Anonymous
Years ago

Perth game entertainment thread

I arrived a bit later than usual today, but when I walked in they were doing the starting 5s. They've managed to dim the lights for it!

But it felt a bit rushed. The announcer was rushing through it. And then when they played the pump up video after the starting 5s (another positive change) he started yelling over the top of it.

He should save the yelling/encouragement after the video is played.

Topic #44048 | Report this topic

Vodka63  
Years ago

Pre season planning for entertainment in Perth:

What can we do to take things up a notch?

Hmmm....something that will be bigger and better than last year...

I know, let's make the music even louder so that no one can hear themselves think..

Brilliant! It’s never been done before. That’s what the fans come for

Reply #708611 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

I emailed the Wildcats in the middle of the game, asked them to turn the music down.
Either they complied, or I have simply lost 20% of my hearing.

Reply #708615 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

I thought the bag no larger than an A4 sheet of paper at entry was the entertainment? People missed the tip off. An absolute joke

Reply #708620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a tragedy

Reply #708621 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Yeah, don't people smuggling in that foolscap.

Reply #708624 | Report this post

Slam drunk  
Years ago

Watched it from home, how's the choice of music??? Nothing like banging out the nutbush and other songs that are decades old to get the kids going....

Reply #708634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Music has improved, but the club still has a gag order on all music.

There's a DJ - but the DJ only plays songs approved by the club, the club selects the music.

Since Marvin left, they've lossened up a bit, but the selection is quite repetitive unfortuantely.

Reply #708638 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I've been saying for six years they needed to turn out the lights for the starting fives, then use the pre-game video to let the lights warm up. Glad to see them finally do it.

I like what they're doing with the scoreboard this year too, running a lot of full-screen content pre-game. I do think they need to differentiate the individual points from the player names a bit better, it's harder to read it just glancing up at at (some of which is just getting used to the new layout as well, of course).

Reply #708669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad to see the increase in membership fees was used for the cage thing that was brought out for the pre-game entertainment. Wilbur's entrance was disappointing.

Reply #708674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I've been saying for six years they needed to turn out the lights for the starting fives, then use the pre-game video to let the lights warm up. Glad to see them finally do it."

Couldn't agree more. However, I would prefer the courtside announcer let the video play then scream in excitement at the end.

The starting fives were far too rushed as well.

Reply #708779 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I missed that Hire didn't have any funky handshakes this year, Terrico must not play that game. :(

Reply #708804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I notice that almost all teams this season have updated the music and are using more instrumentals, cats still doing the same as the past 5 years pretty much with only a handful of songs updated

Reply #708812 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Did they still have the Marching Band? I missed the start, and didn't notice later.

Reply #708851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes they did

Reply #708861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth's game night "entertainment" has always been shocking.

Reply #708875 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

One thing I couldn't work out was the players on court was in no particular order, not players number or alphabetical order or points or fouls, it was all jumbled up, that was confusing.

Yep had to finish a conversation ONCE the music stopped.

DJ still painfully slow with the 'Hit the road Jack'

That A4 bag size entry limit was horrendous, the lineups were to the road and everyone way too serious even for those without bags.

I still don't know why they had a 5v5 game at half time, they should be doing two games of 3v3 so we don't have to watch them running up and down the court (the kids were older so maybe that's why they did it this time.

That game with the fruit made absolutely no sense and was basically the only time we seen the cheerleaders all game.

Do the dunk team actually practise? I'm mean they are wonderfully athletic but with a ball in hand they look like they are trying for the first time, would be cool to have older slam dunk team members too (I think Utah Jazz have all adults and they are far more entertaining so maybe a mixture of both youth and adults and maybe some former cheerleaders or female gymnasts too, they will be an upgrade on the blonde kid)

Reply #708911 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

I made a complaint (along with about 20 others) at half time. I'm a new dad with a 5 month old baby, I read the no over A4 size bag policy so left the change bag in the car and just took the change wallet (parents will know). We got to the front and were told our 'bag' was to big (it slightly overhung the edges). We were made to carry nappies, wipes, disposal bags, hand sanitizer and formula in our pockets....it wasnt even a bag!! Use some common sense you muppets!

Reply #709004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus most babies nowadays don't even fit inside an A4-sized bag!

Reply #709016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starting fives were much improved today, but I wonder if it's more effective to play the video before the starting five announcement?

Reply #709855 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The lights need to warm up before they can play. The video is there to fill that time.

Reply #709857 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

What has changed about the Perth scoreboard?
I now find it very awkward to read from my seat (which is quite low and close)

I FEEL like it has moved? But maybe just changed format?

Reply #710301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've flipped the replay screen and the player details. Player names and game stats are at top making it harder for you to read

Reply #710323 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The player stats have always been at the top.

Layout-wise, the only thing that's changed is the display of team fouls and timeouts remaining, which are now between the player stats instead of above them.

Reply #710329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the morph suit guys gone this year?

If so, a good move from the cats. They were a waste of money.

Reply #710697 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Either there are less of them, they have somehow becomes less annoying, or I'm just getting immune.

Reply #710738 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

The cage thing has me baffled.
I just can't bring myself to pay enough attention to figure it out.

I get the basic concept, "Wild Cats can't be caged", but yeah, there's a cage, and a video, and yeah.

Reply #710739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cage > morphs

Reply #710741 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I get the basic concept, "Wild Cats can't be caged", but yeah, there's a cage, and a video, and yeah.
As far as I can tell, the theme of the video is that we can go into hostile territory deep within the jungle, but through willpower and perserverence will overcome its inhabitants and get out of hostile territory.

Now, why they think that makes sense for the home team is an entirely different question.

Reply #711479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to hear the return of the band on the weekend playing some beats rather than the usual loud artificial music.

Reply #711721 | Report this post

Durtle  
Years ago

Yes, music is louder than last season.

Reply #711730 | Report this post

Michel Jordan  
Years ago

I noticed they had a cardboard cut-out of Paula Hanson being handed out. I believe she is against people that aren't white and wants them kicked out of the country. Not sure this is appropriate to endorse.

Reply #718938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think they are endorsing her at all.

Reply #718946 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Is Paula Hanson Pauline's even more racist sister?

Reply #718962 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah the notion that it's an endorsement is...interesting.

They really need to drop the volume, I can't even hear the referees' whistles. That couple of minutes where the music stopped working was fantastic.

Reply #718964 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754