Watto
Years ago

Webster trying to untie Norton's shoelace

This is from Sunday's game. It looks like Corey Webster is trying to undo Mitch Norton's shoelace.

Topic #44372 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe in the NBA players have been T'd up for this?

It's humorous when the two players have an existing friendship/rapport but when it's done because your team is choking and were up 16 points against a team missing their league's best defensive player and league MVP and are so undisciplined they lead the league in most fouls committed a game and just lost to the same time in overtime at home after their opposition travelled 8+ hours, it's a bit unsportsmanlike.

Reply #719241 | Report this post

Watto  
Years ago

This was in the second quarter with 1:34 left to play. I think NZ was up by 16 or so at the time

Reply #719244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems Braswell has got much bigger issues than what the refs are doing.

Reply #719245 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Haha slow news day? And lol at the people above actually treating this as an issue

Reply #719247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not an issue in isolation, but its an issue when combined with a number of undisciplined things that the Breakers are doing, all while the coach is blaming the refs for their woes.

Reply #719248 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Far from a big deal, but still pretty poor form IMO

Reply #719258 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

pretty funny.

Reply #719263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton was standing on his foot and it was a natural reaction. Just ask Draymond Green and Nathan Sobey

Reply #719281 | Report this post

Rabbit70  
Years ago

Cheater off court, cheater on court.

Reply #719289 | Report this post

Food for thought  
Years ago

Not sure how you can call it a "no issue". Wiley got sent out for saying words, while Webster is here untying shoes which could potentially lead to dangerous slips and injuries.

Reply #719296 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

haha you guys can't be serious hahahaha. Slips and injuries.

Reply #719298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a huge deal since no damage was done, but at the same time pretty poor form and bad sportsmanship. Small chance Norton could have hurt himself.

Reply #719301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He could have broken his nick!

Reply #719302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He playfully fiddles with his shoelace. He hardly tries to untie it. It's called gamesmanship. Get a grip you muppets. And to the guy bringing up the Sobey kick, what is Sobey supposed to do when Andersen is standing on his foot/ankle? Just leave his leg there till he gets off?

Reply #719304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you're playfully fiddling with something.

Reply #719305 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

It's a real non iss shoe.

Reply #719308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he was helping Norton tie his shoelaces.

Reply #719309 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

possibly thought he was adjusting his own, perhaps. I mean both sets of laces were pretty close, eh!?

Reply #719316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's amazing how a thread about New Zealand and Perth immediately gets hijacked and made to be about Adelaide. I guess when you get smashed by Illawarra it is a slow news week.

Reply #719328 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Looks like just a bit of fun Norton didn't seem to take offence at all.

Reply #719331 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Webster is just GOOFING off

Reply #719333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a cheeky one that Webster. Good on him. Don't try it in Wollongong though or else it would be a double tech.

Reply #719337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't do it to Sobey or Drmic either because they will flail so hard you'll be called for a shooting foul. And when someone points this out, you'll be told that you have to learn to play better defense.

Reply #719342 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I'm sure that’s been done before in Harlem Globetrotters’ games.

Reply #719353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should have been ejected from the game for that, but the refs are so biased against Perf

Reply #719362 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think it's genius, i mean its natural instincts that when someone touches your shoe you think about it as you're running down the court and could be slightly distracted,

A few of us in the crowd got a chuckle out of it

Reply #719400 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:26 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754