Udog
Years ago

Joey Wright cast as villain by NBL

Check out Ben Fitzsimons twitter account for this story. Very unprofessional by the NBL.

Topic #44721 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's from a production meeting but it wasn’t actually used? So what’s the story here?

Reply #731872 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

The NBL money making machine. Maybe there's been more going on behind the scenes between Joey and certain people involved with running the NBL. Obviously not the same rules for everyone.

Reply #731877 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It wasn't intended as a tweet. They are planning storylines for their season media angles.

Reply #731878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are they wrong though? Look at Joey and his team's behavior. If they’re telling a narrative they’re just using what Joey gives them

Reply #731880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson can be irritating but give me him over "Joey" any day of the week.

Reply #731881 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If it was never intended as a tweet why does it look exactly like a tweet?

Reply #731883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting, but the 36ers players and coach still did all the things that deservedly got them fines.

It's a huge leap to say the league casting them as the bad guy is the reasoning when they clearly can’t help themselves.

Reply #731884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey certainly lived up to the character. His behaviour caused this, not some tagline from the NBL.

Reply #731886 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

This would be unfair on Joey if he didn't proceed to act like an absolute FLOG anyway, but he did.

Reply #731887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me or is this a massive coincidence after the United game where the little pitball has a tanty and Joey is heard on audio trying to incite it? Maybe i'm Just cynical in my old age.

Reply #731893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one forced Joey to act like a tool during last years finals.

Reply #731894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The 36ers were chosen to be the "us against them team" hence all the fines being issuesd"

This make no sense at all. Ben Fitzwhoever has a funny relationship with the truth at times.

Reply #731895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also anyone with any editing skill could have created that. Until we know the source it's not proof.

And it was never ever released. I would hate to think of all the things written in a workplace as an idea or email but never used or sent.

Reply #731897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its an easy angle for the production staff to use as Joey creates the "Us against them" persona all by himself

Reply #731898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In what way is this unprofessional?

Reply #731899 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Give that man a white fluffy cat to stroke on the sidelines.

Reply #731902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"They are planning storylines for their season media angles."

That part is obvious enough. The league is trying to manufacture rivalries and storylines out of nothing. But to say that them casting Wright as a villain is the reason for all the fines is preposterous.

Reply #731906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps Adelaide could win a championship some time soon?

That would reignite some rivalry with the Wildcats.

Reply #731924 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Real first world problem this is....move on and take a breath.

Reply #731930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously, is there some kind of toxin in Adelaide's water that turns you all into nutjobs?
When you're not murdering people and shoving them in barrels, its just one crackhead conspiracy theory after another.

So now it's an NBL conspiracy that made Joey into a dickhead?

Wright has been an embarrassment for years, and it's hardly surprising his players follow suit. Including crying like a bunch of girls when things don't go their way.

Reply #731933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wright has been an embarrassment for years, and it's hardly surprising his players follow suit. Including crying like a bunch of girls when things don't go their way."

Don't forget their fans!

Reply #731944 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Everyone deserves a fair and equal work place. This shows pettyness and bias. It seems to have started with his frustrations at inept officiating and lack of proper communication to coaches and clubs and has certainly grown over the years. He has done so well developing young blokes rather than poaching talent. He also had less cash to intice players to the club. Adelaide wouldn't be in the top 4 for spending on player salary I'd dare to say. I like how he stands up to the NBL and tells it how it is. I also like the passion from the coach and players as it probably helps them compete against more "stacked", wealthy teams. Unfortunately the passion and frustration has led to some over the top incidents that haven't had great results.

Reply #731948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Everyone deserves a fair and equal work place. "

What are you on about?

Reply #731954 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

No your right. We should all be singled out and victimized.

Reply #731959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't that what Joey does to the refs?

Reply #731960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A couple of good points re spending. Who spends the most? My guess is

Sydney
Melbourne
Perth
NZ
Brisbane
Adelaide
Cairns
Illawarra.

Reply #731961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No your right. We should all be singled out and victimized."

If you keep playing the victim, what do you expect? You're the worst offender.

No one woke up one day and said "lets pick on Joey and the Sixers." Joey has been acting like a twit for years so fans of other clubs would already be put off side, he has a whole bunch of excuses made for him by Boti and Ben Fitz, and the fans jump aboard the pity train and start to believe that the league is out to get them, and all the fines are unfair etc. Its completely embarrassing.

Reply #731962 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Nobody is worried if rival don't like him. A professional organization should try and be professional though. It wasn't just him saying the officials wouldn't talk. Most coaches and quite a few players seem to have been of the same opinion over the years. The NBL moved to silence commentators, coaches and players a while back.

Reply #731979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats that got to do with Joey being painted as the villain?

Reply #731982 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I honestly don't see how that snippet villainises Wright.

It uses the word Villain yes, but it is framed within the context of a (potential) promo, probably one of many iterations of promos.

If he said that "Joey Wright is the NBL's public enemy #1 and all calls are to go against him and the Sixers' then yes we have a story.

Reply #731985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Udog, are you saying that Adelaide acts professionally, or are there different standards when you are on the flip side? Were you under a rock for the last week? The season? Last season? The history of Joey with the franchise?

Reply #731995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JOey has carried on for years and the whole twitter thing sounds like a set up.

Reply #731996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's just a storyline to pump up interest. Like a movie or TV show. It doesn't actually effect the calls in the game.

Reply #732008 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

The issue is it isn't a tv show or movie, it’s a sport. No one should be made to look like a bad guy to others. It’s actually illegal. It does not matter what he does it’s still defamation of character.

Reply #732009 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

The voice of reason has spoken.

Reply #732014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMAO! So I act like a tool, someone calls me a tool, and I am defamed? And that's voice of reason? Are you REALLY that dumb, both of you?

Reply #732016 | Report this post

Anything like this just feeds the fire for Joey to maintain the siege mentality and pass on to the team how everyone is against them and they need to fight against the evil corporation known as the NBL.... Yawn

Reply #732049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaaha it's not defamation you twit!

Reply #732066 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #732104 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #732105 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

I'm not saying that it is because they didn’t run with it. I’m saying it could’ve been.

Reply #732107 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #732110 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #732111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The issue is it isn't a tv show or movie, "

It is, you need people to watch to make money. And people like storylines

Reply #732117 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

and characters.

Reply #732118 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Perthworld

Without a doubt, these are your most valuable contributions to any thread. Loved the Dr Evil.

Reply #732125 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

All those pictures above are fine. They're funny because they come from a rival fan not a professional organization that he has to pay fines to when they rule he is being unprofessional. Who makes these knobs pay fines for being unprofessional?

Reply #732328 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754