Premier League Round 3 and Power Rankings
Power Rankings (quick version as time is thin this week)
1. North Adelaide - Dominant and already just toying with the weaker opponents.
2. Forestville Eagles - Putting up big numbers on the offensive end.
3. Norwood Flames - Look to have struggled vs weaker opponent on the weekend.
4. West Adelaide Bearcats - Easily accounted for Southern at home.
5. Mt Gambier Pioneers - Week off, will be interesting to see how teams perform in the Mount
6. Central District Lions - Will know more after they play Forestville.
7. Woodville Warriors - Gave up 123 but did manage 98 themselves.
8. Southern Tigers - Awful second half vs West, looking the weakest they have for a few years.
9. Eastern Mavericks - Much improved effort, import combo looks to be a handful.
10. South Adelaide Panthers - Week off, will want to prove they're better than they showed round 1.
11. Sturt Sabres - Still can't get within single digits of anyone.
On to the games...
South vs West
Bearcats took care of business behind solid import production and the steady hand of veterans Spud and Thomas. Nice cameo from Fabian Johnson off the bench. South will have had some time to integrate their new players and coach after a disappointing round 1. Can't see it being enough.
West by 12.
Mount Gambier vs Southern
After splitting their first road double Mt Gambier will look to protect their home court this week. Their starting 5 appears to be among the best in the league with a good mix of youth and experience. Tom Daly could prove a tough matchup for pace. Drmic and Turnage scored 38 between them but at an uncharacteristic 40%. Tigers will need more contributors to challenge this year.
Mt Gambier by 8.
Eastern vs Woodville
Mavs showed their ability to compete with top teams last week but couldn't get over the line. Brandon Morris appears to be a matchup problem for teams with 29 and 15 last week. Woodville couldn't contain the Forestville juggernaught but they won't be alone in that this season. Matchup between the bigs will be critical this game.
Eastern by 2.
Centrals vs Forestville
Great test for Centrals going up against an in form side. Forestville appear too deep for the Lions with them having 6 legitimate threats. Kane De Wit and Michael Harris both had phenomenal games last week, with Harris having 40 and De Wit 16 assists on 0 turnovers.
Forestville by 15.
Norwood vs North
An early season blockbuster with traditional rivals facing off. Neither team has put a foot wrong so far, though North sure have taken care of business in more spectacular fashion. The Flames will struggle to matchup on the Rockets import duo which could be the difference. I know where I'll be Saturday!
North by 9.
West vs Sturt
Sabres get the rest Saturday night but the games don't get any easier for them. West were clinical last week and show signs of being an under the radar contender this year. Sturt show no such signs but they did challenge a half-interested North for 3 quarters last week.
West by 17.