Anonymous
Years ago

When is CG43's contract up?

Is his contract up at seasons end? If so, United would be best to part ways with him, Barlow, and Anderson (unless he'll play for cheap).

Topic #42335 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Barlow is shocking

Reply #660889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They need a rebuild

Reply #660891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha. Barlow injured for so long and still on the payroll and comes back as chump change. A shadow of hid former self. NBL career over.

Reply #660898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather, Ware, Goulding are all ball dominant players, posters warned about this, Cedrick Jackson ran the show for Vickerman at breakers, could score but pass first. As good as Cg43 has been it might be time to off the bench and Prather to the two. It would free up Casper to go back to his normal game and allow Cg43 more offence of the bench.
Ware
Prather
Moller
Wesley
Boone
No one should play more than 30 minutes.

Reply #660901 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Goulding is done. It's come to the point I cringe and anticipate a turnover whenever he has the ball now. Needs a lot of touches to light it up

Reply #660902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to question the wisdom of the coach. I remember gleeson benching from starting five Beal when he had a shocking run of scoring. CG43 needs to be demoted back down to the bench and I wonder why the coach hasnt picked that up as being necessary.

Reply #660907 | Report this post

HoLLor  
Years ago

Moller into the 5? holy shit MU must be desperate

Reply #660922 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

For me I'd have
Boone
Anderson/majok
Prather
Ware
Adnam

Wesley
Goulding

Would allow for Prather and ware to get their shots

Reply #660923 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Bring in a Tasmanian club and let this man be the face of the new organisation, something really stinks in Melbourne and hearing about his swagger aren't doing MU any favours but could be exactly what the Tassie devils need

Reply #660925 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

If he's out of contract at MU next season I believe he'll end up at Brisbane. He's still perceived as a marquee name by the casual fan and Lemanis can run everything through him so he'll get lots of shots up and occasionally look like he's worth whatever they overpay him.

It won't make Brisbane any better though and he'll still be woeful 3 nights out 4, but there's a certain logic to the whole arrangement.

Reply #660933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just not a smart player. The days of his prime are quickly fading and he isn't even close to being an NBA talent.

Reply #660937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He hasn't gotten himself into basketball shape this season.

He looks at least 5kg too heavy

Reply #660945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CG43 got to into his own hype train!

On this seasons form he isn't in Boomers conversation.

Reply #660947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It doesn't make sense why he gets 32 minutes a game.
The poster before said it right they have to many guys who need the ball in their hand. It's better to have someone like adnam on because you know he'll do the team thing as for anderson I just don't get it, every time he is on he is productive and he seems to be getting less and less minutes. I wouldn't give even 1 minute to hooley, barlow and moller they.

Reply #660951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cg43 bought into his own hype. He can't defend an under 10, can’t fight around or through screens ffs, can never read a play and stick his body in the road. All round liability this season.

He jacked up some real puss last night and miracously got 1 when he was covered. Looks off balanced most times and timid - having a sore/weak gut can’t help which means he shouldn’t be starting and probably needs time out to heal. United are cooked - can see Brisbane/Illa/Snakes knocking them down to 2nd last with kings who are more of a mess losing to an ordinary road team in Brisbane.

Reply #660965 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

They are best starting with Casper and Prather as primary scorers playing off Boone's screens, Wesley as the tough role player who can create a score when left 1 on 1 and Moller as the other role player who doesn't need the ball, just hustles.

If CG43 came off the bench and was on court when Casper and or Prather was off he might have some value, same argument with Melo at OKC at the moment, inefficient volume shooter who needs to lead the second unit if he's going to add any value. Trouble is the ego won't allow it, in either case.

Reply #660970 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I think your assessment of Tai Wesley's toughness is a bit off, Melbourne Boy. He's pretty soft. The one-percenters just don't exist in his game

Reply #660973 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/NBL/status/939436791978803200?s=17

Reply #660975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"https://twitter.com/NBL/status/939436791978803200?s=17"

most hustle i've seen from Goulding all year, did he get credited with a steal for that? lol

Reply #660976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm with you Melbourne boy, Wesley don't box out hard enough though, like your starting 5 though.

Reply #660980 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:02 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754