Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Round 11

Power Rankings

1. Norwood Flames
Did it easy against the hapless Sabres. Legan only required for 15 minutes. Some questions over the starting 5 but Moultrie did fine off the bench it seems. Title favourites at the moment.

2. Forestville Eagles
No Majok seems not to have troubled the Eagles with Mays stepping up to fill the void the past couple of weeks. Would be feeling good about where they sit at the moment.

3. Southern Tigers
Have won 7 of their past 8 including now beating the Rockets and Pioneers with only a hiccup at the Flames. Rumours of Drmic having an extended break might derail their season.

4. North Adelaide Rockets
Easily accounted for Woodville on Sunday to show there is a significant gap between the contenders and pretenders. Solid contributions across the board from their starting 5. College kids returning soon to confirm contender status.

5. Mt Gambier Pioneers
Stumbled in the 4th against the Tigers giving up an 18 point lead. Missing a couple of starters their past few weekends they'd feel good about finishing 3-1 but will need them back to genuinely challenge.

6. Central District Lions
5-5 record has them firmly in the mix for finals but will need to find some wins against some of the top teams to get there.

7. West Adelaide Bearcats
Won the return match against Woodville which will no doubt please coach MacLean. 4-6 currently and backs against the walls but I wouldn't rule out a late season finals charge. New import inbound?

8. Woodville Warriors
Kept it close against West but got blown out by North on Sunday in what would have to be a disappointing weekend for Woodville. No Stanbridge through this period has really hurt their chances.

9. South Adelaide
Back to reality pretty quickly with a big loss to Forestville. Could be a long back end of the season once Hoppo leaves.

10. Eastern Mavericks
Couldn't run with Mt Gambier on Sunday, too often it's Morris playing a lone hand.

11. Sturt Sabres
Expectations have dropped so far they're probably satisfied with the result against Norwood. Have to question the direction when it's been promoted as playing juniors all season yet I now see Klaosen suiting up for them. Not sure he's quite the saviour Casella is after.

Sturt vs Forestville
Sabres put up a fight last time but I expect Forestville will be up for the fight in this one. Mays will be too big for them to handle inside.

Eagles by 22.

Mount Gambier vs Eastern
Can't see this one going too differently to the game on Sunday. Will be interesting to see if Mt Gambier have some players returning from injury. Either way it won't matter in this one.

Pioneers by 14.

Woodville vs North
Another matchup two weeks in a row. North proved last week its starting 5 was far too much for the Warriors. Yet again Woodville have proven incapable of having both imports play effectively together. This one will be closer, but not close.

Rockets by 12.

Centrals vs Norwood
As mentioned in the rankings Centrals will need some big scalps to push for the 5 and this would be a great place to start. Norwood have flown along seamlessly since the arrival of Moultrie. I don't think this will be Centrals week, despite their best efforts.

Flames by 13.

West vs South
Bearcats potentially back on track after a win last week and as far off the mark as they seemed are still only a couple of games out of finals contention. South seems like a good place for them to continue with some momentum after they handled them easily early in the season. Truslove has been in vintage form.

Bearcats by 15.

Not too many competitive games by the looks this week. Which team is capable of the upset?

Topic #45194 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs capable of an upset if they play vozzo more

Reply #743391 | Report this post

King of Junk time  
Years ago

Play Vozzo he is so awesome.

Reply #743393 | Report this post

BringbackHugh  
Years ago

I'm sick of all the Vozzo hate/love on these forums. Can we please just discuss the season.

Reply #743394 | Report this post

Phil Mycok  
Years ago

my kids keep asking for vozzo jerseys anyone know where I could get some thanks

Reply #743395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're selling Jordy Wilson towels at the ARC

Reply #743398 | Report this post

Warhurst  
Years ago

I see what you're all saying but I just don’t rate seb vozzo

Reply #743399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South beating West should be the only possible upset, but you never know.

Reply #743400 | Report this post

jason  
Years ago

if your'e going to have a crack at players put your name to the post

Reply #743404 | Report this post

John Smith  
Years ago

Thanks for that Jason. I will make sure to chat with you in person about this.

Reply #743406 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Hey Jason funny we have the same name on jay a coincidence hope to talk soon much love Jason ps play seb more

Reply #743407 | Report this post

Peter mcpeterson  
Years ago

Come on Jason we can't come out and be a hero trying to turn this into a friends club without using your last name too. Unlucky vozzo I mean Jason

Reply #743408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you hillbillies please fuck off and try to refrain from contaminating every PL thread with your Vozzo fantasies. Thanks.

Reply #743413 | Report this post

Peter mcpeterson  
Years ago

Alright everyone Nigel no fun has spoken didn't leave a name tho jason would be angry hope you can cry about your team losing each week now without the vozzo chat. It was a good ride fellas pack her up

Reply #743416 | Report this post

Hugh over Drake  
Years ago

Please guys keep your comments away from players until after the round

Thanks

#bringbackhugh

Reply #743417 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

On the bright side at least the quality of these threads match the quality of the league being discussed.

Reply #743425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the same as WASBL then really

Reply #743426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA PL > SBL in WA.

Reply #743429 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

People were worried that the Pioneers would smash the competition this season. They are putting up good results, but nothing to say they are men playing in a boys competition.

The men's competition is looking good with 5 teams looking good, 3 teams needing to sharpen their pencils, and 3 teams looking forward to next season.

Upsets are ripe for the picking this round

Sturt vs Forestville
Even with home court advantage, not even Master Chef could come up with a home cooking to beat those pesky birds. Eagles will land and land hard. Take the advantage to get some %.

Mount Gambier vs Eastern
Quite agree that the Mavs will be iced.

Woodville vs North
Potential upset. You would expect North to get the chockies, but if things go the Warrior's way, this could the first time Woodville has beaten North since Fraser Anning was egged.

Centrals vs Norwood
You would expect Norwood to have this one in the bag by half time, but pride cometh before a fall. Quite true, The Lions need to maul an opponent like this to have any chance of the final 5, but the Wilson towels will be waving in favour of the Flames.

West vs South
South could get this one, but then again Basketball SA could buy Shed 26 for $2 and convert them to basketball courts resulting in an improved court status for Westies. Sadly for them, West's ship should come in tonight.

Reply #743438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Jack! Not sure the Woodville bigs without Stanbridge will be able to handle the North frontcourt.

Reply #743441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, well well. Three holes in the ground and Mr Toft chipping in on PL action. I like it.

Reply #743442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, pride does come before the fall,

and the elbows, punches and tripping comes before the pride.

Reply #743445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't write that about West so not sure what you’re on about

Reply #743448 | Report this post

Grayson Allen  
Years ago

Sorry I saw something about tripping and thought I should help out... which clubs are tripping people? I am happy to show them a thing or two

Reply #743450 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#743426 & #743429 yes it's shit too.

Reply #743451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard West aren't getting another import. They don’t have the budget to replace one.

Reply #743453 | Report this post

Mr.Worldwide  
Years ago

Don't know who’s better greyson or vozzo where’s Jason at

Reply #743455 | Report this post

Josh  
Years ago

Behaving like twelve year olds is a great advertisement for your league and club.

Reply #743456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder what southern have up their sleeve..

Reply #743457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West are the cleanest gentlemen in the league

Reply #743459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will be once Mr Larson retires

Reply #743461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South men and women to turn their seasons around both starting this week.

Reply #743520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay Jamie

Reply #743524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even Jamie isn't this delusional his team is any good

Reply #743526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jamie might be the more level headed of the two Panther coaches

Reply #743529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both South teams to go down by 15.

Reply #743532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares about South
Just like Mavs
Insignificant with massive top down issues

Reply #743553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I'm looking for a game to go to tonight which is likely to be the best?

Reply #743600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt vs Forestville.

Nik desantis with the full love and support of his friends and family vs the 36ers B team.

Reply #743601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#600. If no affiliation or wish to see 36ers in local action, I think the game to watch would be Norwood V Centrals.

Reply #743605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have affiliation to towels so I can't go to that game

Reply #743613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know why Rashad is assistant coach at forestville? The games I've seen and flicking over to watch stream tonight I don't think I've ever really seen Andy talk to him. Andy doesn't really set uniform standards high with the jorts but Rashad looks like he's popping out to get a litre of milk Sunday morning instead of coaching at the highest level in the state. Hasn't brought in any recruits of note so just wondering why?

Reply #743626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about them LIONS - A Webber ejected??

Reply #743627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tuck coaches reserves, so I guess he's there to keep the bench entertained for the 39 minutes they don’t play.

Reply #743631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vozzo gets half a game and scores 3 points. Gun.

Reply #743632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warriors pulling a Forestville playing an import 20 seconds?

Reply #743634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Webber got ejected good makes himself look silly out there thinks he runs the show at norwood but is doing nothing positive for the club. Hasn't been able to shoot this year looking at the box score each week his numbers this year are terrible. Yes he’s had amazing seasons but maybe his time is running out

Reply #743640 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Warrior import was injured you dick head.

Reply #743641 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not sure if happy times down port way. So.much for all.the south bashing. Lions all.smiles. changing of the guard. Lions are kings.

Reply #743642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So are West officially done for finals? Can south make a run? Will Centrals sneak in?

Reply #743646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South aren't making a run. They've beaten 3 bottom feeders, don't get ahead of yourself.

Rule west out. Way below expectations

Haven't seen any centrals, should really get to a game. Surprise team of the year

Did Perry get injured on the first possession of the game? Serious injury ?

Reply #743647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't all be at the game hero

Reply #743650 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eagles looking the goodies this year. Wondering I'd Andy got any surprises to put beyond any doubt. Majok return be icing for finals. Good prep for nil.

Reply #743657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back sooner than you think

Reply #743658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rios now a citizen so my guess is an import will be getting off the plane this week. Not sure if it's possible rule wise but we all know that’s not an issue for Andy.

Reply #743660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard a couple of rumours.... sounds like West are reconsidering their decision to take Thomas over Vozzo. Wouldn't be surprised if Corey offers vozzo the imports salary. Don’t blame him at all.

Vozzo has an insane upside.... savvy passer, unlimited range, out of the gym athletisim and great leader it’s a no brainer.

Reply #743662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Webber averaging 9 ppg, 6 apg, 4 rpg shooting at 30% and 29% from 3.

Reply #743663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rios isn't a citizen

Reply #743664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard he is also as of this week

Reply #743665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time a couple of Webbers were permanently ejected?

Reply #743666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couple of injuries for Eastern early in last nights 50 point loss to the Pioneers. Tough road trip for the Mavs.

Reply #743668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perry or Morris likely to be long term injuries?

Reply #743670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Riewer for Centrals was on fire last night, 10-10 from the field and 8-8 from 3. Centrals could sneak in if they can find a way to contiune to play well and win a few road games. Very young team with a lot of athletic ability. Fun to watch

Reply #743671 | Report this post

Fastbreak  
Years ago

Pioneers will be tough to beat when they get Sam Daly and Erik Burdon back on the court. The women's team could sneak into the playoffs also with Amanda Frost showing she is the league MVP last night with nearly a triple double carrying her team too a win.

Reply #743676 | Report this post

Kryten  
Years ago

3 week break perfect timing for Southern, Lady Luck smiling on Dean

Reply #743680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do Mount Gambier get any spectators come with them when they travel

Reply #743684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't call losing their 36er a lucky break!

Reply #743688 | Report this post

Susan Boyle  
Years ago

Forestville are not looking the "goodies" #657 any team giving Cameron bell minutes are 100% not looking goodies

Reply #743738 | Report this post

Annonn  
Years ago

West choked big time.

Reply #743741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or some would say they are looking the "goodies" if they're playing well enough to allow bench players like Cameron Bell to play some minutes and develop.

Reply #743744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top four is done, just jostling for positions now.
Eagles, Flames, Rockets and Pioneers.
Tigers and Lions to fight it out for fifth spot.

Reply #743745 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So west choked. Lets give credit to south on getting the job done. Rewarded for effort.

Reply #743746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why or how are West so bad? From something to really nothing very quickly as there is no way that Petty outcoached Corey and West has a much better roster than South.

Player attitudes, discipline, no chemistry or just the wrong mix??? I don't think blaming Kubank everytime something is wrong is quite correct either. Trouble in Bearcat land big time.

Reply #743747 | Report this post

Steve novak  
Years ago

Cameron Bell is too small he can't even make layups during reserves. *does Novak belt then leaves*

Reply #743748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have North locked in but not Tigers even though they have 1 more loss? Why is that? Tigers also I think are 2-0 against Centrals already.

Reply #743754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have North locked in over Tigers for two reasons.
They are now winning and are too talented for that to stop as well as Drmic being ruled out for the rest of the season.

Reply #743756 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

West living too much in proud past. Too much focus on creating Hollywood experience. Past glories blinding the vision for new era. Need to give more opportunities to next gen...
Factoring in one import.. injuries.. team needing to gel.. strong vets. Leadership and top end class but needing more soldiers of old. Beware of wounded bearcat though.

Reply #743759 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Someone just dropped a Steve Novak belt reference. That's epic!

Reply #743760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being an import down doesn't help, even though you could argue South only having one as will with Zinser terrible. But losing West and Braithwaite was big forcing Spud and Truslove into more minutes. Chemistry doesn't seem to be there either, Thomas a good guard and leader but not a finisher.

Reply #743762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cameron Bell has the love and support of his friends and family so that means he is really good as basketball, just ask Nik Desantis

Reply #743766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A player who should know better getting reported doesn't help either.

Reply #743767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers already have a replacement import for Drmic. Them and North (who have been very underwhelming since round 1) will fight it out for 4th/5th.

Reply #743770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If North beat Centrals next round you have to think the 5 is set.

Reply #743771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will all be about who is peaking come finals time.
Gambier and North have had slower starts due to significant personnel changes and gelling time.
Norwood and Southern had great first rounds due to chemistry and stability but i have a hunch will lose more in this second round.
Eagles with Majok in are seriously stacked and will finish top.
Centrals are very good and may sneak in.
My finishing order will be-
Eagles, Gambier, Rockets, Flames and Tigers.

Reply #743777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern, Eagles and Norwood have had just as much personnel changes as North.

Reply #743780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern started 0-2 including getting pumped by West which now looks like a terrible loss. They have had good wins against North, Mt Gambier and Centrals since.

Reply #743781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern, Eagles and Norwood have kept the majority of their core with some additions.

Reply #743784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern have 3 new starters how do you figure they're in any way similar to last year?

Reply #743785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't necessarily mean starters. Have Johns and CJ plus Burns, Dodman etc on the bench. Addition by subtraction apparently of Mays, plus Drmic was there a couple of years ago.

Reply #743791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West are terrible now but that win against Southern was impressive. They were really good that night. There best is good enough it's disappeared though.

Reply #743794 | Report this post

Steve novak  
Years ago

To whom it concerns,

My name is Steve "the belt" Novak. As I have just concluded my final season in the NBA averaging a career high 1.3 points per minute and 75% from 3. I'm looking to give an ABL team a NBA all-star talent in myself, I have the ability to shoot 3's and I have a dank celebration. I hope you consider me for your team.

Reply #743799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think anyone would confuse the subtraction of Mays as an addition.

Reply #743803 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So how is everyone coping with the travel to Mount Gambier?

Reply #743808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Losing a bloke averaging 30 and 12 on about 90% shooting the last month is a good thing?

Reply #743814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the court Mays is great, a lot of off court issues though. Not sure if they've been sorted out this year. Hence addition by subtraction, even Deano wanted no part of him, just the unscrupulous Andy gave him a shot.

Reply #743815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are returning college kids seen as the missing parts, often they're a distraction in that it takes a while to integrate into a team that's been together for 6 months. Maybe as some depth but shouldn't be relied upon as integral parts. More likely the kids that are leaving will be missed, Hoppo and a few central kids will be greatly missed. Also heard a rumour Diing is being looked at by a few nbl clubs, if he leaves that'll be a big hole to fill.

Reply #743816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunno man, talking to actual Forestville players instead of flogs on here, it sure doesn't sound like there are literally any issues with the bloke.

Reply #743817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why was he passed up at north, eastern and centrals? Won't mention the issue due to legal restraints but was quite serious. But I imagine him and Rashad get along pretty well.

Reply #743818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, he smokes weed. Like a shit load of people in a country years behind many others. If that was genuinely the reason clubs have passed him up then I'm embarrassed for them.

Reply #743819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think he is much more settled this year and it's showing in his play too. Very talented.

Reply #743820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great role model for kids! Is that all he does seeing you know him so well?

Reply #743821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm embarrassed for you dude

Reply #743822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't somebody think of the children!!!

Reply #743824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Embarrassed. In case you didn't know it's illegal no whatever what your thoughts on the topic is. You going to go to junior trainings and preach the virtues of smoking dope to the kids, pretty sure the forestville parents might have something to say.
So are you categorically going to confirm he is a drug user on this forum? Will the president acknowledge and back the use of illegal substances?
Don't think I'll be the embarrassed one, willing to put your name publicly here, or are you the one embarrassed or are you the major hypocrite? Ball in your court buddy!

Reply #743825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised you're so shocked, all you heroes knew anyway apparently.

It’s pretty embarrassing still thinking weed is bad just because it’s illegal lol.

Reply #743826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate, I was embarrassed for the guy that was embarrassed for the clubs who supposedly passed on May smh! Having said that Eagles do allow Tucker around the team and everyone knows his history and surprised to see him still around the team especially as of late..

Reply #743827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good chance he doesn't smoke, just made the rumour up himself so he didn’t have to play for basket cases like Mavs and Centrals

Reply #743828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"willing to put your name publicly here?"

Are you willing to put your name next to the retarded shit you came up with? Guess he'll also tell the kids how awesome speeding is if he sometimes goes a bit too fast without realising?

Reply #743829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put your name out champ and say he smokes. Still waiting or you just going to keep up this innuendo it's ok despite it being illegal. Would like the president to come out and support your claims clown! But you're too scared to stand by your convictions!

Reply #743830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will that really truly help you sleep at night?

Reply #743831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it will, good to see you standing by your convictions. Hypocrite!

Reply #743832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay mate, sleep tight

Reply #743833 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Seems ludicrous to make such a claim about someone and say it's common knowledge and then have someone say it's all gd even acknowledges it illegal. Very confusing. Hearsay. Who gives a shit. Trolls. Why can't focus be on court.

Reply #743834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would you dob your mates into the police if you knew they smoked? Of course you wouldn't. Stop pretending to be so high and mighty about a plant.

Reply #743835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My name is Seb Vozzo and I can confirm Greg Mays smokes the devils lettuce

Reply #743838 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #743841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Southern, Eagles and Norwood have kept the majority of their core with some additions."

Norwood did lose Stanbridge, but I agree with you here.

Forestville lost their starting PG, SG, PF, C (among others) from 2018...

Southern lost Mays and Brine - massive losses: look at their performances with Forestville and Norwood this year...

TLDR: 784, you're a moron.

Reply #743842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood's core stayed the same and Brine is a like for like replacement (upgrade) over Stanbridge. They’ve always had a Legan type just usually off the bench.

Southern and Forestvilles lineups are completely different to last year. Both teams play a vastly different style to what they did last year. Forestville started off blowing teams out and have gradually come back to the pack. Southern started slowly but appear to be working it out. Not sure how they’ll go without Drmic. Have heard they might have a replacement but have no idea what kind of player it’ll be.

Reply #743843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In that case i wouldn't be letting Legan near the children either. Oh that devils lettuce and convicted drink driver. Think of the children.. pffft get over yourself you flogs. Dowdell, Legan, Tyson-Thomas, Turnage.. oh and don't forget about Southerns favourite boy who seems to always have a cold cos he doesn't seem to stop sniffing..

Reply #743846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely seems a lot more settled. Perhaps not being around the toxicity of Southern has had a positive effect on him. Surprise surprise. Anyway. Back to what we're here for. What's the news on Southerns replacement?

Reply #743847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've still got Norwood, Mt Gambier, Forestville for finals. Tossing up between North and Centrals for 4th

Reply #743848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The word going around is that weed is not the issue. Why did North tear up his contract?

Reply #743849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You tell us mate

Reply #743850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North also has four new starters this year. They seem to be starting to work together. I'm thinking they will be top three if they can get their act together

Reply #743851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Possinly top 3. If they start playing consistently.

Reply #743852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who would you push out of top 3 out of Mt Gambier, Norwood and Forestville for North to slide in there?

Reply #743853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals have been a surprise for sure. Simpson has done a good job with those kids. I wouldn't know who to put money on between Southern/North/Centrals making the top 4

Reply #743854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No thread is safe from Perthworld's insignificant contributions.

Reply #743855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals couldn't defend Cameron Bell and Southern just lost their best player. I'd put a few dollars on North.

Reply #743856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals couldn't defend Cameron Bell in one of the first couple rounds. They did a better job against Forestville a few weeks ago.

Reply #743857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what i heard Deano was in talks with a new import about a month ago prior to the Drmic news going public so I'm sure he's got his cheque book out and ready to buy another premiership. Can't rule Southern out just yet

Reply #743858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, they didn't lose by 50 second time around

Reply #743859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha! True!

Reply #743860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see the top 4 finish like this,

1. Norwood
2. MT.Gambier
3. Forestville
4. North

Is Southern good? Yes, of course but you just don't replace 27ppg like that so would I be shocked if they fall down to 5th or out of it? Not really. They did beat Centrals twice which could help at the end.

I like Centrals lineup a lot when they come to play. Young team who is still learning and growing with a few leaders in Riewer, Cententra and Jones. Looking at the remaining schedule the league didn't do them any favors as they have to play @North @Mt.Gambier, @Norwood, @West, @Sturt, @Eastern and @South still with only 2 home games left against Woodville and Mt.Gambier. Not an easy task at all. Also heard a rumor last week, that they will be losing Dau for at least 3 games coming up as he has a tryout with an NBL team and will be traveling with them.

Overall I personally think besides the top 3 or 4 teams anyone can beat anyone in this league which makes for some fun basketball.

Reply #743862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jimma up for a DP spot or roster? Kid can play. Wish him luck

Reply #743865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thomas at Reserves tonight on crutches. West in a world of hurt if he's out long term.

Reply #743915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs - how bad are they
Gone backwards again

Reply #743918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not the way Valk played in reserves tonight.

Reply #743919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Valk? God help West!!! He's terrible, slightly behind Jordy Wilson in towel waving is all he's good at.

Reply #743920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How would you know?

Reply #743922 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Going by this thread there seems to be so much weed smoking and towel waving in this league that my pic above was on point. Towlie would make a great league mascot.

"Wanna get high?"

Reply #743925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats Valk production in Premier League the last few seasons?

Reply #743931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't been given an opportunity. Can play.

Reply #743942 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Maybe look for another club.

Reply #743943 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Recruits should be targeting valk bell Wilson types. Opportunities for those who dare.

Reply #743947 | Report this post

Seb Vozzo's mum  
Years ago

What about my son???

Reply #743948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He started games early in 2017 I remember before Thomas got back from college.

Reply #743954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Started, had a good game and then got worse until he's a towel waver now. If he was any good don't you think he would get some of Spuds minutes???

Reply #743957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe that's on the coach.

Reply #743964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball is not always fair.

Reply #743965 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Spud loyal servant but time has got him..... time for new era. Lucas Skyvalker.... step up. Be the force.

Reply #743980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People consistently getting shit on in these threads:

1 Seb Vozzo
2. Rigby Alphabet
3. Jordy Wilson
4. The entire West Adelaide men's roster
5. Nick Desantis

Reply #743997 | Report this post

Hater  
Years ago

People who deserve shit on this thread:
1. Seb Vozzo
2. Rigby Alphabet
4. The entire West Adelaide men's roster

Reply #744010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3. Blokes who think they earned played of the week with the third best performance in that game

Reply #744011 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

People who deserve shit. Those who think funny to harass others. Nothing but piss weak bullies. Time you were called out. Always anon always as if experts and also showing how inept you are. Weak as shit so you move to top of list. Let's leave you at the top and you can be king shit head.

Reply #744030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bloke who's gone out of his way to change his name from 'blank’ to Anon having a crack at anonymous posters. Shut up please

Reply #744031 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Having a crack at those who have nil regard for others.... not sure how you can be offended. So don't tell me to shut up. Show bit of civility to others then call me out.

Reply #744032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shut up please.

Reply #744035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, proving not all heroes wear capes! Chill out dude, they cop shit for a reason, they're not juniors so no rules have been broken. If they have a problem let them fight their own battles. All you're doing is waving a red rag to a bunch of bulls.

Reply #744044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard that Lual Diing is joining Jimma on that tour and Chol Luk heading back to college before season ends along with Anyang, obviously not with him at Oklahoma. Had an easy schedule with plenty of home games and only beaten Norwood who are above them. Be interesting how a young team reacts. Riewer showing he is a class act and shooter, expect him to make the all star 5 at the point and Jones pretty reliable without much depth in the frontcourt. However if they lose those other guys can expect them to struggle down the stretch, teams will hone in on Riewer. Expect north to overpower them inside this week, don't think Jones can overcome all the bigs the rockets can throw against them. But a huge improvement over the mess Bobby Cunningham left. Pity the women haven't followed suit. If they'd sorted their second import out sooner they wouldn't be winless, apparently Goff pulled out at the last minute and no big recruits followed the KB signing like they expected.

Reply #744053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure the point guard spot in the all star 5
May go to Kane dewitt or tom Daly

Reply #744055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It'll be close race with those three. Reiwer been unbelievable with the young team.

Reply #744056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Patty Thomas die?

Reply #744058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who was all star 5 in the guard spots last year? Doyle and Teys?

Reply #744061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johns and Legan

Reply #744062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neither in the mix this year?

Reply #744067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Legan 22/5/3
Daly 23/4/5
De Wit 10/6/9
Reiwer 14/5/5
Johns 11/5/3

Reply #744069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Riewer has great percentages too. He and Daly a level above.

Reply #744075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's time for west to be a bit realistic.... they are horrid this year it’s time to blow this thing up and stop playing their veterans. Give the young guys a good go get them ready for future years. Look at attracting some good young players I hear Vozzos on the market as a great starting PG, maybe Cameron bell could be his back up?

Reply #744095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have been by trying Rennie as a starter, Ciganovic started early games and Johnson is first off the bench? All three are young guys.

Reply #744098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Screwing up the second import and sending him home is what has killed them. Would've had a couple more wins with him and still in the hunt for a finals spot.

Reply #744101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach made a stand on attitude which you have to respect.

Reply #744142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

May send the opposite message, if a coach values attitude more than Wins then theres not a whole lot to play for

Reply #744153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thomas averages 14-9-5 and near triple double most weeks and not put in that group of Pg's earlier in thread ^ is ridiculous.

Reply #744154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blake brings enough attitude, don't need another big fella bringing attitude.

Reply #744158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"May send the opposite message, if a coach values attitude more than Wins then theres not a whole lot to play for"

They weren't winning with him, and their attitudes likely wouldn't allow them to going forward.

Reply #744166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14, 9 and 5 probably won't get it done for all league teams if you’re losing to teams like south!

Reply #744176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Write both the "is patty dead" comment and then left him off my stats list. Oops

Reply #744186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

funny, all league teams are not team awards.. so not sure that matters

Reply #744190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"May send the opposite message, if a coach values attitude more than Wins then theres not a whole lot to play for"

This could well be the dumbest post I've ever seen on hoops.

Reply #744229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a lot of inaccuracies on this post, and most of them are not worth commenting on, but there's one I can't let pass.

Saying Valk is second best towel waver behind Jordy Wilson is outrageous.

Valk is easily number 1.

Reply #744230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmm, I think rankings are about right. Jordys move "The Dice roll" is probably better than Valks "Lariat", but admittedly Lucas is out of practice this season.

Reply #744238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seening the Centrals have success this season after the past few years has been fun to follow. Such a young team and how they got Riewer is beyond me. He is averaging 14-5-5 and doesn't even shoot or force nearly as much as other imports while shooting 55% from the field and 62% from 3 going into next weekend, that's ridiculous.

Absolutely will be tough for them to get in the top 5 with a lot of there guys leaving durning the season. I wouldn't expect them to make the playoffs, but who knows.

Reply #744344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Comes down to talent. Apart from Riewer, Jones has been steady for them so their imports are already way better than previous years.
Then getting Chol Luk and Lwal Diing to come in and suddenly they are very quick and athletic. Also addition by subtraction from some of the other guys, Tyson Hoffman and Simpson Junior were well below premier league standard.
They were looking the same a few years back but Bobby Cunningham came in and tore it all apart, just wanted to play his favourites and unbelievably bad son.

Reply #744350 | Report this post

Jason Mason  
Years ago

In other news do we think Seb Vozzo will play for Australia when the USA team comes to Melbourne?

Reply #744392 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:14 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754