6. Centrals
7. West
8. Woodville
9. Sturt
10. Eastern
11. South

Saturday night

North vs Sturt
The Rockets have been quietly building as the season has gone on. Their size was too much for the Sabres early in the season and even with a more experienced lineup now, I think the Rockets will have too much for the Sabres.

Rockets by 12.

Eastern vs Centrals
Sapwell back but a few out for Centrals last week. Could be a real danger game for them if their full lineup isn't back. Mavs form line has been trending down but might just have a sniff here.

Centrals in a hard fought game by 5.

South vs Southern
The Panthers had the unfortunate distinction of being the first team to lose to Sturt and have looked a little lost over the past month. Having said that the Tigers have hardly played over the last month, so maybe some form is better than none. Will the Tigers import suit up and is he any good?

Tigers by 14.

Woodville vs Forestville
Well promoted game with some great looking uniforms on display. Unfortunately Woodville won't put up much of a fight in this one as the Eagles simply have too much firepower.

Eagles by 22.

Norwood vs Mount Gaambier
Game of the night. Both teams would have championship expectations and a win here would help either secure a double chance. Norwood took care of the in the mount with a furious comeback that required overtime. I think the Pioneers get revenge here.

Pioneers by 4 in OT.

Sunday

Southern vs Sturt
First meeting between these sides and could be more interesting than many would have guessed earlier in the season. No Drmic leaves a hole for the Tigers and Klaosen give them some hope of stopping Turnage. Southern still too much, but in a close one.

Tigers by 9.

West vs Norwood
The Bearcats have Saturday off and we know the Flames don't run deep. Norwood took care of them the first time by a significant margin. I expect they'll do the same again, but in a tighter contest.

Norwood by 8.

Centrals vs Mt Gambier
If the Lions are at full strength this one could be interesting, but I suspect they'll be missing a few still. Pioneers are professional and have no problems backing up on a Sunday.

Pioneers by 12.

Forestville vs North
Battle of the pre season favourites. With Majok back for the Eagles you'd have to fancy them here, however North have been travelling well and the addition of Marshall certainly helps.

Forestville by 7.

Get out and support your local club this weekend! Plenty of good options to see some games across town.

Topic #45296 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone with info on Southerns import?

Reply #745831 | Report this post

Phil mycok  
Years ago

Whoever does the power rankings needs to be sacked period.

Reply #745833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What should they be Phil?

Reply #745834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since its an unpaid position and most people enjoy it, then maybe you should shut the hell up. Its an opinion piece, does cause debates. But there's no way there could be 100% consensus.

Reply #745839 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The power rankings look pretty on point to be fair.

Reply #745850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love SA, just shit on anything that is productive to the sport!

Reply #745876 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Same poor attitude prevails.

Reply #745885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil, you must be so proud of the name you chose, must have spent hours on it. Good to see primary school kids on the forum. And your insight is fantastic. Now piss off and let the adults talk.

Reply #745895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Op here. Always happy for people to disagree with my rankings or predictions if they provide their own! I'm not the lone authority on the league but do enjoy discussion about it.

Reply #745899 | Report this post

Phil mycok  
Years ago

Jesus Christ a bunch of losers and sooks keep crying little girls. Strong power rankings won't give Teys a jumpshot xx

Reply #745900 | Report this post

Phil mytesties  
Years ago

1. Forrestville
2. Norwood
3. Mt Gambier
4. North
5. No one cares
6. No one cares
7. No one cares
8. No one cares
9. Seb Vozzo and Eastern Mavericks
10. No one cares
11. No one cares

Reply #745901 | Report this post

Phil miweiner  
Years ago

Are people misspelling Carlton I've never seen it spelt like "Sturt"

Reply #745902 | Report this post

Not Seb Vozzo  
Years ago

Eastern would be higher if I played more minutes

Reply #745903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eastern are so poor again.
Will it ever change?

Imports need to consider what it does to their resumes and question whether it's worth playing for such a crap club for their future.

Get out now and leave the favourites to fester.

Fville were average last week but did enough expect them to be better this week with a bit more motivation.

Norwood should be up and about with Webber relaxing after a week off due to weather.

Reply #745905 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Phil Mycok lol.

Reply #745906 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Phil you are a tool.

Reply #745908 | Report this post

Phil myweiner  
Years ago

Who me?

Reply #745909 | Report this post

Phil MyCok  
Years ago

Who me?

Reply #745910 | Report this post

Phil mytesties  
Years ago

Who? Me?

Reply #745911 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hey look at me I'm a tool and a hero because I don’t use my real name. Atleast I Phil use a real name

Reply #745912 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Let's not make fun of people not using there full name now.

Reply #745913 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Phil the fool. Phil the love.

Reply #745914 | Report this post

Phil Mynan  
Years ago

Shut up idiot

Reply #745915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much as I enjoy the Vozzo hate, dude wasn't that bad against Forestville last weekend. Eagles love letting a rubbish player do well against them.

Reply #745916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the hell did Vozzo ever do to yall

Reply #745917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Rockets have been quietly building as the season has gone on."

Nope.

Reply #745923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Disagree. Rockets will finish top 3.

Reply #745934 | Report this post

Fastbreak  
Years ago

Can anyone tell me if Norwood vs Mt gambier is live streamed anywhere tonight?

Reply #745945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^no but spacequake is livestreaming forestville and north tomorrow

Reply #745946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would love to crush phil

Reply #745948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does he know Phil McRevis?

Reply #745952 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Phil Mycrack is his cousin

Reply #745954 | Report this post

Dan  
Years ago

Just embarrassing for your comp the way some of you carry on each week. Juvenile at best.

Reply #745959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame because there's actually some decent ball being played and has been reasonable discussions some weeks.

Reply #745960 | Report this post

Phil’s mum  
Years ago

You'd like to crush Phil? You and what army squirt

Reply #745961 | Report this post

Phil mytitties  
Years ago

I would love to crush Philmynan

Reply #745962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

southerns import suited up !

Reply #745967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and is currently losing to south by double digits...what is going on

Reply #745970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And like clockwork Eagles let Brodie Nathan score 24

Reply #745972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petty playing an under 18 who is absolutely terrible

Reply #745973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair statement from Mount gambier men. Thump Norwood, were up by more than 30 before taking the foot off!

Reply #745974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well South fucked that one up. Choked at the line, give up a layup at buzzer to send it to overtime then play like a rabble. Great leadership Jamie.

Reply #745976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hilarious
Good coaching Petty and Warhurst.
Both totally stuffed up.
Expected really. What a rabble

Reply #745977 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Can't believe norwood make spectators pay for that rubbish looking at the stats nobody could shoot would be dissapointing and making finals success look unlikely

Reply #745978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood coming back to earth, coach webber probably sacking assistant Rogers soon, all must be his fault.

Reply #745981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did Warhurst do?

Reply #745982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was a Souths loss rather than a Tigers win. Souths up until 5 to go were leading and suddenly no offensive rebounds and Tigers eventually led 2nd chance points by 11. Disappointing after such a good game from Souths to that point. Why #1 wasn't played more in the last I have no idea. Saw some fractures in the Southern team dynamics that could be exploited by the right team.

Reply #745983 | Report this post

same old same old  
Years ago

Norwood not playing their bench until the fourth quarter when the game was done.

Reply #745984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How'd the new import go?

Reply #745986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Fair statement from Mount gambier men. Thump Norwood, were up by more than 30 before taking the foot off!"

They were still up more than 30 when the game was over. 112-81

Reply #745987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn right was South loss, just watched replay, Allmon lost that one. Choked at line to put them up by 3 then maybe worst defence ever on Turnage. Absolutely gave him layup to tie it.
Still calling Cheatgles and Mt Gambier grand final.

Reply #745988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha yep whoops, so they were!

Reply #745990 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Live by the 3 die by the 3

Reply #746002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give the panthers some credit, very young team mostly 18-20 year olds. Stuck with it against a top team just couldn't hold on in crunch time. Them being bottom of the power rankings is absurd. Their best isn’t bad just needs consistency.

Reply #746003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give the panthers some credit, very young team mostly 18-20 year olds. Stuck with it against a top team just couldn't hold on in crunch time. Them being bottom of the power rankings is absurd. Their best isn’t bad just needs consistency.

Reply #746004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They lost to Sturt. They absolutely deserved to be last.

Reply #746005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is always a bottom team. If South isn't who do you suggest?

Reply #746007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to Petty it was him who cleared the cupboard and only kept the ones he wanted. Excuse of playing young ones is a bit thin compared to other clubs doing same. About time South's junior program is put under spotlight, their 14s were top 2 a couple years back but all left because of coaching. In terms of numbers aren't they one of biggest yet rank nowhere near top?

Reply #746008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South is decent in U23s but very average anywhere else

Reply #746010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

souths under 23's are decent as they had a good coach the last 18 months until he quit

Reply #746020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South took care of Sturt the first time, had an awful game against them the second time as they are inconsistent. They were in it final minutes vs north, tigers. Beat West and took care of Mavs quite comfortably.

Reply #746032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They were not in it with North.

Reply #746033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have 1 good import and the rest of the crew including coach and assistant are terrible

Reply #746043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt playing better once child leader Matthews ejects himself after throwing a tantrum. Culture problems.

Reply #746052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rockets down eagles by 15. Some tough defence played!

Reply #746060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville missing Teys

Reply #746064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teys wasn't the missing piece. Deng was a let down.

Reply #746065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did you want Teys to do apart from choke in the last few minutes of yet another big game?

Reply #746068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes forest ville would be super confident going into finals knowing they got within North without Teys.

Reply #746069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still pretty stacked without Teys. After watching the Rockets own them for four quarters with some serious D, he might not be enough.
Whoever stated previously on this thread that North arent getting better isnt paying attention.

Reply #746072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was me. North aren't getting better: they've always been around this level. It's a matter of whether they can hit enough outside shots to keep defenses honest, dominate the boards and avoid in-fighting. North took care of the first two but even in the win tonight a couple of their studs with complaining that they weren't getting their 25 shots. If nothing else, McVeigh with 17 points in the first quarter was the difference. Pretty good quality game despite injuries and outs.

Reply #746077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh had an enormous weekend, north have needed that elite perimeter scorer the last few years. Sure they had Aric Miller a few times but was a volume scorer, not as good as Jack.
I was not sure pairing Dowdell with Starling would be effective, but so far so good. I still think BJ is their Achilles, too shot hungry and turnover prone for them. Got the simplest job in world, get ball to McVeigh and imports, run the offence and play defence. But sometimes his decision making is WTF. A guy like De Wit is perfect example of who he should emulate but can his ego do it.
And have to bring up the boom off season recruit of Peters, was a lot of woofing by rockets faithful but has been terrible. And yes I know he was injured, but what about rest of season.

Reply #746081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North bring some good players off the bench to change things up. I was impressed with their defence. They are close to having all the stars align and when they do they will be a handful

I didn't hear any infighting but then I was at the other end

Reply #746089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

swap BJ for De Wit and north may go undefeated

Reply #746090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From original post I have North swapping with Norwood and maybe Mt Gambier equal with Forestville. Norwood looking like pretenders now.
As for women, despite losing great players, north are absolutely terrible now. Is Joynes that bad a coach, had terrible state campaign but his roster currently isn't that bad.

Reply #746095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North women lost what, four of their best players, and people expected them to do well?

Reply #746096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame job at St Clair on Saturday night.

Reply #746098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With what north have they're still worse than what they should be.

Reply #746103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Defrancasca and Corrigan can only carry last years bench so far.

Reply #746106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joynes responsible for bringing in a terrible import too.

Men's competition very close at the top but another year with a big gap between top 5 & the rest.

Reply #746107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's possible North women's had massive losses AND the current coach isn't up to it.

Reply #746109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They were undefeated. Didn't leave the cupboard bare and this year's comp is not as good as previous years. Any of last year's top 5 could have won this year's.

Reply #746110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When the absolute definition of an end of the bench player from last year starting I don't think you can say the cupboard isn’t bare.

Reply #746111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scrap that, read the box score wrong.

Reply #746112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think people underestimate the impact of losing 4 quality starters who led a team to an undefeated season. Then that is compounded by injury problems to key recruits to help with the retirement of players and you have a perfect storm.

North will get back on track

Reply #746120 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Rockets women bought in an import that is not up to it. After losing so much from last season they needed an older experienced import who could score and control everything on the court, and play 30+ mins every game.

Reply #746124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Swap BJ for De Wit and north may go undefeated"

That's like saying swap Riewer with BJ or Swap Riewer with DeWit. You could say this about a lot of guys.

Reply #746131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume Ben Carter is also done with college after suiting up yesterday?

Reply #746133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Alex Mudronja going to play for Sturt or anyone this PL season? The Sabres could do with him in the line-up.

Reply #746134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he suited up that's a big no no if at a D1 school. Does point to quitting college which seems the rage these days.

Reply #746137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll keep BJ over De Witt every day of the week. De Witt too predictable. Did anyone realise North’s PG outscored and at a better percentage than Forestvilles SG yesterday

Reply #746138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd definitely take De Witt. He does so much on the court that can't be shown in the stats. Bj is inconsistent and flighty. Position doesn't mean anything anymore. Forestville's centre and North's forward both outscored any guard.

Reply #746140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*any guard on their own team

Reply #746141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carter going to a D2 next year.

Mudronja to suit next game.

Reply #746143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West another L but fought hard. Was at the game and Norwood wasn't super impressive but got it done.

Reply #746146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West another L but fought hard. Was at the game and Norwood wasn't super impressive but got it done.

Reply #746147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is D2 an American fast food place?

Reply #746148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the point is everyone raves about Harris but when playing a better defensive team his output is no better than BJ whom people criticise. I'd take BJ any day as no one can guard him when he is focussed

Reply #746151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North did bring the D.

Reply #746152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do people rave about Harris? He's always been a high volume shooter which makes him look better than he is.

Reply #746153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not convinced anyone thinks that highly of Harris after his GF last year.

Reply #746157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mudronja and Carter were "big time" athletes on Janx HPH Network. Doesn't give much confidence for those that follow.

Reply #746159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is with all the hate for these kids like Harris, Carter, Mudronja?? Some bitter old men coaching Premier League who played in the dark ages and never quite got there I has it at a guess.

Reply #746160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget White getting splinters on Stanfords bench.
I think most of it comes down to how much crowing he does about placing all of his guys in div 1 schools, now they're shown they're not up to it so fair game. Carter was never up to Div 1 and should always have gone to a div 2 school. Shows what bad advice does.

Reply #746161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone is a little bitter.
As a result there all sorts of assumptions and confusion you put forward. Contact the man himself and ask about specifics. I'm sure he will be all to happy to help clear up your confusion.

He doesn't have the expertise to help all the other issues you have though unfortunately.

Reply #746162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Carter's school go to the NCAA tournament? Not sure Carter would be too upset with the experience.

Won't White end up with a Stanford degree? You do understand what that means don't you? You do understand the value of that? Not sure White would be too upset either.

Glad these guys are not getting advice from you, you are showing what bad advice does ;)

Reply #746163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would I want to speak to him, results are the things that count apparently. These can be directly measured in the success of his players that he has built up.

Reply #746164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK cool. Posting information that clearly lack insight and knowledge without getting the correct information first is smarter. Fair enough. Keep going champ.

Reply #746165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rankings

1. Mount Gambier (Please expose their bench depth someone!!!)
2. Forestville (with Teys #1)
3. North (Chemistry improving, BJ needs to make better choices)
4. Norwood (Worked out by opposition and sliding)
5. Southern (Could climb with new import if they click. Dean will do whatever it takes to win, and I mean anything!!!)
6. Centrals (Will slide unless players are back, beat Mavs with a Reserves line-up)
7. West (Disappointing beyond words, soul searching needed at the Bearcats)
8. Woodville (Peaked and falling down the mountain for 2019, new direction needed)
9. Sturt (only with Mudronja & "Big Rig" back in. Carter looks like he hit every burger joint in the States prior to returning)
10/11.Eastern or South (Morris still looks to be injured and South continue with some weird arse combinations on the floor like their names were drawn out of a hat by the coach)

Also league needs a professional dress code for coaches and squad members on the bench. In yesterday's Spacequake streamed game Andy's denim shorts and Hawkes denim jeans with what looked like a top he wore to bed the night before doesn't speak South Australian flagship competition! Also Norths bench looked like they were having a Sunday session at the Highlander. Is it that hard to wear dress pants, shoes, polo - jacket - shirt! Watch NBL 1 games and even the spectators are better attired than these guys.

*Special mention to Rogers from Norwood with the long sleeve t-shirt under the polo straight from the city skate park. Rashad with his snapback also classy.

Reply #746166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the top 5 set or can one of the bottom teams get on a run?

Reply #746168 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not sure about dress code but behaviour of some trans bench players needs to addressed. Not just the players on the team but the training squad players at the end of the bench. Venture out to the ARC and watch the behaviour.

Reply #746169 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Who cares what they wear.on court where it happens.

Reply #746171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not just transsexuals that act poorly on the bench.

Reply #746173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#160. Who are these bitter old premier league coaches you think are bagging Sturt, Jantkes crew and their pathways?
Would be curious to know who you think from the current coaches bothers to get involved in this toxic forum?

Reply #746174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#171 Bench attire, not on court as there are rules for on-court. Off court is "anything goes". Want PL to be looked upon as a professional well run, lots of talent League then perhaps BSA and the clubs need to get those on the bench to actually look like they are not mowing the lawn on a Sunday morning.

No wonder interstate comps give South Australians so much crap!

Reply #746178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The rankings above mention Mt Gambiers depth but I could say the same thing about Forestville's depth. Any foul trouble or injuries and they quickly come back to the pack.

I think it is open between the top three listed. I can’t see Mt Gambier missing GF. The road trip for finals is a big hurdle for clubs who have basically no experience in travelling. My view is Mt Gambier v Forestville/North. If Forestville make it do the Pioneers sell supporters gear in Adelaide !!!

Reply #746180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much as it would be great to have Mt Gambier in the final it would be a shame after the past two years having 3000 supporters there that it would probably halve for a Mt G final.

No one giving Southern much chance? Have beaten North and Mount Gambier from memory.

Reply #746181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There would be busloads of Mt. Gambians heading does so the crowd would increase I reckon.

Reply #746195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheaper hiring a bus and coming to Adelaide than a ticket locally.

Reply #746198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually, where will the Grand Final be held this year????

Reply #746199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern have lost Drmic and seemed to have stagnated. My Gambier and North starting to build as basically new teams are beginning to work better together

Reply #746200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would say that Janx would care about players he personally endorsed leaving after a year in their respective programs. I like the idea of what he does but don't bang on about these guys being the "Sturt ants pants" when they aren't.

The next kid he backs would want to be 110% solid in their commitment and decision.

Reply #746201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It'd barely even be a blimp on his radar.

Reply #746206 | Report this post

Mason Jason  
Years ago

Imagine complaining about people on the bench getting excited and supporting there team wow wee your life must be so depressing

Reply #746207 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I coach better with a tie and suit.

Reply #746216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't all be rainbows and lollipops. Great if they do well but questions should be asked why some failed so hard. Don't come with that bullshit, oh his team made the tournament and he's getting a Stanford degree. That's a cop out. They went there to play. As most kids they normally sit as freshmen like a Jack White etc. But is it just ego to send them to the biggest school that are interested. Carter would have been better off going to a good div 2 school or a lower div 1 program. His main advantage here has always been his size and bulk, suddenly he's going against guys just as big and more athletic. Not saying it was all Jantkes doing but if he was advised to go there as number 1 option then questions should be asked. Don't spout off about all the div 1 kids like you're the Australian basketball pipeline, try and focus on the end result. I like Jantke, but really think his ego gets in the way sometime.

Reply #746218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just more smoke and mirrors like the rest of the Sturt "pipeline pathway"! If you are a gullible Sabre parent you will be taken back at how good your kid can be and how far they can go if you play for the good old double blues.

Sturt kids walk around at U12 - 18's like they are the next big thing because they and their parents buy in to the self hyped bullshit that is apart of this club.

Reply #746220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such a disappointment to be in position to get a div 1 college scholarship, what failures they are

Reply #746221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sturt kids walk around at U12 - 18's like they are the next big thing because they and their parents buy in to the self hyped bullshit that is apart of this club." yea it is terrible. These poor victims, they must be as devasted. Lives and souls will be crushed.

Reply #746222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares about a div 1 scholarship if you give it away a year later dickhead!

Reply #746223 | Report this post

Sigmund  
Years ago

"Who cares about a div 1 scholarship if you give it away a year later dickhead!" - Yea I blame Jantke too. Make me sooooo angry that I get emotional on anonymous forums about him. I understand you. It's all his fault. Damn! He caused the almost 900 D1 transfers this season. All his fault. While we are at it I'm gonna blame him for all the Aussie college guys that don't play much in their first couple years, leave or transfer. Jack White, Kody Stattmann, Harry Froling, McVeigh, Tom Wilson, Epperson. All his fault. SOOOOOOOOO ANGRYYYY SHOOOOUUUUTTTTING.

Reply #746225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And so it continues. Most clubs do a poor job of developing players. Don't hate Sturt because they strive to give their players the best chance to be the best version of themselves.
It's not perfect but at least they try. They are serious about player and coach development. Again, it’s not perfect, but they try.
It’s not for everyone. Lots of players leave because they just aren’t that serious about getting better or they think they are better than what they are. Go play somewhere else, call yourself a Div and be happy.
They don’t give a crap about what other clubs are doing because that’s not their focus.
Oh wait, it’s cyclical though right? Just a fluke or a just a good age group? Or they just recruit?
Goodness. This has been going on for a very long time now. Keep believing they are the enemy and you are hard done by.
They love it.
Basketball is a expensive sport. Ask yourself what your club provides you for your money?
Do their coaches take it seriously? Is their competition for spots? Is their a history of producing good quality basketball players year on year?
If it’s too hard to work hard, fight for your spot, then go play somewhere else.
Why would you give your money away as a parent to some of these clubs that employ people who have no idea about running a basketball program?
Some clubs have imports doing these jobs.
Some clubs have committees pick coaches and players. Committees who change every few years. Committees who have parents with self interest picking who their next coach will be.
It’s comical and until any of that changes the results will be the same year on year.

Reply #746227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, you are a little bit cross petal! Do you need a hug or just your blankey? Btw, where did you snatch Sigmund from?

Reply #746228 | Report this post

Sigmund  
Years ago

Hangon you mean that Sturt aim to provide value to young athletes and their families? Who would have thought? What a strange concept. This makes me ANNNNNGGGGGRRRRRRRY. D*ckh&*d. I thought they were there to provide value to our imports. SOOOOOO ANNNNGGGGGRRRRRRYYYYY!!!!!!

Reply #746229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

218 - what is your definition of failure? Getting a scholarship at one of those schools is hardly failing.

I'm sure the players and their families were involved in decision making. Not like Jantke would have forced any of them to make the choices they did.

You are stating the obvious when you say the higher the college the harder minutes are to come by. Are you suggesting the players/families were somehow deceived? Some people aim big fully aware of the risk whereas some are more conservative.

I don’t know what advice Jantke gave White but I don’t think it is his role to tell him not to go to Stanford.

And I’m sure you concede that Jantke can’t control what a college promises versus what it delivers. He also can’t control variables such as the recruiting class a particular college assembles after an Australian has spent a year or two at the college.

The success/failure that you refer to sums up what is well known about the pitfalls of NCAA basketball. Applies to all not just SA athletes Jantke has assisted.

Fact he has been involved with quite a few who have been successful in obtaining hard to come by scholarships says a lot about him and the talent coming through SA.

Lastly, those referring to hyping/overhyping clearly haven’t had much experience in the USA high school to USA college pathway. You don’t gain the interest of USA colleges without focusing on a players best attributes. Not his job to be balanced. No one has ever missed a shot in a highlights video.

Reply #746230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you thought about talking to a professional Sigmund, if that is your real name.
Have you considered you may be in a cult? These incoherent ramblings suggest you are in a bit of denial. Did your mother not breastfeed you?
These things normally don't end well, Waco, Jamestown. Don't drink the cool aid big guy, things will get better. An alien spaceship may not take you to Xanadu, it's ok.

Reply #746231 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Someone got a big axe to grind. You happy to slag on Janz but got no idea.

Reply #746232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's Sigmund gone?

Reply #746233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He truly is the messiah! Can't do a thing wrong, does sound a little bit culty.

Reply #746234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't this a thread about premier league?

Reply #746235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was...

North showed they're a real chance on the weekend. Some people have been sleeping on them.

Reply #746236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee whiz

Reply #746240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah North did a good job of beating a less than full strength Forestville. Deng & Mays both nursing injuries, no Teys, 2 bench players playing half the game each. Be embarrassing if they lost. To befaier Starling looked a lot better than he did their last game against Forestville and McVeigh played a lot better when he didn't spend 90% of the game mouthing off at the Eagles bench

Reply #746247 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. I saw one team own the other, might have been closer if Teys played but Forestville didn't even look like they could win.
Those guys didn't seem too injured against Woodville the night before??

Reply #746250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Forestville should be in NBL1 they are so good. It's beneath them to have to play in the PL

Reply #746257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly didn't actually watch the Woodville game as you would have seen Mays reinjured his shoulder he has been playing with injured for more than a month and Deng did his ribs again. I wouldn't call it owning them. Eagles had a bad first quarter and couldn't get a shot to drop. But actually won the other 3 quarters. It was definitely their worst game of the season so losing by 15 isn't the worst. Last time they played North I recall North lost by close to 30.

I'm not denying Eagles had an awful game. North played well. Is Dowdell injured? He seems underutilized for an import. Although i feel they may play better with him on the bench.

Reply #746259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely feel as though North are better without Dowdell and Forestville were playing better ball as a team without Deng.

Reply #746260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine saying you owned a team because you won by 15 after being down what, 25 at the end of the first the last time you played them

Reply #746265 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What did last time have to do with Sundays result? Separate games, months apart.
North owned Forestville Sunday and they know it.

Reply #746266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

15 is not owning. Losing by 25 after a quarter is owning.

Reply #746267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Winning by 15 with three of their starters either injured or not playing on a team with zero bench depth is not owning

Reply #746268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Though 15 would be their second biggest win of the year so guess I'd celebrate too. Couldn’t beat Sturt or South by that much, but you sure owned Forestville!

Reply #746269 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

North were up 32-16 at quarter time. Does that not qualify with your standard of owning from their first match. Most of the game it was around 20. Double standard much.

Reply #746272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares if they owned them or not. They are winning at the right of the year. Most players are carrying some type of injury now and it is mental toughness to play through that. They all played big minutes for Forestville so it wasn't as if they had major problems

Problem is they have no bench strength.

Just accept you lost. I think there are 9 clubs that would be loving the thought of Karma revisiting the Eagles just as in last years GF when they list the unlovable GF!

Reply #746274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After quarter time when Eagles played that amazing box and 1 defence on McVeigh North just did what they had to do. Eagles never threatened and when they put any pressure on McVeigh easily lost Harris and scored. The final margin may have been 15 but that is not a true indication of the ease at which North dealt with them.

Reply #746276 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

To be fair the Eagles bench were to busy mouthing off at each other , McVeigh couldn't get a word in.

Reply #746277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh didn't need to mouth off as he was well above the standard of the opposition.

Reply #746278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About time he is

Reply #746286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worry about your own club making the finals, not hoping another team will beat a team you've probably been smashed by twice

Reply #746287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone explain the above post

Reply #746289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Harris was defending McVeigh they should have won by 50

Reply #746290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does listing an unlovable final mean?

Reply #746291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They played an under 12 style box and 1 for 3 quarters. McVeigh just moved around so the rest of the squad could score whenever they wanted too. It was kinda boring to watch

Reply #746300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Under 12 style box and one" - your junior coaches run a box and one? Interesting.

Reply #746302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn some of you North supporters are coming up with some gems today! Truly amazing imaginations.

Reply #746303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Centrals Reserves beating Mavs

Reply #746320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Riewer playing reserves these days?

Reply #746344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They were missing Jimma (who has been playing Reserves) and the second import.

Reply #746346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's wrong with Jones?

Reply #746348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Left for another gig in South America.

Reply #746352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Toronto Raptors ran an under 12 style box and one in game 2 of the nba finals.

Classic Rockets fans with their insightful comments.

Reply #746354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty shitty of Jones, assume he was under contract but that wouldn't be worth much. Centrals in big trouble now.

Reply #746356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going back to Jones was it mutual. And what effect does that contract have, surely a clearance can't be given or is it not really recognised in dodgy leagues, but if he were to go to Europe later would he be screwed? Would be on peanuts here so if he got a good gig could probably pay it out. Can't think of when an import has up and left for another job mid season.

Reply #746357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Decorey Jones left towards the end of 2017 and missed Tigers finals campaign.

Reply #746363 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Common denominator. Jones boys. Weird coincidence.

Reply #746365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And how did that work out for the Raptors in Game 2. Same result.
Left yourself vulnerable on the O boards and got punished for it.
Like De Witts game. Fville gonna struggle if no Majok. 40 point turnaround from the first meeting n North on a 7 game winning streak. Gonna be a crazy Finals series

Reply #746380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagles struggle more when Majok players hero ball

Reply #746390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#390 agreed.

They played better when he was on the bench.

Reply #746399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"And how did that work out for the Raptors in Game 2"

I figured that would be your comeback: the Raptors outscored GS by 10 or so in the stretch they ran it. So it worked well, and it's pretty clear that you didn't watch either of these games or just have no clue.

But more to the point, it's hardly an U12 tactic if it's occasionally utilized at national championships, state leagues, NBA etc.

Reply #746402 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

We can't all be Sturt running the triangle at under 12’s

Reply #746403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the Raptors outscored GS by 10 or so in the stretch they ran it.

Eagles ran it for 3/4's and still lost. Didn't really work that well for you did it?

Reply #746406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fact North were better (credit to them) doesn't discredit the strategy.

You being a moron is only indirectly related to the effectiveness of the strategy in this instance.

Reply #746408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You went to a strategy that saw you score 1 more point over 3 quarters with the opposition never having to get out of 2nd gear. McVeigh just taking Harris to the opposite side of the floor so players such as Starling could just waltz through the key and score whenever they felt like it. Well done brilliant.

Reply #746413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what you're saying is by outscoring North, Eagles outplayed them with an U12 tactic. Cool. Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

McVeigh wasn't happy about playing dummy offense, despite the result by the way. So much that he tried to get some touches but teammates wouldn't give him the ball when open and was pretty vocal in expressing his displeasure with Starling in particular it seemed.

Reply #746416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps Fville should have used their white picket fence as their team's Defense. It would play D with much more energy and intensity.

Reply #746417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can someone please explain one point. In a Box and 1 isn't your best defender meant to be the "1". If so is Harris the best defender Forestville have got?

I think you are clutching at straws with McVeigh not being happy. Seemed happy enough to me!

Reply #746418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harris is who Andy chose to be the 1, so maybe he is.
Jack is loving it at North. Nice, pathetic attempts to create division where none exists.

Reply #746421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha Harris defend? Doubtful.

Reply #746436 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

So there is no way anyone can improve as they mature, learn from others, work on a deficiency, change attitude ...

Interesting life view.

Reply #746444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pop, not according to many of the posters in this thread - no. Come to think of it that is probably why they are probably posting to this thread without any real achievements of their own. So according to them - No, you can't

Reply #746447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harris' family loves this forum

Reply #746452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turnage for POTW both rounds??

Reply #746453 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

North are happy. Stop stirring the pot. I look at tigers and see as unhappiest. Winners are grinners. North grins getting wider brighter. But sure be a trick or cheat that will be revealed before the big dance.

Reply #746462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers unhappiest? Don't see that myself. See a bunch of guys who enjoy playing together.

Reply #746468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would say West, Woodville and Eastern would be the most unhappiest squads out there. South are just too bad and dumb to realise they're unhappy. I reckon Mt Gambier would be laughing, took awhile for them to come together and work out league but along with North are form teams. And have experience in big games. Would be everyone's second favourite team to win it all against Cheatgles.

Reply #746470 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bit over the cheateagles tag. Past history move on.

Reply #746484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah, Cheatgles here to stay especially since it bugs em.

Reply #746486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because no other team has done anything dirty. Sure hope you're not a Tigers fan!

Reply #746488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stirring the pot? Yes.

Doesn't mean I'm not telling the truth. Just waiting for shit to hit the fan.

Reply #746493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah, at least they spend money they don't have to buy titles.

Reply #746495 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Called clever recruiting. Give credit for achievement. Why are we always looking to bring people down. Qualities like ininative planning promotion buy in strategy need to be recognised. Yes sometines being outsmarted is being out coached.

Reply #746498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is the other assistant coach for Southern ? Didn't see him at the last few games.

Reply #746500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#498, who are you talking about?

Reply #746502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tall dark haired guy

Reply #746506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately Dean had to sell him to cover costs!

Reply #746520 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Think the jury is still out on this.

Reply #746521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you guys shitpost elsewhere?

Reply #746530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What clubs would be looking for a new coach for 2020?
West?
South?
Mavs?
Sturt?
Woodville?

I would think this off season would be interesting with the Vacancy sign out the front of most clubs. All of the above had had significant time in the role apart from Petty who by all accounts is struggling.

Reply #746562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West won't sack Maclean. Nor Woodville with Whitmore. Others might be in trouble though.

Reply #746563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petty has a 5 year deal

Reply #746573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In his own mind maybe.

Reply #746575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, some things get flagged over nothing, nothing defamatory there, just opinions and facts. Disappointed if it gets censored.

Reply #746577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bahaha check out James Legan's stats

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=204554779&client=1-3656-44097-512275-26372075

Premier League be tripping with 13th April, 1st June, and 2nd June

Reply #746984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those look like Jordy Wilson's numbers on hoops !!

Reply #746991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Typical West letting him drop 100

Reply #747037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone doing write ups for this week?

Reply #747038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#746218, questions really don't need to be asked but as you brought it up and for the record White and Mudronja are currently chilling in Italy about to play for the Emerging Boomers in the world Uni Games. One will then start his pro career with the 36ers this season and the other will head back to one of the top educational institutions on the planet to continue to get his degree whilst competing in his junior year in the Pac 12. Mic drop...... Crickets.....

Reply #749167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did this bitch actually just type "mic drop"

Reply #749187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stanford may be revered but the US is currently ranked 27th in the world in education....

Reply #749201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Secondary or tertiary?

Reply #749213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably both, Americans are stupid

Reply #749230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No weir knot!!!!!!!

Reply #749232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stamford is the 2nd highest ranked University in the world. 1st is Harvard and 4th Oxford. So what US overall ranking is, is irrelevant in relation to the players you are trying to play down their intellect and abilities. Credit where its due. White worked his arse off at school and sacrificed a social
life to commit to studies and training. It paid off and he will have a career outside basketball when he is done with playing. Its full scholarship and a Div 1 University, you cannot deny that is success as far as an Aussie and US college comparatively to those partial lesser ranked colleges. Maybe not as good basketball wise compared to higher tanked sporting universities but if you are looking for both education and ball if you know you are pushing the NBA path option being short then it is a great opportunity. Good on him.

Reply #749233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not saying these players are stupid, Americans are stupid

Reply #749253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No-one is really attacking White. Its a great opportunity. Just stating the obvious deficiencies in the US educational system across the board.
Can you site who rated those institutions 1,2 and 4 in the world?

Reply #749261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oxford now 5th behind Cambridge. Rankings found at Centre for World University Rankings located in the UAE.

https://cwur.org/about.php

Reply #749270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can go to a top learning institution but doesn't mean you will come out smart. Look at all the dropouts that went onto becoming super successfull. All it means is the secret handshake might get you a job above others. Same here in SA, go to Saints etc and old boys club look after you. Rather have a smart motivated guy from Tafe than a lazy kid from Stanford who's parents paid their way.

Reply #749304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

304 what are you talking about. We are
talking about an earned academic and sport scholarship that an Australian would not have received if he wasn't smart and he chose because of its No 2 world ranking and good basketball program. No dodgy deal involved. So your post has no relevance for what we have all been discussing. You are just generalising based on sensationalisation of current news. Not all who go to these schools are of the same mold. Do not use your beef with others to discredit those who have genuinely worked hard and have the talent, its degrading and unecessary.

Reply #749312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure all he has to do is have sufficient grades to attend Stanford on an athletic scholarship, doesn't have to necessarily be brilliant to attend there, just have the required grades.

Reply #749331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Take the above back, you do need better grades to attend there, my bad.

Reply #749338 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754