CT
Years ago

Fearne to Wildcats

It's okay Cats fans, I'm just winding you up. You all need a laugh after last night's massacre.

Is it totally beyond the realm of possibility though? Perth have built their team around their defense. Gleeson gets the flick after limping into the playoffs two years in a row and failing to build for the future, Fearne gets pulled in as a coach with a strong reputation for being a defensive expert. Gliddon and even mccarron go with him maybe? How would Fearne go with one of the biggest budgets in the nbl and a slick management and coaching operation to back him up?

Topic #42823 | Report this topic

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Hahahaha I'd approve of this

Reply #675619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the reason Fearne got the boot was because players like Gliddon and McCarron gave the club an ultimatum.

Reply #675624 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

both mccarron and Gliddon made strongly-worded statements thanking fearne. you never really know what the truth is in these situations though:

"A huge thank you to @aaronfearne14 for everything over the past 2 years. People are so quick to share opinions on coaches without ever really knowing who they are, what they stand for or the effort they put in to each player."

Reply #675647 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

I'd think you'd be more likely to snag both with Fearne.

Reply #675650 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

(I think they're more likely to sign me as starting PG than to give Trev the flick though)

Reply #675656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could Matty Nielsen pursue the Cairns head coach role? If so, then the Wildcats could sign Fearne as the top assistant.

Reply #675658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats management isn't 'slick' anymore.

Reply #675666 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Well the Wildcats did have (former Townsville head coach) Paul Woolpert as assistant coach and although I've never heard anyone say anything about him, he did only last 1 season.

Personally I wouldn't like this appointment and I think Fearne could do so much more elsewhere.

Reply #675681 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

"Bryce, your flashy handle and splashy threes... That's not Wildcats basketball"

Reply #675684 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I though Liam Flynn was off to Catsville?

Reply #675687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fearne did more with less than the current Boomers coach. And he has had many years in finals and a couple of grands as well. Not to mention those allegedly not happy with him developed under him and now in Boomers. Has to be effective even if some don't like his methods. Just sayin.

Reply #675691 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Fearney would have Cotton coming off the bench behind Kenny until his defence improved. He'd also have Waxy banned from entering Perth Arena.

Reply #675694 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"He'd also have Waxy banned from entering Perth Arena."

to be fair so would I..

Reply #675754 | Report this post

Pork  
Years ago

Gleeson limped into the playoffs last year then won the title. Yah that's firing material there. Lol.

Reply #675944 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

To be really specific, they limped into the playoffs after a bullshit foul call on Cam Gliddon in the closing seconds of one of the last games of the season. If that call went as it should have they'd have been out and their precious GF record would've been done. And so would Treveor Gleeson.

So yes, limped. Struggled, limped, stumbled and crawled also apply.

Reply #675978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns fans talking about any team not deserving a playoff spot last year is all the LOLs!

Reply #675994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listening to CT cry about last season's post season is such a bittersweep symphony

Reply #676002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CT is correct. Lucky Gleeson. Everyone forgets this.

Reply #676019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Three teams got lucky last season, and two were unlucky. It was such a close season. To single out one team or coach is moronic.

Reply #676022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was such a bad call.

Reply #676023 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I love it, drown me in your salty bogan tears, cats fans.

Reply #676026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is salty? Just pointing out how off the mark you were with your comment.

Reply #676027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL CT has officially gone troppo if he thinks bogan cats fans are salty about winning the title last year

Reply #676033 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:53 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754