Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL Round 12

Fri 7:00 - Canberra vs Townsville
Fri 6:30 - Perth vs Dandenong

Sat 3:00 - Bendigo vs Melbourne (Live on SBS & Fox Sports)

Sun 11:30 - Adelaide vs Perth
Sun 2:00 - Sydney vs Townsville
Sun 3:00 - Dandenong vs Canberra

Topic #44526 | Report this topic

LF  
Years ago

Any updates on Pedersen?

Reply #724881 | Report this post

Aussiedownunder  
Years ago

Is Batkovic out tonight?

Reply #724883 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Yes, she's out, Aussie.

Sounded probable about Pederson, as she was touch & go when withdrawn against Melb but I won't be convinced until she's listed.

Reply #724885 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Big 150 games at Perth for Farnsworth. Great loyalty.

No streams again this weekend. It looks like fox are focusing them on WBBL which is a shame (should do both). Can't get over Melbourne being on TV more than half the time (8/15 rounds). Adelaide are only shown twice this season.

Reply #724886 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Melbourne got most of the TV ganes last year too I believe.

Blicavs is earmarked for just one game again, so I'd guess that will be the home game Sunday and not in Perth tonight.

Reply #724887 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I wonder what the Rangers' thinking would be re. Blicavs if she's limited to one game.
Personally I'd be using her tonight if I were them. This is the more winnable game for them IMO, so they should put everything into it. Plus her playing would reduce the load on the front court, keeping them hopefully a little fresher for Sunday. Also, inflicting a loss on Perth would help Dandenong's playoff hopes too - both in terms of record and head-to-head series tie-breaker, whereas Canberra are likely to finish top 2 regardless.

Reply #724888 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Kia Nurse hasn't really got into this game yet (near QT)

Reply #724890 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

She's giving the Fire quite a Whitcombing atm

Reply #724891 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Lol. She's having a great game. Unlike that no name Griffin.

Reply #724894 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

She mite get fifty ... Nurse that is ...

Reply #724895 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

First time in a while Garbin has managed double figures, so that's something I suppose.

Nurse sleeping now with this huge lead.

Reply #724899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on Wallace?

Reply #724900 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Perth really shouldn't be tied at halfway at home to Dandenong. Need Taylor to get on a hot run and a few others to offer shooting too. Lack of depth showing.

Reply #724910 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Both teams playing pretty well IMO. Will be interesting to see who can maintain it.

Reply #724911 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Watching Jarry this season is just like watching Matt Knight last season. Any hitting the floor or high contact is a real concern. She's currently sidelined after a knock to the head. Fingers crossed...

Reply #724912 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

That's more like it, well done Perth. Rangers faded towards the end.

Hope Jarry is ok, she had some sort of knock last game too.

Reply #724914 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Following tonight's games all eight teams have now played 16-games each. Useless information but simply could not go unmentioned.

Reply #724915 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

... considering you rarely see that during the course of a season.

Reply #724916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watching Jarry this season is just like watching Matt Knight last season. Any hitting the floor or high contact is a real concern. She's currently sidelined after a knock to the head. Fingers crossed...

Jarry is a liability, how she's still permitted to play is seriously a mystery.
She goes down most games .

Rangers will continue to fade while they don’t utilise their bench, what was with the 35sec Roberts played.
And no Todhunter

Reply #724917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wallace, another acl. Wish her the best in her recovery.

No chance of making any of next years games...
Wnbl, Asia cup hopes and possibly olympic dream shattered.

Reply #724918 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Rangers will continue to fade while they don't utilise their bench, what was with the 35sec Roberts played.

Yeah, strange not to use her IMO. Especially against us. Playing a short rotation in Perth is not ideal.
Lynx looked more like their early season selves tonight. Not back at their best, but several steps up from the past few weeks.
Heck of a game by Laney, and she had a decent spread of helpers, but teams can't be coming here and losing both the rebounding battle and the possessions/turnovers battle and expect to still out-score us. Well... not unless they make us take far tougher shots than we were being allowed tonight anyway.
Glad to see Jarry make it back onto the court after the knock. I hope it means she wasn't feeling any lingering effects.

Jarry is a liability, how she's still permitted to play is seriously a mystery.
She goes down most games .

Liability is clearly not true. She's still an integral part of their rotation, especially while Blicavs is out. It's her long term health that worries me, not her ability on the court.

Reply #724921 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Following tonight's games all eight teams have now played 16-games each. Useless information but simply could not go unmentioned.

... considering you rarely see that during the course of a season.

Nice stat.

Check out the top three:

1. Canberra Capitals 16 11 5 1,322:1,172 68.75%
2. Melbourne Boomers 16 11 5 1,260:1,154 68.75%
3. Perth Lynx 16 11 5 1,306:1,258 68.75%

Reply #724924 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

1. Canberra Capitals 16 11 5 1,322:1,172 68.75% 112.80%
2. Melbourne Boomers 16 11 5 1,260:1,154 68.75% 109.19%
3. Perth Lynx 16 11 5 1,306:1,258 68.75% 103.82%

Reply #724925 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Liability is clearly not true. She's still an integral part of their rotation, especially while Blicavs is out. It's her long term health that worries me, not her ability on the court.

It's not her playing liability that’s cause for concern, it’s her continuous injury list and constant inability to stay on her feet that’s the liability to her health

Very sad for Wallace a second ACL.... if it was football her career would have been over after the first in most cases, but didn’t Kristy Harrower have four knee recos?

Reply #724948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wallace should not play next season either.
Give it 13-14 months recovery.

No doubt she wants to play in Tokyo and for her todo that she would have to have a great 2019/2020 wnbl season. I'm not sure it's a good idea.

Reply #724949 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Boti Nagy ' It's the end for Batkovic.'

Reply #724952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but didn't Kristy Harrower have four knee recos?

Not even one

Reply #724975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo's shooting has been quite disgraceful.

Reply #724990 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Dendigo, 3 pts up, 5.4 seconds to go, only have 1 foul in the final quarter, can foul 2-3 times before Melbourne being put to the line, ball inbounts from backcourt directly to melbourne's best 3 point shooter, who dribbles with single mediocre coverage ( and no screens) over the halfway line to within 3m of 3point line and puts it up without a defensive player within arms reach the entire time.

very very frustrating to watch.

Reply #725003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harrower had at least one knee reco

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/mature-harrower-earns-respect-20020324-gdu2oh.html

Reply #725004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kristy had an Achilles injury and ankle injury .........has anyone actually come back from multiple acl injuries ?

Reply #725006 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Poor Jenna O'Hea.

There may be a protest over a scoring error in the 4th quarter, would be a pretty bad look if that is the case.

Reply #725007 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Why have I just gone to watch my SBS recording of the Bendigo game and only got a blank screen?

Reply #725008 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Well, Bendigo certainly did make the most of that! LA15 buzzer beater to send it to OT. It really is between her and Griffin for MVP this year.

Reply #725010 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Boti could stand to meet the Oxford comma. From how I read his article he's talking about how Townsvilles finals chances are gone after this round, not anything to do with Batkovic not playing again this season, which would be huge news if true. It's my guess they're not risking her to try and get her back for the end of season.

Reply #725014 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hope the Lynx enjoy this tip-off time more than I do!

Bendigo must be spewing about yesterday's outcome. Such a gutsy effort to get that lead, which should have been match-winning. Amazing that there was no one out there aware of the team fouls situation. That's pretty fundamental.
Melbourne continue to play well below their talent level.

Regarding knee injuries, Tully Bevilaqua did her ACL twice and still had a great career so it's possible.

Reply #725060 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well, it's a loss for the Lynx but one I'm not unhappy with.
Effectively a 9am start for us in Adelaide after playing a tough game on Friday night, we competed well on the boards and kept it close until the final minute against a form team that was fresh.

Another good result for Adelaide though, and that gives them the series tie-breaker over Perth. They should be setting their sights on the top 2 now.

Reply #725071 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Yes, the early start something that possibly could have taken the edge off Perth.

I think Kia Nurse is having trouble adjusting to this league.

Reply #725106 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Rangers are gorn for the season.Put Blicavs on ice for the rest of the season and give the benchies their head to see how they perform for next season.

Reply #725122 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Jeeeeesus ... 30-68 in Dandenong with a Q still to play. Embarrassment.

Reply #725127 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

And the fact that Blicavs didn't suit up today pretty much confirms setback rather than just precaution, which sucks too. Hopefully just minor.

Reply #725130 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The heat will start now on whether Anderson will keep her job for next season?

Reply #725136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finals looking like

Adelaide v Canberra
Melbourne v Perth

Reply #725149 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Blicavs played didn't she Luc?

Reply #725154 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Both Blicavs played according to LiveStats.

Reply #725157 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

*facepalm* My apologies.
I should probably look at the final Boxscore before speaking hey. Just before tip-off she wasn't listed so I foolishly assumed...

That's good news - especially that she played 18 minutes.
(though that also makes it worse that the Rangers got their arses kicked so hard. Some awful shooting numbers among their list.

Reply #725163 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Clearly the best four teams have made it but shame for the league that the finals are already decided now with three rounds to go (I think only Townsville is a mathematical chance based on winning their H2H against Adelaide but it requires them to win all their games and Adelaide to lose all theirs). Kills any suspense especially after such an open first half to the competition.

@AshT, at this stage Nurse is just stealing MVP votes away from Griffin, handing it to Allen. Wonder if they'll go small for TOTY if Nurse keeps this up, Allen-Cole-Nurse-Taylor-Griffin would all be in with a chance if they go just for best five rather than best fit five.

Reply #725167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The heat will start now on whether Anderson will keep her job for next season?

It was surprising she kept it for this season, think you'll find it will be a clean out for next season and som it needs to be.

Reply #725183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tayla Roberts used to be a beast in the juniors now can hardly get on court.

Reply #725186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rangers havnt had that bad of a season.
Couple of blow out losses but they have been without there best player for most of the season

Reply #725201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simply Put; the Rangers need to get better quality players to match the Top teams.

Reply #725203 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why didnt Anderson look at recruiting another scoring guard like Stacey Barr to complement Cole. She was averaging 20 a game in the last SEABL season. Lavey scored nothing in the game today and Todhunter must be looked at getting phased out of the Rangers WNBL team.

Reply #725204 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

I suspect Lebron James would be an end of bench player too (at best) if he tried to do more than one sport.

Reply #725211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous
A few hours ago

Roberts pulled out of AFLW, ironically due to a "burgeoning" basketball schedule.
https://www.examiner.com.au/story/5703558/roberts-rips-up-aflw-contract/

Oh dear, that didn't go,as planned then did it, hope she finds another club that will actually use her for either a BigV or the new as yet un named team , she needs to move away from Rangers, they certainly haven’t done right by her this season , she’s hardly seen the court

Reply #725252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:38 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754