Anonymous
Years ago

Tasmania team worth "serious" consideration - LK

some good signs for the protective Tasmanian franchise. LK saying it needs some government support to get it over the top

Topic #44865 | Report this topic

AussiePride  
Years ago

Isn't that the same thing that Andrew Demetriou and Gil McLachlan (The Murderer) both said about a Tasmanian AFL side? That was just before and during over 100 Million being spent on the Gold Coast Suns and almost zero dollars on football in Tasmania.

Could Canberra be the Suns of the NBL?

Reply #735218 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Tasmanian Hawks playing out of Hobart with 1 game in Launceston and Devonport. You heard it here first as my name is Lochie Reader.

Reply #735221 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If the $ issues at Wollongong are actually true (being denied), then maybe a relocation to Canberra or Launceston might be on the cards....

Reply #735223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canberra why? Launceston why? NO NBL interest from either location.
Hobart is the key. Perhaps the Huskies should buy the licence and be in the next NBL season with the Phoenix.

Reply #735230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huskies is such a bad name, I protest them coming in just based on that

Reply #735249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh FFS here we go again...

"Huskies should buy the licence" Yeah, as if they have a pot to piss in.

Pretty sure Larry will give them a licence for nothing, IF they have the cash to make it work.
(Which they don't)

But sure, continue on creating the delusional threads.
Keep telling us they'll be in "next year" and eventually you may be right.

Reply #735260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Pretty sure Larry will give them a licence for nothing, IF they have the cash to make it work. (Which they don't)"

Wow what a hateful post. You know they have no money exactly how?

So all the stuff they have purchased and continue to purchase is paid with buttons? Don't go off your meds ever again. They clearly work.

Reply #735281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back page of The Mercury today. Clearly that was a freebie too.

Reply #735288 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

How many buttons would an a advert on the back page of The Mercury cost?

Reply #735294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask the idiot who says the Huskies have no money. 2 massive signs at the Airport as well. Did they pay the Airport in buttons too? Oh did I mention the PAID ad in The mercury as well featuring Harry Froling?

Reply #735305 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's not so much do they have the money, it's do they have the set-up to make it successful, such as a venue and alternate revenue streams (which from what I hear this group hopes to have as the same thing via a multi-use entertainment venue)?

At this point they don't, will be interesting to see if they can make it happen, like most things time will tell.

Reply #735348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO Paul the idiot above said "IF they have the cash to make it work.
(Which they don't)"
They have other revenue streams Paul. Not basketball related at all. The other basketball related stuff was in addition to those existing streams.

Reply #735364 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The individuals have cash, but does the NBL operation have the revenue. Those are two different things when it comes to creating a sustainable club. From what I understand, the revenue streams for the Huskies will be build around their venue and associated businesses, unless something has changed recently.

Reply #735367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Huskies are going to build their own stadium Paul so a lot has changed.
Equally from what I hear the are at least 3 other teams look at the NZBL competition as well. LK is getting a little nervous it seems.
What he's trying to do in Tassie will be interesting to see in the future.

Reply #735513 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I think the NBL clubs need some sort of trust fund situation where there are assets tied to the licence, those assets being non-basketball revenue.

Revenue from stadium etc. to be honest would seem like a key point in their favour. Look at AFL clubs and their alternative revenue streams.

I know clubs have owners instead of membership owned, however i think if they found a way to incorporate outside assets and revenue options that would assist in sustainable clubs.

Reply #735514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It'll take three years to build stadium and associated infrastructures, good luck with that.

Reply #735516 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754