Luuuc
Years ago

NBL Contracted Players List

According to Roy Ward on twitter, the NBL has released the following list of players who are currently under contract

ADELAIDE
Daniel Johnson
Mitch Creek
Brendan Teys
Anthony Drmic
(Hodgson not named, but I assume we can add him to the list now)

BRISBANE
Gibson
Jervis
Petrie
Bruce
Young
Craig
Kenyon
Te Rangi
Kickert
Bairstow

CAIRNS
Gliddon
Weigh
Loughton
Weeks
McCarron
Jawai

ILLAWARRA
Ogilvy
Ellis
Martin
White
Norton
Kay
Clarke

MELBOURNE
David Andersen
Tai Wesley
Chris Goulding
Majok Majok

NEW ZEALAND
Kirk Penney
Alex Pledger
Finn Delany
Shea Ili
Mika Vukona
Tom Abercrombie

PERTH
D Martin
Jesse Wagstaff
Matt Knight
Angus Brandt
Jarrod Kenny
Greg Hire
D Kernich-Drew

SYDNEY
Jason Cadee
Kevin Lisch
Tom Garlepp
Brad Newley

Topic #41074 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Here's an easier to read list as just linked by Boti

2017 NBL Free Agents List

Reply #631293 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

About to say, Majok Deng is contracted haha

Sobey is a must.

Btw, - as was rumoured - Grant Kelly was announced as the new major stakeholder and new chairman of the 36ers

Reply #631295 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I'm surprised they put it up on time, just the 16/17 salaries now.

Was under the impression Majok Majok would be FA. Did he have a player option or did MU just quickly resigned him?

Also surprised that Kings didn't pick up Maric's option, the rumblings were he's coming back so JVG manoeuvring for cap space? Smells like he's planning something big.

Reply #631296 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Was talk of Majok Majok already signed for 17/18 before the end of the 16/17 season, so they must have re-signed him during the season?

Disappointed that the Kings waived their team option for Truck, but hopefully as SteveK2 suggests, hopefully it's part of a bigger plan...

Reply #631303 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Also, have I missed something or has the NBL not actually announced any of this yet, it's just non-NBL media people? That's a pretty poor effort, surely?

Reply #631304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hearing the kings chasing Blanchfield.

Reply #631308 | Report this post

Rabbit 95  
Years ago

Blanchfield would be a great fit at Hawks teaming up with fellow former Crocs Norton and Kay. Would flourish under Bevo's style.

Hawks should look at turning two average imports into one good one to join Clarke as an import pairing. Whether that's a gun swingman to combat the likes of Prather, Craig, Newley or a decent backup 5 man would depend on other signings.

Forman and Coenraad showed they still have enough left in the tank to be contributors on a contending team. Both had some explosive games late in the season with crucial outside shooting. Having an extra shooter on the floor with Clarke also helps his game.

Reply #631312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blanchfield wasn't at the crocs when Kay or Norton was there. I'm not certain the Hawks would have the dollars he's looking for.

Reply #631315 | Report this post

Rabbit 95  
Years ago

I Didn't say they were team mates, just former Crocs.

In any case, Norton and Blanchfield were on the same teams

https://media.apnarm.net.au/img/media/images/2014/01/24/MDM_24-01-2014_SPORT_04_mky230114basketball_fct1025x773_ct620x465.jpg

Reply #631317 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm sure Khazzouh was still under contract?

Reply #631319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers really should have added team option not player option when signing Sobey (no euro out clause). Having him on the cheap again would have put them in a good place.

Saying that, good to see he will get paid. Mid 20s now and wouldn't have made much money playing up until now.

Reply #631320 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Angus - Nope, last season was his option season...

Reply #631326 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Interesting. I expect Khazzouh back, but I don't think we can rely on him being our starting 5 man.

While it's great to see Sobey basically carry his NBL form over to Greece, I'd say the odds of him playing on these shores next season grow slimmer each game.

Reply #631327 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

@AngusH where can you find out what numbers Sobey is putting up in Greece? I would be interested to see hoe he's going over there. Thanks

Reply #631328 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Eurobasket.com has everything youll ever need

Reply #631329 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

NBL have released full list via Twitter too 7 mins ago

Reply #631332 | Report this post

Gus  
Years ago

Bevo, would be kicking himself he let Sobey go. He could of been playing with the hawks.

Reply #631345 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

When did Bevo let Sobey go?

Reply #631350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey didn't play for Bevo...

Reply #631351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He meant Fearne.

Just another Perth fan trying to put the boot into Bevo.

Reply #631352 | Report this post

Gus  
Years ago

When Sobey left Cairns he went and Trained with the Hawks. Bevo said you are not enough and let him go!!!!!

Reply #631358 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Greece/PAOK-Thessaloniki/269?Page=3

Sobeys Euro numbers here.

Reply #631364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Perth fans need to put the boot into Bevo? Didn't perth just sweep his team in the gf??? Bevo is a distant memory

Reply #631433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly he isn't based on the hater comments on here from their fanbase as of late.

Reply #631496 | Report this post

Gusl  
Years ago

Fan is from the hawks just dispointed Bevo let him go.

Reply #631608 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:46 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754