Premier League Round 16
Splitting the rankings now the top 5 is set
1. Mount Gambier 12-3 - Rolling now and with everyone healthy look to be firming as title favourites.
2. North Adelaide 12-4 - Made two big statements recently taking care of Forestville and Norwood by big margins.
3. Forestville 12-3 - No Majok on the weekend, will he return? Might determine how far they end up going.
4. Southern 10-3 - Going along quietly but have't had a tough challenge without Drmic yet.
5. Norwood 11-4 - Have teams worked them out? Would be disappointed with a big loss to North.
Non finals teams
1. West 5-10 - The best of a bad bunch but still not threatening any of the finals teams.
2. Woodville 5-9 - Maybe the team most likely to cause a finals team upset.
3. Centrals 7-8 - All falling apart after a promising start to the season. Shame as they were the only team shaping to push for a finals spot. A 50+ point loss is embarrassing.
4. Eastern 2-12 - Morris isn't enough, though he puts up consistent numbers, someone has to defend there.
5. Sturt 1-14 - Despite adding big name stars, can't get it together to get a win, even against mediocre teams. Something wrong here.
6. South 3-10 - The weekend proved they are a long way from even the likes of Woodville. Have gone significantly backwards this season.
Eastern vs Sturt
Both teams will see this as winnable and be hungry to finish the season well. Sturt should get the win here with their recent additions but I've thought that in a few other games too. Can't see any of the Sabres being able to handle Morris down low.
Mavs by 6.
Norwood vs Centrals
A month or so ago this might have been an interesting matchup but with Centrals recent form this one looks like being a training drill for the Flames to get back on track.
Norwood by 25.
Woodville vs Southern
A 30 point game last time they met, but wouldn't count on that being the case again. Warriors have a history of bringing it when there's nothing on the line for them. Southern have been shaky, but getting it done.
Southern by 11.
Forestville vs South
Well this could get ugly. If there's one team that can pile on points, it's the Eagles and if there's one team that can concede them it's the Panther "army". After giving up 117 to the Warriors, you'd have to expect a big score here for Forestville. Majok or no Majok, this will be ugly.
Forestville by 28.
West vs Mount Gambier
Pioneers took care of the Bearcats only recently and can't imagine this one ending any differently. Burdon finding his range is a concern for the league.
Mount Gambier by 17.
Southern vs Forestville
This one could ride on whether Majok plays. A great challenge to see if the Tigers are contenders or pretenders. I'm not convinced just yet. Mays could be the difference in this one with his size and athletic ability.
Forestville by 8.
Mount Gambier vs South
I wonder if a team have given up 300 in a single weekend before? I think South might just nudge it this week!
Mount Gambier by 32.
Huge slate of games this week. Game of the week is Forestville vs Southern with some big implications for finals. Huge games coming up over the last month to determine finals positions.