RealityCheck
Years ago

Daniel Johnson Fined by Game Review Panel

Disappointing from the Captain...He certainly can be petulant at times.

Topic #44673 | Report this topic

X  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson is a grubby human being. He deserved worse here

Reply #730189 | Report this post

Busterkobe  
Years ago

How is he a grub for wiping Kickerts own blood back onto his shirt? How did it get on DJ in the first place? Kickert wiped it on DJ then ran to the umpire to give him up for the blood rule. Watch the game

Reply #730197 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ fined and teched for wiping Kickert's blood on Kickert. Kickert got a bandaid for getting his blood on DJ. Not as simple as that, but funny how it plays out.

Reply #730206 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Kickert adds to his dodgy track record. DJ shouldn't have bitten back. Always the retaliation that gets pinged.

Reply #730220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Filthy act by DJ. Should have been tossed on the spot, not teched. No place for that in the game. Typical dispicable fans siding with him too, but that is to be expected.

Reply #730238 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't see how wiping someone else's blood back onto their clothing is filthy.

Reply #730266 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Too bad there's no footage of Kickert putting it there. How many games ban/fine is that worth?

Reply #730268 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

I'm still waiting on the reparations from the NBL for wrongfully ejecting Sobey in last year's GF series and Wiley this year against the Illawara Goon Squad.

Is there an ETA on when we can expect the $$$s to arrive in the Sixer's account?

Will the $7k for DJ handing back Kick-hurt McSnitchy's blood be deducted?

Reply #730308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey wasn't wrongly ejected. The issue was he wasn’t the only one. Big difference.

Reply #730310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF? Sobey wrongfully ejected? The dude gets away with more than anyone else in the league. Should be booted more, not less.

What it is with the Sixers and trying to unlawfully extort $$$ from other parties?

Reply #730315 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

People forget how Prather headbutted Sobey first, on camera, right in front of Mayberry earlier in that game and Mayberry just grinned and walked off.

Reply #730336 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A minor infringement. Not the most sporting to wipe someone's blood back on their jersey, but I guess the NBL would say the right thing to do would be:

DJ: I say Kick old boy, you seem to have splattered a bit of the old claret on me
DK: I say, rather poor show of me to do that old cock, would you see it in your heart of hearts to return it to me, that would be splendid.
DJ: Why yes, let me wipe it off of me and here, have it back, you look a little pale old boy, maybe take a Bex and lie down.
DK: Rather, yes, let's hold hands while we walk to our benches to get band aids and new jerseys, then I'll chip in for a pink G&T after the game to show there's no hard feelings.

Reply #730338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't forget that. Good times :)

Reply #730339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"People forget how Prather headbutted Sobey first, on camera, right in front of Mayberry earlier in that game and Mayberry just grinned and walked off."

Probably because he is like most people who watch basketball, and also wants to headbutt Sobey.

Reply #730341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The first headbutt was Wesley. If your going to run a campaign get the particulars correct.

Reply #730344 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Your right. The second headbut was Prather and Sobey just headbutted him back harder. Glad you remember the tainted finals from last year so well.

Reply #730352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's kind of funny that your the one with the hate and vendetta but you have forgotten the details. Makes you look a little pathetic really. If you were so aggrieved you would remember every detail. Must not have been such a big deal after all.

Reply #730354 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

So many dodgy incidents from those finals to remember though. I remember Mayberry was MVP.

Reply #730368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll never forget the ridiculously lopsided foul count on Adelaide's home court. Udog must've forgotten about that.

Reply #730372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Udog is one of the biggest flogs on these forums. The refs were the only reason the series went to 5. Would have been a sweep otherwise, at worst four games.

Reply #730435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Toft is my favorite human being. Ever. Love that guy.

Reply #730437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The calls in game 4 of that finals series were the most one sided I've ever seen. They wanted Adelaide to win so it could go to 5.

Reply #730448 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

I used to spend a fortune on salt, but Hoops has really stepped up in the last few months. My monthly sodium bill has plummeted thanks to the generosity exhibited by the passionate members of this forum.

I love that Sobey is hated. He's doing something right then :D

Reply #730464 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Pete

I run my hoops through the wifi and connect it to the pool pump.

Saves doing a Bunnings run.

Reply #730475 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I'm happy to pay DJ’s fine. We had that game in the bag.

Kickett trying to win a game by wiping his boood on other players and then wanting them taken off for the blood rule.

Once the Ref realised what DJ had done, worth a tech. Worth an ejection until you realise it is Kicketts blood. Should have ejected Kickett once he realised what had actually occurred. Want to play stupid games and not basketball, play them in the change rooms.

Reply #730485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely one of the trainers should have made sure Kickett had enough tampons.

Reply #730488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ acts like a tampon (stuck up see you next tuesday), so kinda fitting there Anon

Reply #730515 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Was Kickert getting blood on DJ accidental or a genuine filthy act?

Reply #730518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Accidental from all reports. The filthy act was from DJ, thus the tech, review and fine.

Reply #730532 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"But your ref will not
Know about that,"
Said the Kicks.
"He will never find out,"
Laughed the Kicks on the Court.
"My $85 First Ever singlet will have
No blood at all
I will rub it right off
On this Deej standing tall."

Reply #730538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754