LC
Years ago

Uncle Drew film to bypass Australian theaters

After much anticipation, it looks like we won't be catching Uncle Drew in cinemas down under.

Kyrie Irving’s Uncle Drew film to bypass Australian theaters, headed for Amazon

Bit disappointed about this news. Surely this would have enjoyed some success in Aussie theatres?

Topic #43578 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So? Watching at home is more comfortable anyway.

Reply #695312 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

"After much anticipation"

I have not seen or heard it even mentioned by anyone over here.

Reply #695359 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'll be watching it but in the knowledge that it will be absolute rubbish. Bypassing the cinemas is clearly the correct call.

Reply #695363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I'll give it a watch online someday, but I expect it to be pretty bad and cringey.

Reply #695367 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I'll catch it when it makes a double feature with The Devil at Your Heels.

Reply #695381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The previews were cringeworthy.

Reply #695382 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've only seen it occasionally mentioned on r/NBA, so not surprised it's largely unmentioned here.

Reply #695384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its about a basketballer i think kobie briant and he dresses up like and old grandpa and plays street basketball against other guys and beets them.
He wears old stuff then teams with some other players who also dressed up as old men and they beat the street players and they dont even no that is it them, like they are the nba players.
It will ebe hell funny cos image the guys in street they have no ideas and kobie do like all cool dunks and they be all conufsed.
Image when he finally reviels its him. haha

Should be great and funny show.

Reply #695435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ the above is the film's target audience.

Reply #695446 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

hahahaha

Reply #695460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the original couple of pepsi ads were hilarious and clever, but I struggle to see how they can turn the concept into a full length movie and still have that same effect.

Reply #695462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on.

Reply #695464 | Report this post

Unky D  
Years ago

Check out the vids on youtube, it will be targeted towards the black American demographic.
There's not much out at the moment so when its available via torrents, it will be available.
I'm sort of thinking an extended version of LJs granmama commercial.

Reply #695512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The movie is getting decent reviews and has performed admirably at the box office this week behind Sacario

Reply #695518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754