Randle for bringing a bit of spice to the lead up, this can really only work in their favour as the 36ers are the softest team that fall over at the slightest contact anyways, so hopefully the Hawks can play smart early on and tough it out for the win...

Reply #625374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah people who are remotely offended whinging about this have no sense of flair and drama! This happens in the NBA all the time but we all meant to be nice and quiet in the nbl when he have an opinion right or wrong? Get out of here!!!

Reply #625389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin White is dirty

Reply #625398 | Report this post

Fundingsland  
Years ago

Hawks scout is to rough up Jerome, don't get pissy that he is calling that tactic out

Reply #625399 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Love it.
I don't care what they say - you da real MVP, Jerome.

Reply #625410 | Report this post

"He wins MVP and thinks he is top shit."

I think winning MVP actually confirms you're top shit. That's what the award is for. If it was socially acceptable to call it the "Top Shit Award", it would be called that.

Reply #625435 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

How dare the most dominant player all season act like it. If anyone has earned the ability to talk shit it's Randle.

Is he right or wrong? well.... that's a story for a different episode.

Reply #625438 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

p.s. teams are only as dirty as the refs let them be. It's not a hawks issue, it's an officiating issue. This is text book ref grooming.

Reply #625439 | Report this post

Ref grooming is when a fat, 40 year old guy on the internet pretends to be a 14 year old girl and strikes up a relationship with an umpire, right?

Reply #625449 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

hahaha even i have limits to what i'd do to help my team.

Reply #625450 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Captain Creek jumps into 'dirty' debate, agreeing with MVP teammate Jerome Randle

"I back Jerome 100 per cent," Creek said.
“They’re a dirty bunch of players who can’t play at our level so their only chance is to try anything but basketball.
“We’re a far superior team as individuals and as a team so they have to resort to playing dirty.”

Reply #626358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What will they say about Cats before the GF as they are worse than Hawks?

Reply #626360 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'll be happy to find out if it means the Cats being in the GF series :)

Reply #626361 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Are the Hawks really a dirty team? I'm not a fan of those comments being made to the media - leave it on the court. Sounds like dirty tactics by the 36ers using media to try put the Hawks off.

Reply #626364 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

At the time I just assumed it was Randle giving himself and his team something to pump themselves up and make sure they were ready to go, considering all their meaningless games at the end of the regular season would have dropped their intensity off.
I can't say I have though of the Hawks as being notably dirty. I reckon it's just Creek trying not to contradict his MVP. Being cohesive as a team right now is more important than being able to back up media quotes.

Reply #626366 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The 36ers are playing that line to influence the refs. Simple as that.

Reply #626371 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

got to say that compared to Floppsie, Mop-Head and their tag-along mate -(thug for) Hire, even Kevin (anything but) White is a pre-royal commission choirboy.

I'm actually surprised that no-one has revived the old "Bruise Bros" tag for that trio of cats - of course the original NBA and NBL "bad boys" never flopped so that could be the reason.

Reply #626372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the talking point here isn't what Creek might hypothetically say about the Cats, but what he actually said about the Hawks. Who the f***is he to say they arent as his level? He's had a very ordinary career to date, I dont think not "being at his level" is as much of an insult as what he thinks it is.

Reply #626379 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Creek is a hell of a player who has taken his game to another level this season but I guessed when he got himself that dead racoon on skull haircut earlier in the season that the ego was getting a little too out of control.

Still like his game (moving towards the level of Sammy Mac or Sav now) as I do Randle's....just don't really like the BS swagger that so many athletes bring to the table these days...Not really the Aussie way Mitch.

Reply #626382 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I've lost a bit of respect for both Randle and Creek over those comments. I am all up for a bit of banter but I think those comments were a little to personal. I hope the Hawks spank them today.

Reply #626386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Not really the Aussie way"

I cringed.

Reply #626387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So I guess Randle was right!

Reply #626618 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hawks were all set up to be able to shrug their shoulders at him and say "we beat you fair and square" ... until AJ

Reply #626663 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:21 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754