Anonymous
Years ago

Players overseas capable of playing NBL

Outside of the NBA guys, who are the players that have the capabilities (in the current NBL) to play as locals that are currently playing overseas? With an extra team next year, they need to find at least 8 players
A few...

EUROPE
Jonah Bolden
Ryan Broekhoff
Brock Motum
Mitch McCarron
Ben Madgen
Will McDowell-White
Mirko Djeric ?
Luke Nevill ?
Venky Jois?
Anatoly Bose?
Ater Majok?

NORTH AMERICA
D-League
Mangok Matthiang

College Seniors or early entrants
Jock Landale
Deng Adel (likely D-league)
Jo Lual-Acuil (likely d-league)
Xavier Cooks
Chima Moneke
Sam McDaniel
Emmett Naar
Duop Reath
Matur Maker

Are all of these guys up to it?
Are there any others that would be eligible (not continuing in college)

Topic #43126 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng deng
Josh duinker
Malou Emmanuel
Jordan vandenberg

Reply #684441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vandenberg was not even effective at SEABL level.

Reply #684444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ I agree on Vandenberg. He played some preseason games for United last year and he was awful. There is no chance he ever gets a gig

Reply #684445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac Humphries, having gone to Europe to play was left off the list

Reply #684446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is big and takes up space, but that is where his talents end. Needs to work MUCH harder to take the next step. Amazing he went to summer league with the Knicks

Reply #684447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tom Wilson is another in Europe but looks like he has signed with Sydney

Reply #684449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson isn't in Europe, he is in Australia playing with Andrew and the Tigers at SEABL level. And yes, he is going to Sydney

Reply #684450 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Vandenberg & Duinker have both played in the NBL with the Kings and didn't look up to this level especially Vandenberg.

Reply #684451 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nevill struck me as a headless chicken. Could get an NBL job, but I don't know if I'd want him on my team. Djeric is serviceable but can presumably get more over there than an NBL team might offer him.

Reply #684464 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

What about Daniel Trist? Playing LEB Gold in Spain. Whilst not top flight, you'd have to think it's still a high quality league (averaging 11 & 5).

Reply #684465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Djeric is playing in the Serbian league, not even the ABA league, so it's second tier. The money in Serbia and Croatia is very, very pour as in lots of euro leagues now unless you’re in the top division and then the nbl is around the same money. The euro cup and euro leagues teams are on the big money. Newley, Anderson, Barlow, Nielsen made great money by playing in euro cup/league anything below that the nbl is comparable.

Reply #684481 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Ater Majok. No thanks.

Reply #684485 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

All members of the Lebanese national team, chinese national team, phillipnes national team etc are eligible.

Then throw in Satnam Singh, guys with Guam passports and a few Korean guys.

Reply #684525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ good points. Tai Webster is another. Are there any other Kiwis?

Reply #684531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tai Webster - I see his team are just barely in the playoff top eight at the moment. Does anyone with more in depth knowledge of the Bundesliga know how well he is doing apart from the stats? Apart from the top teams my understanding is the Bundesliga lower teams are worse than NBL.

Reply #684558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcel jones

Never understood why he wasn't given a gig somewhere

Reply #684615 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754