D2.0
Years ago

Clint Steindl

Had a great game last week, and was also pretty useful tonight. Hit a couple of big buckets and grabbed 6 boards.

But, is it just me, or do the Cats look a lot better when they play him at the 3, rather than 2?

Similarly, they need to stick to playing Hire at the 4, and stop this nonsense of pretending he can play 3 in the modern game.

Topic #44254 | Report this topic

J  
Years ago

Steindl can play either, bullets were far to worried about him, created more space for cotton than I've ever seen. Hire can survive at the three, but don't make him guard full court, as he says, no fast twitch fibres

Reply #715021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well he's a SF/SG, so yeah...

Reply #715023 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I think back in the day, sure.

But if you look at the starting line-ups of most teams, including the Cats (or at least their notional starting line-up) then their backups don't make sense.
Steindl is far more like White than Cotton.
Hire is nothing like white or any of the other SFs. He's far more effective inside.

And whilst I'm at it, can somebody please tell vague he's not a SG.
He's actually very strong under the bucket, but loses confidence when he keeps bombing and missing from long range.

Reply #715025 | Report this post

yeet  
Years ago

i like clint steindl

Reply #715421 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Oh my man, come on down.

Damn I wish I'd put him in my fantasy team. Match winner again today

Reply #715708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pretty good for a guy you kept bagging out relentlessly and wanting to cut

Reply #715714 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

How can he be your man if you don't have him in your team?

He's been my favorite player for years so it's great seeing some reward for sticking with him through his down periods.

He's absolutely cooking right now and I hope he can keep this form going.

It might be worth putting $10 on him for 6th man of the year

Reply #715734 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"How can he be your man..."

#nohomo

Reply #715740 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Where did I ever say I wanted him cut?
I was about the only one defending him in the off-season at least saying I hoped he came good.
Worst I said, in applauding his last great game, was that I had previously given up hope.

And I've said we needed more depth in the backcourt, and oh wow, look what happened.

Reply #716096 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:00 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754