Aussie
Years ago

Brian Goorjian back in Australia for good?

On the Overtime show the boys were saying that Goorj is back in Australia and I got the impression that he is here to stay.

If that's true, who will he coach?

Only the NZ position is possibly open but I don't think he will go there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Topic #45225 | Report this topic

D2.0  
Years ago

Not sure how he could be "back for good?
I would have thought he was too young to retire? but maybe at 66 he figure's its time to slow down and enjoy his grandkids.

Reply #743903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems pretty unbelievable. If there was an inkling he was returning would have thought Sydney would make an offer. Was making major coin in China so what's changed? Calling bullshit on this one.

Reply #743906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is the senior assistant for the Chinese World Cup team. He isn't coming back to Australia any time soon.

Reply #743909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last I heard he has one year to go on his current contract. Like so many things here people post with out any true knowledge of the current situation.

Reply #743912 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Well to be fair it seems like the info was from an NBL show that made up some fake news due to being desperate for content during the off-season?

Reply #743921 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Whatever I said, whatever I did
I didn't mean it
I just want you back for good
(Want you back, want you back, want you back for good)

Reply #743971 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:40 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754