?
Years ago

Some BIG changes going to be happening in Big V

Hearing lots of things on the grapevine, anyone know what's true and what's not?

Topic #41788 | Report this topic

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

CEO now gone, email just went out to clubs, she's going to run Bball country SA!

Reply #646898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting.. in a week that stalwart clubs leave for SEABL the CEO also leaves.

Reply #646899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure it is just coincidence

Reply #646900 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

CEO

I wish to advise that I will be leaving Big V, I have accepted a position with SA Country Basketball as their Executive Officer and will be returning to Adelaide.

It was a very difficult decision but one made easier knowing the SRC and Big V are in a good place to continue the progress made during my tenure.

I have enjoyed my time at Big V, met many great people that give freely of their time to ensure our league and game proposer with a view to retaining our role as a leader in the sport. You are all a credit to Basketball and I wish you well.

My last engagement with the Big V community will be the Awards Night, as my last day will be the 12th October 2017.

Big V will always be a part of my life as I continue to watch your progress from afar.

Many thanks for your support.

Julie

Reply #646901 | Report this post

Spot Up  
Years ago

I wonder how she defines "good place"..

Reply #646908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide ;)

Reply #646918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big V is going to be taken over by SEABL. In 2019 SEABL will have SEAB Division 1, SEABL Division 2 and a Big V Division (all non SEABL clubs from current State Champ, D1 and D2 put into 4 'geographical' conferences with cross conference playoffs / finals.

Reply #646924 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

^ is this fact or assumption, sounds a bit ambitious

Reply #646964 | Report this post

THE BEAR  
Years ago

Why is it that you can revisit results for 2002 right through to 2015,WHATEVER HAPPENED TO 2016?

Reply #646979 | Report this post

THE BEAR  
Years ago

Interesting fact,you can retrieve results of big v matches from 2002 upto 2015,BUT,NOT 2016.
Does anyone have the answer to this?

Reply #646980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha the old hide a few seasons of data trick, one of the many great mysteries of the Big V

Maybe when SEABL are running the comp they won't lose whole years of stats and results

Reply #646983 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

With the rumoured mass exodus to SEABL sense to have the whole Big V run one division with Geographic conferences

Reply #646984 | Report this post

THE BEAR  
Years ago

There maybe a good reason this has happened,I believe.
A major stuff up

Reply #646986 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe it will become an elite program again like it used to be!

Reply #647103 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Back to the ABA days lol

Reply #647112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back the ABA

Reply #647199 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

When the league allows anyone to enter regardless of sustainability or lack of funds then it becomes a glorified MMBL. Back in the Matt Cowling days you had to have a good domestic program, junior rep program, money, committee, good venue with decent amenities and other items that had to be ticked off before you were allowed to enter.

Reply #647412 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Things changed pretty quickly when it became a money making venture to try and add more and more teams!

Senior ball should be about quality rather than glorified mid-week domestic teams running around.

Every second tom d!ck and harry now running around Melb's night clubs claiming they are Big V players....reality is they play Div 2 or YL2 which is worse than MSAC on a sunday night

Reply #647417 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

While I agree in what you two are presenting, as issues that can't be ignored, there is in fact a set of criteria for entry into the Big V.

Maybe the issue is ignoring the actual rules and directives, maybe there is a lack of accountability somewhere...?

Reply #647600 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Money gets you in and a half decent list, don't worry if the players change each year, sustainability is no concern to the league, one club changes venues each year, roster every year, no domestic, hardly any rep teams yet no problem staying involved. This is not a hit on that club but shows that the boxes ticked to enter don't really need ticking

Reply #647601 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Everyone has to show their plan moving forward to get in. And the sustainability etc. I guess for some clubs it does always pan out as well as the planned. They all have to start somewhere though.

Reply #647683 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Even after 10 years, surely the direction of some clubs should not allow them in because in hindsight they are going backwards not forward

Reply #647694 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:34 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754