Anonymous
Years ago

SA U20 Women team?

Does anyone know when the SA U20 Women's team will be announced? The men were announced a while ago and they trialed at the same time?

Topic #44218 | Report this topic

SOS  
Years ago

Not enough trialed!! Men had 40+ whilst the women had the bare 10 from all reports.

Reply #714148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U20s should be scrapped.

U19s, u17s and u15s ajcs + u14 club champs it should be.

Reply #714151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would have thought it'd be easier to name the 10 if that’s all that trialled then!

Reply #714154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Men's trials had a big turnout and the women really struggled. I guess they looked at trying to get more out before selecting a sub par group?

Reply #714190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure which girls are trialling, but if it is most of last years U18's, they are far from a sub par group.

Reply #714193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The women's coach wasn't so happy with the turn out so hasn't picked the team yet

Reply #714194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Incorrect... the team has been announced

Reply #714591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to see the team , Where is it ??

Reply #714618 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Maybe it's because it's all a joke and when someone of the calibre of joey wrights daughter doesn't get picked for u18 last year i am sure she didn't bother trialling this year. crock of crap.

Reply #714777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

State is overrated

Reply #714778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Willie - sorry Anon.
Haven't seen you involved with the state programs. Should do what the South JDO is doing by getting his girls into squads, whether they deserve it or not. That’s how it works Willie - sorry again - Anon.

Reply #714792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Willie was s state assistant coach in 2013.

Reply #714798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the cost involved to attend is off putting.... if it's the same as a few years ago and cost minimum of $2500. By u20 girls start declining in the desire to play at that level and with cost of attending, maybe parents don’t see it as feasible. Just a thought.

Reply #714802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I give credit to the South JCD. Is getting results in that his kids are getting into the higher levels. Maybe that is the measure of how successful a JCD is going.
If a superstar kid misses out on a gig, obviously not getting the support necessary, or, just not a superstar. As opposed to the average kid with the right connections getting a gig- which happens I believe, at all levels in Aus basketball.
As for U20 girls. The team picks itself. The girls work out really quickly if they are good enough. Boys - not so smart.

Reply #714822 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

Hard to discuss where this thread has gone due to the age of the girls.
For joeys daughter last year, she was pretty unlucky from what I saw, but it's not like that was an easy team to crack. She probably could have grabbed the last guard spot but there were some quality guards in the mix.
On the South Dickel comment of girls getting in whether they deserve it or not. On current form, you could just as easily argue other teams are over represented, eg South are currently top and Sturt with 5 girls in the State squad are 1-2.

There are always surprise selections every year and it's often due to positional weakness in the squad. There are a few girls this year that are very unlucky not to have made the cut.

Reply #715098 | Report this post

Bogus  
Years ago

So anon,

I guess Joeys daughter was taking her teams to the finals.

Thats right. She didnt cause there were other better players.

Reply #715132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The teams out.
Definitely not a sub par group. Looking forward to seeing the 2 best pg's of their time playing together.
Congrats girls.

Reply #716136 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Firstly, i wrote the comment about Ms Wright and last time i looked there is no peen dangling between my legs and i stand at about 5"8 not 6"8. She was robbed. I do not agree that Dickel has pushed his girls in unworthily however. there is huge female talent coming out of South now.

Reply #716178 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

From a couple of comments above. Definitely agree about the two pgs picked together as they are guns with very different styles. Heavily first year oriented and two very unlucky girls as reserves imo. This team should perform really well. Good luck.

Reply #716641 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:48 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754