RJ
Years ago

2005 Junior Prelim's ... Div 2's

It's a busy day and these will be short, sorry.

16 Girls 2:
9:00 Port 1 North 1 V Norwood
The excitable Warriors are gone, and the Sabres await in the Final. Can North rebound from the disappointment of Friday's exciting double-overtime loss? (How their coach even lasted the game Friday is beyond me.) This should be another tough, physical encounter but I'll stick with the Rockets, for their sake hopefully in regulation.

18 Girls 2:
11:00 Port 2 North 1 V West
Two close hard fought semi's should be followed by a fiery Prelim Sunday. The Eagles run ended (that's 0/2 isn't it Quiet One?) while Sturt were again impressive and await one of these sides in the Final. The depth of the Rockets I feel will be key and they should comfortably win this.

21 Women 2:
11:30 DHD 3 West V South
Woodville's only U21 side, as expected easily accounted for West's 2nd U21 side Friday. South comfortably got by the Tigers also. South are dangerous and actually I'm going to go with them to upset the Bearcats on Sunday.

16 Boys 2:
9:00 Port 2 Norwood V North
As predicted super coach Clarke and his merry men (well boys) came out to play and outclassed the Flames with a 61-30 win. Meanwhile North upset the 2nd Sturt side by 5. Norwood are better then the above score line suggests and should bounce back Sunday with a 10+ point win over the Rockets.

18 Boys 2:
13:45 Port 1 South V North
Already struggling with injury the Panthers suffered another before the game even started Friday night. That being said they still got completely over powered inside. The Eagles winning the battle of the big men 38-10 and the game 69-33. Too big, too deep ... too good. What a privilege it must be to coach that much talent in a Division Two side. It was predicted on this site (not by me,) and the Rockets lived up to expectations and knocked out the 2nd placed Sabres with a 44-40 win. A strong run home and 23-14 4th quarter proving the key to what was a close game from the start. I'd say right now the Rockets would be slight favorites on form but if the Panthers can manage their injuries they'll tough it out and come through with a tight win.

18 Boys 3:
12:00 Port Adelaide 2. All I'm saying is yes Southern won (sorry Misty) and are still alive. I'm sure there's been enough hype on this grade already.

18 Boys 4:
10:00 Port 2. Southern v Norwood 1.
Go for gold MC! Nice T too :-)

20 Men 2:
13:00 Port 2. Norwood v West
Again I think the Flames are too drilled and intense for the Bearcats. They should set up another North v Norwood game, in the Grand Final.

GO CROWS!!!

Topic #4360 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've gotta know.....who are you RJ???

Reply #50568 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

hahah says anon hahhaha nice 1

Reply #50603 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

GO SOUTH WOOOOOO U18s win by 1

Reply #50649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go north under 16 div 2 you are right lucky the coach did make it. It is lucky that a couple of the girls know how to play

Reply #50955 | Report this post

The Stats Room  
Years ago

Teams in Finals from each club

Sturt 20 total, 8 in div 1
North 16 total, 2 in div 1
Forestville 15 total, 4 in div 1
Norwood 12 total, 3 in div 1
South 7 total, 1 in div 1
Woodville 5 total, 2 in div 1
West 3 total, 3 in div 1
Southern 2 total
Centrals 0
Eastern 0

Boys

Sturt 10 total, 4 in div 1
North 9 total, 1 in div 1
Norwood 8 total, 1 in div 1
Forestville 8 total, 1 in div 1
South 5 total, 1 in div 1
West 2 total, 2 in div 1
Woodville 2 total, 2 in div 1
Eastern 0
Centrals 0

Girls

Sturt 10 total, 4 in div 1
Forestville 7 totals, 3 in div 1
North 7 total, 2 in div 1
Norwood 4 total, 2 in div 1
Woodville 3 total, 0 in div 1
Southern 2 total, 0 in div 1
South 2 total, 0 in dov 1
West 1 total, 1 in div 1
Eastern 0
Centrals 0

Reply #50989 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

Yeah thanks RJ!

But one of my players topped my effort in the game on Sunday, a foul, followed by a T, followed by an Unsportsmanlike foul in the space of 15 seconds!

Reply #50995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does this show how strong a club is.

Reply #50996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey can any1 explain y the hell the 16/2 b gf has been dumpped on crt '3' wayville at 830 in the mornin when theres no1 else playin at wayville untill 930 on all courts surly it would make more sence to give them crt 1 since theres no1 else in adelaide even awake yet!!!!

Reply #51302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea thats crap we are already gonna hav trouble with sturt as it is why did we get put out on 3. RJ north have a better than you think we just lost a couple of games during the year we shouldnt have lost and we can give sturt a good run if we all play well. I hate 8:30 games

Reply #51322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well the div 2 under 16 girls beat sturt north played well. Lucky they got a good start one of there players shot good points at the beginning well done. I hope you got some kind of award at there presention if not the coach is mad. What I have see she is one of there better player. Go No 9.

Reply #52162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

congrats to the north 20bdiv2
40 games for the year 40 wins
summer ,winter premiers as well as reserve champs

Reply #52179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754