Mitch Norton – Perth Wildcats
Clint Steindl – Perth Wildcats
Josh Boone – Illawarra Hawks
Craig Moller – Sydney Kings
Kyle Adnam – South East Melbourne Phoenix
Corey Webster – New Zealand Breakers
Demetrius Conger – Free Agent
Majok Majok – Free Agent

Players will attend a training camp in Sydney on June 14-15 before travelling to China for the first game in Qingdao on June 19. The second game will be played in Nantong on June 21 followed by Changzhou on June 23.

Games 1 and 2 will be broadcast live on FOX SPORTS (available on Foxtel and Kayo) and NBL TV. Game 3 will be broadcast live on NBL TV with delayed coverage on FOX SPORTS on Foxtel and streaming on demand on Kayo.

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/nbl-team-to-tour-china

Topic #45293 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strong team.

Reply #745778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not hating, but what's the point?

Reply #745780 | Report this post

Flop Warning  
Years ago

Perth bandits robbed of representatives

Reply #745781 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I concur also. Seriously what's the point of this team? Are China paying all expenses and the NBL put a call out to see who’d be interested in playing?

Not hating, but it’s an odd team to say the least and I’ve no interest in following whatever happens with it.

Reply #745782 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Random assortment of players to say the least.
Wonder if Conger and Majok will get picked up.

Reply #745783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's part of the appeal of playing basketball, you can actually go to other countries and play. Massive population in China, it’s all business. It’s quite a good team with youth and experience. Good luck to them.

Reply #745784 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I stopped reading at Kevin White.

Reply #745786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any news on were there going to play next year Majok Majok Conger

Reply #745793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conger and Majok to join the Perth Bandits

Reply #745794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling was in the team aswell but withdrew his name

Reply #745797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LK still pushing the China thang. Waste of time (and money)

Reply #745805 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

Exposure of the Australian product to the Chinese market is no waste of money. Any interest from that part of the world is huge for the NBL in terms of marketing dollars.

Reply #745807 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Forget this rubbish, let's just another RJ Hampton thread!

Reply #745811 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

You add nothing thunderjam just insults and sarcasm

Reply #745817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not for us NBL fans, its part of a bigger picture. Stop sooking folks. Also a sneaky way of adding salary to these guys without it counting against cap.

Reply #745828 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Looks to be lacking a traditional 4. Conger / Moller play mostly 3 in NBL

Norton / Adnam
Webster / White
Moore / Steindl
Conger / Moller
DJ / Boon / Majok

Reply #745837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ could play bit four as well, very flexible team.

Reply #745842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

China have already told the NBL they aren't interested.

Reply #745861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what has this sporting exposure really created. Port are over there at the moment, sure to have the smallest crowd of the round with maybe a few expats with the rest freebies. What is China going to give to have a c grade team going over for a few games. Have any Chinese companies sponsored anyone in NBL. For all the talk of how China is vital to growth of everything in the world, how does this benefit the NBL. Exposure, who cares, that don't pay the bills.

Reply #745862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They pay the bills for the China tour, I can see you people don't run businesses, exposure is every thing. As the NFL boss said once there is no such thing as bad exposure. Take a chill pill some you people, all so negative.

Reply #745864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So answer my question, what benefit have we gotten?

Reply #745868 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Chinese car manufacturer MG Are a sponsor of the NBL

Reply #745872 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm gobsmacked that there are people actually questioning the validity of this series. Do the results mean anything? No, but it's likely that all expenses are being paid by China so it's a free hit as far as the NBL concerned then you add in the exposure of the league to China's big business interests (basketball is massive in China) potential future sponsorship deals in the NBL, possible rights payments for NBL TV which is streamed live in China, player swap deals, the past talk of a Chinese funded team on the Gold Coast in the NBL etc

They absolutely love basketball, they've got shitloads of money to burn, likely no losses incurred by the NBL you would be crazy not to do this.

Plus the players get a bit of run to keep in shape during the off-season, get a little bit of extra income too, the big exposure of free agents like Conger to the Chinese market, other NBL coaches, teams/coaches watching around the world.

I mean there is absolutely nothing negative in this annual series if you don't want to watch cool bananas don't but I'm looking forward to it and great to see some genuinely good players have been picked this year too.

Reply #745877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank you zodiac, exactly well said.

Reply #745881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"get a little bit of extra income too" So how do you know this to be true?

Reply #745907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac, you've just mentioned exactly the same things I did. Potential sponsorship, possible tv rights to Chinese market, past talk of a funded team. What player swaps, last I remember a Chinese player being here he was a 12th man or dp player or something. We gonna send Seb Vozzo over as our exchange player? There's 1 Australian free agent on tour as well as Conger and Nbl coaches know all about them. And don't think Popovich is staying up to see how many points White, Norton or Adnam scored against some terrible Chinese team, so this exposure thing that is constantly mentioned about overseas teams watching is total bullshit.
So again, what benefit does this tour bring and you can't mention exposure, potential or possible. All the players will get is maybe some spending money, some duty free and exposure to the worst pollution in the world. Enjoy watching Moller score 30 against a team South Adelaide would probably compete with.

Reply #745920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^
You don't have to watch you negative nan. You come across as maybe you missed out on the tour.

Reply #745927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am sure the Southern Huskies will be pissed off that Moller has to go an play in the middle of their season in some Mickey Mouse meaningless games in China.

Reply #745930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will be playing the Chinese National team that will be competing at the World Cup. It wont be the quality of teams Phoenix are currently playing. smh

Reply #745932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which Chinese National Team?

Reply #745933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not going to watch Ned Flanders (negative nan, seriously???) Shows calibre of China if that's what we're sending.
Name 2 current Chinese players of the top of your head.

Reply #745947 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

What's the point of any game?
Yes, its not our "A" team, and the Chinese opponents will be of the appropriate level.

It's an opportunity for the guys to play O/S, against a different opponent to the normal NBL crop.
Hey, if my employers offered to send me to China for a pointless meeting, do you think I'm going to say no???

Plus its about building links with whomever runs basketball in China.
I don't know if it will work, but if we ever hope to sell our product there, then we need to start somewhere.

Reply #745966 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

So what has this sporting exposure really created.
*looks at giant "John West" logo on the uniforms*

Can't imagine.

Reply #745968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz, the Chinese aren't one iota interested in the NBL and they know it.

Reply #746006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wish your employer does send you to China and you get locked up for their atrocious human right abuse. They're pretty shit at environment issues as well.
All China will watch is Chinese ball and nba. Severely doubt one of their fans will look at Moller and suddenly want to tune into nbl.

Reply #746009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to the nbl in China and watching Moller. Cheer up people and either enjoy it or stop watching.

Reply #746038 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:46 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754