Anonymous
Years ago

Adelaide Players Have Some Issues

If you watch Adelaide play you can see why people say they have dirty players Teys is by far the worst. Not sure how he even has a job in the NBL. I like watching the up tempo style but Adelaide is a bunch of front runners and most of the players have terrible attitudes and are fake tough guys. Dremic fake tough guy Teys fake tough guy for sure. If they just played and stopped all the attitude they could win it this year. Watch the games they have talent but DJ is moody Sobey is moody when your main guys act like that it's a bad sign. I've watched the other teams as well and the, but no other team is always in the mix for something stupid more so then Adelaide players. I noticed one of the players refused to shake Coach Brass hand after the game and that gives clear insight to the teams mental state. Watch when they play I'm sure coaches have reported Teys before, but he's the worst flopping everywhere he's a danger to the game and himself. I'm not a huge fan of Perth either with how dirty some of they players play as well but they keep playing and show character most games win or loose they shake hands after......

Topic #44576 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I wouldn't call Teys dirty. He just lives by drawing charges which is supremely boring. Great work, you got in the way of someone trying to play basketball...

Drmic is a hothead and it's an unbecoming part of his game. Froling too.

Did you see who didn't shake Braswell's hand or are you going by the TV broadcast which showed him extend a hand, wait and then walk off? I assumed he was waiting for someone to turn around but they didn't notice - camera didn't pick up who. He didn't seem bothered enough to suggest it was unsportsmanlike.

Reply #726046 | Report this post

Cadee  
Years ago

Yeh- In the post game, Long said they like to talk a lot and that motivated the breakers to beat them even more.

For me; the team looks like a bunch of sooks, no mental toughness and a few players who like to chat, but don't axtually have game to back it up. Drmic and Teys are state league players, at best. Doyle should be on my Thursday night social team, and apart from Sobey and Moore, the whole team are mentally soft and crap

Reply #726047 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I agree

Reply #726048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes well summarised by all above, I believe I posted something similar in game thread once, if they could just concentrate on basketball they are a finals team.
Drimic struggled in the seabl last season, that's his level at best.

Reply #726049 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The only player on our roster that isn't NBL standard is Doyle. Teys has actually justified his re-signing this season and no he isn't a dirty player he's a tough player with a limited skill set that knows he's out there to play defence, take charges and commit the hard foul when necessary to stop a run on.

I agree though that the team does carry on like pork chops and I think that is in part them taking on the persona of our coach and also because we know we're limited talent wise and need everyone pumped right up to compete with the more talented teams.

Reply #726053 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I find it interesting that they only have two nbl level players by your standards but before last night they had a 4 game winning streak... what does that say about the other teams?

As for some players being too "moody" I would much rather have players who care about basketball and want to win that badly that they take it to heart compared to some of the sleepy players running through the motions on other teams.

Reply #726060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide are certainly missing Creek!

Reply #726072 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Crowd fund me to punch OP in the face.

Reply #726092 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I agree @ Zodiac.
Teys is a great team man & can knock down the 3 ball with reasonable consistency too. He'd be a valuable asset to any roster.

Reply #726118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drimic in the Dandenong Rangers side was a cancer.

Reply #726119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am not a 36ers supporter or particularly a fan of Drmic, but Re Drmic being "only a state level player" - has it ever occurred that he (& others) only play State League to keep in shape and if I was him or any other nbl player playing state league I wouldn't play hard enough to run the risk of getting an injury and losing my NBL gig.

I am sure if you asked David Barlow, he would agree with what I am saying above. In SEABL he is barely recognisable as to the version of himself running around in the NBL.

Seriously, which gig would pay more - state league or NBL?

IMO, some of you have no idea!

Reply #726121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i actually can't stand the 36ers, i wish there was another team in adelaide to support, they are a bunch of arrogant wankers who really aren't very good basketball players

Reply #726125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac is spot on

Reply #726126 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

The Thirty snitches are whiny and EMBARRASSING and prone to hothead displays, If you carry yourself with a bit of swagger and win championships fair enough, if you swagger around the joint and come fifth the joke is on you.

Reply #726131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The behaviour of the team reflects the personality of the coach.

Reply #726139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lmao you guys all trashing people and teams anonymously. Cowards. Fake tough guys. I bet Drmic Froling and Sobey would crush any of you in a fight!

Reply #726142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll post my ID and home address with my criticisms next time. Retard

Reply #726143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a certain mentality that the players have to adopt in playing the sixers style, fast paced and aggressive. Certain players do act like tools, and some are the same off the court while some are the nicest guys you'd meet. But it's been successful, would you rather have a bunch of nice guys helping players up and saying sorry if they bump a player and have a record like cairns, or play aggressive and win.

Reply #726146 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think that's a false dichotomy.

And that the earlier post about fighting is laughable and something tending to Poe’s Law!

Reply #726149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah #142 criticised anons yet also posts anonymously.
The talk about fighting is 12yo schoolkid stuff.

Reply #726153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drimic is a cancer. Ask Perry.

Reply #726156 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I find it interesting that whenever there is argy bargy we see Majok Deng is always front and center... would be fun to see him fighting and can imagine he'd be like Thon Maker vs Philippines.

Yeah I'm wondering who in this club will actually settle players down and be the voice of reason as leadership from players is sorely lacking

Reply #726174 | Report this post

Agent Oso  
Years ago

I'm with Isaac - winning is great but it’s not everything - I can handle seeing my team lose as long as they are having a fair dincum crack and giving their best all the time.
The hot headedness (Drmic, Froling in particular) is a shit look, the posturing and flexing after every bloody dunk by Wiley makes him very unlikeable, Sobey looking sour & grumpy every time something doesn’t go his way only detracts from the fun in watching someone as talented as him play, and above all the coach who just fuels all of this with the us against them attitude he seems to love has really set the tone for all of this

Adelaide used to be a fun team to watch, free wheeling group of players who had s crack and played with a smile on their face as they were clearly enjoying being out there together. As such they were popular all over the place and date I say it a lot of people’s '2nd team’ , now it seems that starting from the top it’s not fun anymore and that attitude has seen the 6ers become a team that everyone loves to see get beat!

Reply #726178 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Spot on. They just dont appear to be happy and enjoying playing for each other. Froling is that typical big boofhead type. Drimic has a game but needs to control those emotions. Nothing wrong us against the rest attitude be need to be one for all and all for one as core value. Key moments and hot hardiness takes over. Drives decision making. Need right balance. Sixers have the spirit maturity will evolve.at least they have that quality. It hurts to lose. They hurt.

Reply #726180 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

They remind me of what the Aussie cricket team turned into, which is why so many fans turned their backs on cricket and supporting their team.

Reply #726185 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

For the thread opener (haven't read any further yet): I have to agree with the attitude shown by the Adel players, but I also heard Joey say, during a time-out, for his players to put "frowns on your faces". Anyone else hear that?
(now I'll read the rest of the thread)
(read it through)

Seems we (nearly) all agree re the 36'ers on-court behaviour.

Just 1 note. Isaac, you surprised me with your post re:
"He [Teys] just lives by drawing charges which is supremely boring. Great work, you got in the way of someone trying to play basketball...".
Presumably, you're a player and should know that drawing charges, firstly is hard to do, and secondly, aplauded by every coach, team-mate and fan. And commentators and me!

Reply #726186 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

DJ fouled a player who fell to the ground last game and then extended a hand and helped him up...

I think people are just looking for excuses and reasons to hate. For example, there have been posts about Sobeys tattoo's...like really, are we that shallow and pathetic?!

I like that they play with attitude and passion...so long as it is within the rules of the game. Drmic does need to tone it down a little but I can appreciate the fact that he has his team mates backs. Froling I think is being overstated.

Sometimes it is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation...doesn't matter what course of action they take there will be a group of people who don't like it. Ohhhhh tough guy, wants to fight vs what a whimp, wouldn't even stick up for his team mate in that situation.

Reply #726195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobeys pre game wank feat, just get on the bloody court you flog

142 I reckon your employed by the Sixers and don't like criticism

Reply #726209 | Report this post

Agent Oso  
Years ago

Tornado, Ive got no issue with extending a hand to help up an opposition player, Id prefer than standing over them posturing about how big a man you are and muscle flexing as some of our guys are want to do. It doesn't display weakness IMO to show sportsmanship.
Mika Vukona IMO is the epitome of on court toughness, he doesn't have to resort to such BS that we see from some of the Sixers, he commands respect from the way he goes after the ball - hard but fair and never being demeaning of his opponents.

Reply #726225 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

Vukona is the worst at on court BS.

Reply #726233 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Once all is said and done the 36ers are still only 2 wins away from top spot. The 3 teams ahead of them are the biggest spenders in the league and Adelaide has managed to develope a team of young talented locals on a limited budget. A fit Josh Childress and a better officiating performance and they may well have won the title last year as well.

Reply #726283 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

As for Vukona hr has always been a sly, niggly player from what I've seen over the years.

Reply #726451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aniel Johnson is a big problem ... one way player and he and Sobey are sooky little bitches . Drmic and Fro Fro need to channel energy but we need their heart. Joey needs to shut the fark up and lead by example . Teys and Doyle should play no more than 10 minutes per game combined .
We have a lot of players suited to the 6th men role and it shows .

Reply #726807 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:42 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754