Anonymous
Years ago

SA Country Champs WTF????

Haven't been to the Country champs in close to a decade and I can't believe how far the standard has fallen off. Broken Hill, Pt Augusta and Whyalla were always the big guns for the men's competition and now are nowhere to be seen! The only team that looks like they train or even give a toss is Mt Gambier. The senior women's comp looks like B grade Masters standard at best.

What the hell has happened?

Topic #42592 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The standard is certainly not what it used to be!
The Div 1 women's comp has only 4 teams! Not a great reflection
of the current standard of country bball if you can only get 4 teams in the top
division!
The standard of play would probably equal that of division 2 or 3 in a social competition at your local rec centre. The carnival reflects more of a social piss up then anything else!
Can't say I'm not surprised though, with the SAC junior development program currently in disarray with no direction and leadership from staff and the council, it was bound to happen soon!!

Reply #668957 | Report this post

Randy  
Years ago

My Gambier are in the SEABL so they should be good, but the biggest surprise are where are the Murray Bridge Bullets??? Ron Nunelly, Kelvin Henderson, Billy Fikes and coach Bobby Hunnerup!! Those were the days! Loved the Bullets

Reply #668959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today tonight cameras down at the arc as we speak

Reply #668961 | Report this post

Wang whipper  
Years ago

WOW! MUCH OUTRAGE!!!!

Reply #668985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's very social and basketball isn't the main focus, but it's a decent weekend. Bullets women are ok and should win the women's A/B grade

Reply #668999 | Report this post

Clint  
Years ago

Haven't seen much of the seniors but if SA Country are picking nationals teams from the U18 tournament they are in big trouble.

Reply #669149 | Report this post

Bob  
Years ago

The winning women's team had a starting 5 consisting of a lightning player and 4 Premier league players ??
Team participation is definitely a problem.
The 18’s Comp was a good standard , but yes not great in depth, in men’s and women’s and is disappointing to see the same negative crap about SAC from those who really have no clue . My kids are involved and we couldn’t be happier with what they offer.

Reply #670291 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:47 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754