Anonymous
Years ago

Why are Norwood not using Mars Stadium?

Anyone know why Norwood are not using Mars anymore?
No games were played there for the Easter Carnival and they don't train there Sundays anymore. Have they had a falling out?

Topic #43031 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

They moved to the newer ARC (used to be St Bernard's)

Reply #682167 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

New management there now and they were probably asked to pay court hire over Easter for the first time. Surprised that not training there as well but with the new Operations Manager, nothing surprises me as he is a knob but also Norwood were getting Mars for free since they have been running the tournament there.

Reply #682178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood owed Mars massive $$$ that was never paid!
Mars never chased it up and let it just accumulate to an astronomical figure. The new management have said NO more.

Reply #682194 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

I know for a fact that for the Easter tournament they were not paying anything. I assume the massive bill is for trainings

Reply #682198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't Mars chase up the money then, pretty simple to prove if Norwood havnt paid any court hire.

Reply #682223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New management are attempting to fix the problem I can assure you! The operations mng that just left didn't invoice them for well over 12 months.

Reply #682250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mars is a social basketball dump no great loss for anyone.

Reply #682292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds Pretty simple really, if you refuse to pay your account for court hire that you have used then the centre has no option but to kick you out!! Simple business really, although the centre needs some blame for letting the bill get so big.
This after the centre gave the club years of free court hire over the Easter break!
Court hire for 4 days 3 courts with public holidays would be close to 10k, times that by 5 years and there's a lot of goodwill shown by the centre to the club!
And in return the club apparently hasn't paid their bill for court hire which was in the thousands??
Looks pretty clear cut whos in the wrong here

Reply #682295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cmon guys, Norwood's one of those struggling battlers that need all the help they can financially. Hard making ends meet employing full time staff and giving 10 grand contracts to role players.
Let's just take a minute, put your hands in your pockets and help the flames out, every cent will help, even if it's only $50.
In the meantime to repay Mars I'm assuming junior fees will go up again.

Reply #682297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's disgraceful really, shouldn't BSA be involved in this? How did Mars let it go on for so long? Really poor for basketball.

Reply #682298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mars are certainly in the wrong letting it go for so long. Its sounds like Norwood were never invoiced absolutely appalling!!!
Norwood seem to not really care about losing Mars and I bet they would never admit to owing any money. Personally I think Norwood will be losing quite a few kids when Hillcrest have 5 full size courts they really have a lot of unhappy kids at the moment and I can't see that will change until Norwood make some leadership changes

Reply #682320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are allowing posts where we refer to other people in the basketball community as "knobs"

Reply #682356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you don't like report the post then Anon, that's what that functionality is for.

Reply #682380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When Lights view is up and running that will kill Mars and its social competition anyway. Heard rumors that a church group are buying it anyway

Reply #682382 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ok firstly if you think MARS didn't invoice, you're kidding yourself. They may not have chased the invoice up, but i assure you they would have invoiced. Norwood didnt pay and that doesn't surprise me at all.

Those mentioning Kids leaving, it is already happening and will continue to do so and yes, when Lightsview/Rockets home is completed forget about Norwood having the bigger share of juniors in eastern/north eastern suburbs.

Reply #682389 | Report this post

Gangsta  
Years ago

It is quality not quantity who cares.

Reply #682398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bloody Norwood bashers. When the majority of club either have BSA running the stadiums and financially propping then up or in Norths case had their stadium given to em it's a joke that some of you point fingers at a club who pay their own way and still grow.

Yes kids are leaving Norwood, yep. The ones who aren’t making the 1’s or 2’s and are getting that offered at other clubs. So yeah blame Norwood all ya want for losing unhappy kids. While you do that ask yourself why they aren’t making ones and why is it that Norwood’s 3’s, 4’s or even 5’s are making other clubs ones or twos. As for MARS, it’s a shithole stadium anyway with only one good court.

Reply #700532 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What an out of the blue comment

Reply #700534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tensions high in SA.

Reply #700565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754