Mervan
Years ago

Wiley = Trimmingham

Bit old school

Does Wiley remind anyone of Leon

Maybe Wiley less vertical but better outside shot?

Similar height?

Looking forward to everyone's take

Topic #44392 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #719947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I used to watch the Kings a lot back in the day and agree they have a lot of similarities. I noticed it in the Adelaide vs Cairns game.
Both extremely explosive and mobile with decent size and similar skills

Reply #719948 | Report this post

Mervan  
Years ago

Oops bad topic

I didn't mean to say they were equal players

Just that they have similarities

Reply #719952 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Wiley is way better at flexing and pointing to his muscle.

Reply #719953 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Trimmingham was a better player but I thought the same exact thing last game watching Wiley how much he reminds me of Trimmingham.

Reply #719967 | Report this post

jimjimthedogboy  
Years ago

Have to check out Wiley now. Loved Trimmingham's game. Does Wiley have the fade from the low post?

Reply #719968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leon wasn't a dickhead though.

Reply #719969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wiley = Carrera

Reply #719975 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Trimmingham is significantly better I think than Wiley.

Reply #719981 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Defensively, yes

Reply #719982 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great comparison! Similar strengths and limitations offensively, although Wiley definitely has better range at the same point of their careers. Similar disdain for the rim though.

Reply #719994 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

For mine, Trimmingham the more atheletic, Wiley, the stronger but both finish at the rim similarly.

Reply #720009 | Report this post

lukn4atitle  
Years ago

My memory of Trimmingham was when playing aside Rick Brunson on a fast break Brunson wound intentionally bounce the ball on the rim on a fast break with Trimmingham right behind jumping and dunking the ball. This was done on several occasions and the crowd loved it .He had an amazing jump . Wiley better alround player but the game has evolved . Big players like Wiley handle the ball much better , more versatile .Also defence has improved considerably .

Reply #720021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way at all.

Reply #720067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neon Leon was far more athletic.

Reply #720092 | Report this post

EagleCat9  
Years ago

Shows my age but I still have a framed poster of Trimmingham in my house. (Spare room)

Reply #720098 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Trimmingham was right around the era I started coming to Kings games regularly so I'm as big a fan of his as anyone else, but would an uber-athlete from Briar Cliff University do as well in today's NBL? Not to disparage one of my favourite players when growing up, but agree with some of the comments above - it's a different game today. Wiley is maybe the modern equivalent of a guy like Trimmingham "back in the day".

Reply #720223 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Ah.... NO. Neon Trimmingham tomahawk - 10 times better player, without flexing and screaming every time. Now Froling copies him and flexes and screams on every lay-up.

Reply #720537 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754