Sponge Bob
Years ago

NH - Adelaide Show 05

just wondering if anyone else that has been to the show already thinks it was dissapointing? i mean most of the rides have gone like all of the old favs like the matterhorn, hurricaine have gone this year and these others have been gone for a few years now, pirate ship, zipper, enterprise. thank god that the mad mouse, hard rock and the claw are still there.... for the moment! the only place to park was the park lands where it was bogged, it just was very dissapointing.

Topic #4217 | Report this topic

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

Reply #48967 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Wasnt BASA doing something at the show this Year ... Any word on how that is going ??

Reply #48983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BASA has a stall set up with some 36ers stuff that you can buy. There is also a ring set up so you can shoot around if you want.

Reply #49000 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hard Rock and The Claw are both relatively new rides.

Yo will find ever since the Spin Dragon accident, SA has the most stringent safety requirements for rides, and a lot of the old ones could no longer meet those requirements.

Also as technology for rides improve, newer and better rides come out.

There are 3 new rides this year, mind you they claim the Hang Over is a new ride, its just the old double ranger with a new name.

Reply #49003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you seem very well informed yogee, perhaps a little too informed.

Yogee, are you carn-y folk?

Reply #49006 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Maybe they could Organise some sort of shoot out , 3 on 3 , eight foot Dunk contest , with this ring or something along those lines... rather then just having a ring for the hell of it

Reply #49011 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

No, was just involved in behind the scenes at the Show for many years, and still have a lot of contacts.

I stopped being a carny when they made Freak Shows illegal :)

Reply #49013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couple good looking blokes working at the stand on monday

Reply #49014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, heard it was Panther and Dougie, who will be wearing his Foul King Crown!

Reply #49027 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeh show is disappointing. How did they claim the hangover is new....it was called the hangover last year aswell. At my age the rides arent even fun, they are long past being scary, but they arent even fun anymore...they need someone really new but i think most things that can be thought of have been.

True BASA could've organised tournaments and other fun activities for the littler ones. its the most exciting event for children in the year and really could be an avenue of getting the little ones involved.

Show bags are getting to be more of a gip each year, but hey, so is everything else in this world..like petrol.

Reply #49032 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

actually they have had activities having elimination games with the little kids with some help from 36ers at different times during the day

and last year mark davis ran some small 3 on 3 games as well and i believe he is doing again this year as well

so they are organising some stuff

Reply #49042 | Report this post

GR  
Years ago

The sixers players are involved at different times during the show period. Oscar and Brad were at the show last Saturday for a skills session, and I believe other players will be there this Wednesday and next Saturday near the BASA stand.

Reply #49051 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

Have not yet Sponge Bob. So what you are saying is not to waist my money. Thats it crap!

Reply #49113 | Report this post

>Guess.Who<  
Years ago

hangover is the best! its so fun, wish the zipper was still there tho
:(

Reply #49154 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

Well Mr T im not saying don't go it's still good just most of the good rides are not there but there is still plenty of things to do.

By the way it's waste not waist!

Reply #49185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:52 pm, Fri 3 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754