Anonymous  
Years ago

1)Olajuwon
2)Russell
3)Sabonis
4)Chamberlain
5)Kareem
6)Shaq
Then no particular order but wouldn't have Parish there, really needed Bird and McHale, was serviceable and had longevity but nothing really special. Mikan for his time, Ralph Sampson a what if, Mutombo defensively.

Reply #746355 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

Paul Rees

Reply #746358 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Hakeem definitely getting the respect that he deserves. I feel Admiral is up too high on the list but it's a great conversation topic.

Interesting that there was NBA at 50:top 50 players of all time centers that missed out such as Dave Cowens, George Mikan (changed the rules to stop him), Willis Reed and Bill Walton... any love for those guys?

Reply #746376 | Report this post

Neb  
Years ago

Michael Olowokandi

Reply #746381 | Report this post

Neb  
Years ago

Kwame Brown

Reply #746382 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

That first list is spot on except u may swap robinson for moses.

Reply #746386 | Report this post

robt.  
Years ago

For his 1-game cameo as centre in the finals, Magic did well. A career ave of something over 40 in pts, got plenty of boards and still dished a bucket-load of assists, too. Was that '84?

Reply #746388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaq number 1 or 2 for mine, but it is too hard to number 1-10! A clear top 5 Shaq, Kareem, Olajuwon, Wilt and Russell but too hard to number them. You could argue a case that the entire list "changed the game" at a point in time. Shaq with power and agility, Olajuwon versatility, Wilt size and strength, Russell with smarts and changing the game defensively and of course they banned the dunk in college because of Kareem!

Others to garner top 10 mention:
Walton, Mikan, Cowens, Elvin Hayes, Sabonis, Mutombo, Ben Wallace (DPOY 4 times), Alonzo Mourning.

Reply #746391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1. Mike Dunigan

Reply #746392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaq number 1 or 2 for mine, but it is too hard to number 1-10! A clear top 5 Shaq, Kareem, Olajuwon, Wilt and Russell but too hard to number them. You could argue a case that the entire list "changed the game" at a point in time. Shaq with power and agility, Olajuwon versatility, Wilt size and strength, Russell with smarts and changing the game defensively and of course they banned the dunk in college because of Kareem!

Others to garner top 10 mention:
Walton, Mikan, Cowens, Elvin Hayes, Sabonis, Mutombo, Ben Wallace (DPOY 4 times), Alonzo Mourning.

Reply #746394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your spelling is like a 6yo. This is Australia!

Reply #746404 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Never saw chamberlain or russel play. Doubt they would dominate today like they did against 6'7 centres in the past. This is a list of best centres I’ve seen play.

So I’d go
1. Kareem
2. Olajuwon
3. Robinson
4. Shaq
5. Ewing
6. Mourning
7. Parish
8. Wallace
9. Mutombo
10. Daugherty

Reply #746556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hilarious when people mention terrible players as an attempt at humour, champagne comedy. Keep it up funny guys, waiting for a Jim McIlvaine, John Koncak, Stacey King or Pervis Ellison reference.

Reply #746570 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

What about Steve Scheffler, he was a bench warmer for the Sonics during a time they had no quality centres?

Reply #746584 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Sadly it looks like no all time blocks records will ever be broken anytime soon with the new 3 point game and no one taking mid range shots.

Reply #746620 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Hakeem was another level. No 7 footer has ever moved like that guy did.

Reply #746718 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754