mystro
Years ago

Breakers Vs Suns

Game day.

Will NZ get a hiding like the Wildcats or will we have a game on our hands like the Kings?

Topic #43962 | Report this topic

CT  
Years ago

definitely interested to see how the PG situation goes. Ili is still a question mark for me and I'm not sure how Jarrad Weeks is going to match up against an Nba team.

Reply #706514 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Well it is the suns with no booker, not the jazz, so it should be much closer than the Perth game. Jazz jjst beat toronto by 15

Reply #706523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers looking good

Reply #706532 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

52 - 42 at halftime to Phoenix.

Reply #706533 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Webster is on fire.
But you're right.... Suns are nothing compared to the Jazz

Reply #706535 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Webster could really play NBA. He just looks comfortable against NBA players.

You"ll see good players come up against NBA players and they can't seem to replicate that skill - but with Webster you just get the feel he can do it against just about anyone (even if he is a step slower than others out there)

Reply #706536 | Report this post

Cbj  
Years ago

This is the sort of basketball that will help nbl get a bigger following.

I was talking to my brother who has ALWAYS followed NBA and would rarely have seen an NBL game. He has been watching these games and is more interested in tuning into nbl games this season.

Yes the suns aren't the Jazz before we get the Perth people saying that but at least Sydney, Melbourne and the breakers looked to be fighting instead of scared.

Reply #706537 | Report this post

Spot Up  
Years ago

Webster looking very impressive in this game. NZ seem to have put together a nice roster for this season coming too.

Reply #706543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any reason why the Suns best player Devin Booker is not playing?

Reply #706544 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Booker injured his hand

Reply #706545 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Webster top scoring has got lips moving. I think that game just did a solid for his chances of a look in again. Shame they didn't pull of those quick looks in the final 2, they were very close to that upset. Great game to watch too.

Reply #706547 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Proud of the boys for that effort.

Reply #706550 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I think they will be happy with the score and the overall result (close loss). And so they should..fantastic effort!

However I suspect when they review the video they will maybe think "damn we really could have won that" - because they really could have. Missed some makeable shots.

Cant fault the guys though. Great showing. I'm sure Marion is proud to be an owner with that effort!

Reply #706561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Webster who the Cats cut lights ups vs. NBA opposition. Funny that.

Reply #706565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats didnt cut him, he decided to go to Europe and never even came over.

Reply #706579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would of asked to leave the cats if i got pants downed by Utah

Reply #706587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was cut for the guy who won MVP, probably a fair decision. Couldn't afford both.

Reply #706588 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It seems that our teams are getting better as the series progresses, as though they're watching each game that comes before them and are becoming more and more emboldened to compete.The Breakers are the first team in the two series to not shoot themselves in the foot in the first quarter, and were actually good enough to fight back a 19 point deficit. I feel like we're starting to see how NBL teams can compete once they stop being starstruck. The fact that these are second-tier NBA teams helps, but I still think there's a clear raising of standard on our end.

Reply #706589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suns ! So no more.

Reply #706591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME, pretty sure Melbourne were in front at 1/4 time v OKC.

Don't think the teams are getting better as it goes on, Melbourne were solid, Perth atrocious, Sydney the best of this series so far, and NZ a good comeback after being down double figures a lot of the game. They didn't play overly well offensively, but they sure defended well.

Reply #706594 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I don't really think Melbourne were solid. I think Philly called off the hounds way before any other team in this series did. Also, there were certain match ups where, if 76ers wanted to go to them all night, they would have embarrassed Melbourne as badly as Utah did Perth. I didn't get the sense that Sydney or New Zealand stood to be overpowered quite as comprehensively by any particular match up from Clippers or Suns. Really, Melbourne was very, very lucky that they didn't look to throw it inside to Embid more. However, with Suns, yes they were missing Booker, but they were genuinely trying to win that game as well and were actually a bit fortunate to take it away.

Reply #706618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne struggled to defend Simmons and Embiid, but their defence held up reasonably well considering they didn't have Boone, which was in stark contrast to Perth's D. They also executed well, created good opportunities for Goulding and Pledger, and would have been disappointed they didn't hit a few more very makeable shots, but that's what happens in pre-season games.

Reply #706639 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:11 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754