robt
Years ago

Separate Threads For NBL and All Other State Leagues.

I follow NBL, Boomers, NBA (to a lesser extent) and the QBL. I would find this site easier to follow if there were several more general topics such as the above ones. Of course, QBL may go into an All States' Leagues section.

What thoughts from other readers/contributors?

Topic #45187 | Report this topic

robt  
Years ago

By the way,This is not a critism of the site. If I felt that way I wouldn't read or contribute, would I?
If it aint too much trouble, I, for one, would like for that to happen.

Reply #743216 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

You are spot on. Totally agree with you. However the platform this forum uses is very weak.

Hoops needs to use a platform such as FluxBB

Reply #743222 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This is a custom design by isaac who is a web developer so it won't be changed to anything stock standard.

Reply #743236 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Ok! Thanks for replies.

Reply #743250 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

robt - not sure if I've understood you correctly. Are you aware of the topic filters on the site? They let you post/view according to the topic for the post. Does that help with NBA & NBL, which each have their own topic? There's a 'Local' topic that some folks use for local state league state league posts and Boomers posts tend to end up in the International topic.

Not sure if this helps?

Reply #743279 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Thanks PeterJohn (to the rescue, once more). Yeah, I have. Still clunky. Not a problem.

Reply #743291 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Seriously State leagues can be covered by the relevant states basketball forum.

QLD = Ben does

This is SA state based if you couldn't work it out.

Reply #743292 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

I did not know that Hoops is SA based, but it also explains why so much SA news. I can accept that and in fairness, Bendoes is not nearly as expansive as Hoops is, Bendoes is great for QBL/SBL in fact limits itself to that (now).
Thanks, it broadens my views (and everyone else's, I hope). And, as I prev said, no complaints, just an ask.

Reply #743321 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The "Hoops SA" original branding feels like yesterday. Time really flies!

Reply #743323 | Report this post

Rabbit70  
Years ago

Doesn't matter where it is based, it still could be improved upon. The layout isn't great, needs a structure.

Reply #743325 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I'm not sure what the OP's issue is. There are a lot of other state league topics on here. I usually just click on "Latest Action" to get my feed in order.

Yes, Ben Does is a good site for QBL however this site has more input from posters Australia wide.

Reply #743337 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I have found this site clean, clear and concise in the way it is presented. Yes, a simple format can be improved on, but many other forums are just too confusing and for the tech-heads, not us old dinosaurs so I am very happy with everything Isaac has done here!

Reply #743370 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Me..............^

Still can't use it properly though, lol!

Reply #743371 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754