'
Years ago

St Clair

I have nothing to do with Woodville / Magic etc just have some questions about St Clair.

It is 4 courts y/n ?

Will all 4 courts be used for basketball Fri night / Sat morning?

With west having so many teams - I take it overflow home games that can not be scheduled at the Port will head to St Clair.

Is both Western and Woodville based from St Clair ?

Surely with these new stadiums popping up the clubs will be bidding for Nationals ?

Topic #44328 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Six courts. Magic out of Parks until Woodville kicked out within months.

Reply #717572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wwodville kicked out of st clair? why??

Reply #717575 | Report this post

'  
Years ago

please just the facts no nonsense - so 6 courts - will all be used for club basketball ?

Reply #717582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YMCA have already warned them of the consequences of missed payments. Not kicking around.

Reply #717584 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So already the shit stirring has begun. Why not celebrate a club gaining access to a 6 court stadium and the benefits to the community.aresholes like you are why social.media is a den for negativity. North and maves next to be flogged pity help basketball in adelaide having new venues. I not even sure why I bother replying.

Reply #717586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to hurt your Warrior feelings with some facts.

Reply #717587 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not a Warrior. So you have inside knowledge. Perhaps you can fix states economy. You must be a very special person. So if don't pay a bill dire consequences. That's deep. Reckon gas water and power companies could use that strategy. Dire meaning pay extra.

Reply #717588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you okay mate. Just passing on what the company that Warriors hire from have told them.

Reply #717591 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So tell us more. Obviously you involved with that company. Last thing basketball needs is another bailout.

Reply #717593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What more do you need to know? Thought I'd covered it all.

Reply #717599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never seen so many sentences with so few words.
But will this be a problem going forward, can a small club afford the court hire? Will fees go up to cover costs, will the younger girls have to pay fees.

Reply #717600 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Don't understand. Weren't Woodville paying for courts before. What has changed.

Reply #717601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New management.

Reply #717602 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Haven't Woodvilkw been out of St Clair for a year.or more. So of course new management of St Clair. It's a new facility. That pretty ground breaking news.

Reply #717607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And this management has already told the club they won't put up with late payments, unlike the last group. What is not getting through your skull.

Reply #717609 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

But Woodville haven't been in the facility for over a year. How can new management make such a comment. Who are they referring to.

Reply #717611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't think Woodville and YMCA haven’t been in communication at all?

Reply #717613 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I am lost. Aren't you commenting on old management and new management sharing info. Yes I would this new management of any facility would communication with tenants. Would seem fair that bills have due by date . An I very slow I still don't get what you are saying. Aside from communication between 2 parties. I have same arrange with my bank over my mortgage. They communicate. I
Communicate. We agree pay on time or pay more. Hardly a new concept.

Reply #717618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure where we’re stuck here. YMCA have warned Woodville that late payments won’t be tolerated. That’s all. Yes they haven’t had bills for the last year while at the Parks, you are correct.

Reply #717622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville have never been at the parks , magic are at the parks

Reply #717625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought they were sharing for some reason. My bad.

Reply #717626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's no secret that Woodville was afforded a massive amount of leniency in the past in regards to late payments

what IS going to be interesting is if this pattern continues, will YMCA foot the bill or will BSA once again rush to their aid?

Reply #717632 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

25TH is the grand opening by council, cant wait to walk around to see how it looks.

Reply #718048 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I seem to recall one time ago on tv news - the one millionth person going into the old st clair . So , a lotta interest ...

Reply #718075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone go to the tours today?

Reply #718948 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yes.

Reply #718994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good chat

Reply #718997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumour is that the management of St Clair have told BasketballSA that they are not allowed to run any competitions in their stadium.
As a result of this there will be no Premier League at the Stadium.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
If so such a waste

Reply #719055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what I understand they can't run a social program as YMCA wants to run it themselves.

Reply #719067 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It's a basketball stadium. What are you people on. Why wouldn't basketball be played there.

Reply #719177 | Report this post

'  
Years ago

what happened to the Jarrah floor that thing has outlasted Moses

Reply #719179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's not a basketball stadium. It's a multi sport council recreation centre. Basketball will only get courts as long as YMCA and council make money from basketball. otherwise it will be filled with rollerskating, netball, volleyball, gymnastic

Reply #719180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Woodville eff it up(likely) would there be a chance West swoop in and take it over. Would that be another nail in coffin?

Reply #719181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West were going to bid but didn't have the money is a rumour I've heard but have no idea is true.

Reply #719199 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yawn.

Reply #719203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West are ready let me tell you that.

Reply #719212 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

One post says west has no money.other says are ready... aren't west looking at joint venture with a school... west also have strong affinity with port stadium. Good luck to all clubs basketball needs more venues not shit stirrers no- alls. Hoping south get airport venue actioned. North on track fantastic complex. Mega club building

Reply #719229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West would be quite happy to amalgamate with Woodville, as long as they are happy to be called the West Adelaide Bearcats.

Reply #719235 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Northhappy to accommodate both. Even include red in our colours and splash of white to show we are neutral and eager include both.

Reply #719252 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Heard west getting new floors. Recent painting. Upgraded seating. So they aren't going anywhere. Has great feel. Bar and canteen is cash cow. Have carnival. West aren't struggling for money.

Reply #719265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's still a shithole, no matter how many 60 year old cinema seats you put in.

Reply #719271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No it's not, has the best PL game atmosphere in the comp.

Reply #719284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has great atmosphere, but it is a shithole

Reply #719292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One full sized court and fans that chuck bottles on the courts. Can't believe people don't rate the place.

Reply #719293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bottles, really? When did that happen?

Reply #719294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some West feral threw a pint glass at Nathan Hawkes when North visited this year, smashing at his feet on the bench and cutting the teams manageress who was sitting next to him during warm-ups.
Any other incidents with glasses or bottles coming from that balcony?

Reply #719310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another during a women's game against North this season.

Reply #719311 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

West have too much traditional to have atmosphere disrupted by ferals...
Is this another granny tale with mayo. Never witness poor behavior at west. South boys can create interesting atmosphere if waiting bit of unrest.

Reply #719321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a load of BS. Threw a pint glass from the balcony at the coach....yeah riiiiight. Dickhead.

Reply #719325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The glass hitting the bench during warm ups and the incident during the women's game on the same night absolutely happened sorry, whether you can believe it or not.
That's why I asked if there had been other incidents from the balcony as someone had mentioned throwing bottles onto the court?

Reply #719327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask Jo Hill if it happened.

Reply #719330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A glass was accidentally knocked off the balcony for crying out loud!

Reply #719334 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Now that seems far more believable. As always those who just trying to be smart arses. Easy to be that for some.

Reply #719338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Twice*

Reply #719339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like a massive occ health and safety issue, imagine if someone had been seriously injured. What numbnut has a glass near the edge of the balcony.

Reply #719385 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Simple no alcohol allowed in the balcony area.

Reply #719387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed. Empty pint glasses only in the balcony area.

Reply #719389 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Jaffas and pop corn.

Reply #719390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two incidents on the same night with Hill and Hawkes targeted and West hierarchy having to intervene. Sounds more like alcohol influenced than "accidents" to me.

Reply #719404 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Get real. Conspiracy theory. Why has this major problem taken you months to bring to the attention of the western world. Stop your negativity. Go have a few drinks and get cheerful. Throwing objects at people very serious accusations or Object accidentally falling.

Reply #719409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conspiracy theory that two teams saw happen. Okay champion.

Reply #719410 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Conspiracy theory, ha. It happened, probably only raised now as people were talking about inappropriate behaviors from the rafters at Pt Adelaide I would guess.

Reply #719413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Throwing a glass at a coach from a balcony is a very serious criminal offence. Would've expected police to be involved if it did happen. Strange it has never been mentioned previously, so suspect all piss and wind from North supporters.

Reply #719427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes all made up, you're right. West fans probably thinking Jo more in the wrong for squirting a bloke with water than the guy was for abusing her.

Reply #719433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone have any idea when the Christmas Carnival fixture will be released?? Getting very late.

Reply #721721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask Woodville.

Reply #721722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They reckon today, but no chance. Pretty disappointing to see they think merchandise that no-one will buy is more important than getting the games organised.

Reply #721723 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Moronic comment. Carnival fixtures are always difficult to finalise and release. Not unreasonable not out with rest of week to go. Headed to Melbourne before with fixtures not confirmed. Surprising BSA not getting accolades for rest of season organised. That's right can only be negative... try organising a chook raffle to gain some knowledge.

Reply #721736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How exactly are they difficult to finalize and release? The cut-off date for fees to be paid was a week ago, so they've known exactly how many teams are entered and courts required for a while now. If it's taking them more than a couple of hours manually then they should have set the cut-off date earlier or used software to produce the fixtures.

Reply #721741 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Really that easy is it. So why do bsa take so long. Why do so many carnivals take so long. Methink you are just stirring. Maybe they been wanting for you to remind them to get sorted. Your call to action might do the trick.

Reply #721742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think it's acceptable four days out not to know when you’re playing that’s great. Never happened before with this carnival. Woodville stuffing something up, who would have thought.

Reply #721744 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hit a raw nerve have we. Unacceptable is ramping at hospitals.power blackouts and petrol price hikes are unacceptable. Basketball draw not out non issue on a Monday.

Reply #721754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is really unacceptable is that no one has ever king hit you in the back of the skull

Reply #721765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"So why do bsa take so long."

You either have no clue if you're using BSA's misadventures to justify your argument, or you're trolling.

By your logic, tournaments like Eltham-Dandenong (literally 5+ times the size of St Clair Carnival) would release their fixtures a few hours before games began.

"Maybe they been wanting for you to remind them to get sorted. Your call to action might do the trick."

One would hope that reasonable, negative feedback from their stakeholders would be heard and taken on board. Time will tell.

Reply #721875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YMCA don't like BSA along with a long list of organisations, hearing that PL games are on the line of not being at the stadium.

YMCA does not want BSA in any of their venues and were mad to have woodville as a condition of tender so any chance to get rid of them they will jump at.

Also West have been knocking at the door to get in and have a bigger pull so maybe the days of Woodville are numbered unless they pull a finger out and start producing competitive teams

Reply #721879 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Omg stop being a h8r

Reply #721882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad to see that Vera was able to run that club like a well oiled machine for years compared to nuthouse it is now with god knows how much is being paid for staff. People used to whinge about Lyn as well, how's the girls program looking now without her tireless efforts.

Reply #721901 | Report this post

'  
Years ago

How about someone saying something positive ? - a new stadium and a popular carnival about to be played. Everyone reaps what they sow.

Reply #721911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West alreay training at St Clair a little birdie told me. And paid 6 months in advance to show YMCA that they pay their bills.

Reply #721923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you need to listed to different little birdies

Reply #721937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see the new floors at the port are genuine hardwood and not kitchen laminate like St Clair.

Reply #732724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah not sure how actual floors weren't higher on the "things to buy before we run out of money" list

Reply #732728 | Report this post

Bijan Mundine  
Years ago

I have good knowledge that the port courts were cheaper to do then the concrete lino at St Clair, what idiot was in charge of that decision for St Clair?

Reply #732764 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

Death,taxes and BSA/Councils making shit stadiums.

The three certainties in life.

Let's spend millions on the structure and go El Cheapo on the playing surface-said no-one EVER.

Reply #732765 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754