Unsportsmanlike
Years ago

NZ Foxtel Coverage is so much better than Aus

Regardless of who you wanted to win or the result the coverage from New Zealand is so much less painful than Australian games:

No commentary on who is going to be 2019 MVP
No mention of how good Bogut has been as an addition to the competition
Commentary team didn't tell an anecdote of a time they played and how they would have been in similar position, yet managed to win.
No cut shots of some kids in the crowd eating a hotdog while the ball is bought up the other end.
No mention of who the commentary team have in there "fantasy" team
Good interviews with both teams players and CEO at end of the game without stupid questions....

I could go on.

Topic #44731 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Team foul count on the screen, yes it's a better coverage.

Reply #732045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better for people who know the game yes. Send in your address so Foxtel can send someone over to read you a bedtime story! And make your tea just the way you like it, and call the game for you just the way you like.

Reply #732074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I completely disagree. They're so biased it’s absolutely painful to watch.

Reply #732100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you see the interviews at the end of today's game? 2 with Melbourne players that dropped out so they couldn’t continue. They also regularly bring up Casey playing. I did enjoy the interview with the NZ owner

Reply #732101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bias of their coverage is a major flaw but that's because its made for Ram rooters

Reply #732162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understand why it's biased - that’s why it’s clearly not the best coverage.

Reply #732163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you heard any Melbourne games?

I can forgive the bias because they know when to be quite and let the game speak for itself. I hate how fox uses a whole bunch of footy guys who tell me every guy who touches the ball. There's only ten guys! Watch an NBA game and learn to be quiet.

Also NZ very rarely shows random supporter during play.

We need a production office who know about screen inserts and pre-recorded interviews

Reply #732165 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754