Isaac
Years ago

Taipans sign George Blagojevic

The Cairns Taipans have signed their last local player and are pleased to welcome forward George Blagojevic from the Marlins to the Taipans roster. The talented forward graduated from the University of Hartford in May, and quickly signed with the Marlins upon returning home to Australia, with a view to join the Taipans and begin his basketball career.

Regularly touted as "one to watch," Blagojevic was awarded a scholarship to the Australian Institute of Sport before being recruited by the NCAA Division I school to play for the Hartford Hawks, where as a senior he averaged 14.3 points and 7.5 rebounds, shooting the ball at 56.2 per cent.
Full story

Topic #45703 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

is a PF or SF

Reply #755830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SF 12pts 6.5rebs shoots the 3 at 25% and FTs at 51% in the QBL - very underwhelming

Reply #755837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a four that the article says they are going to make into a three, good luck with all that. Cairns had better have some great imports or that side will struggle, qbl players.

Reply #755842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Team is getting worse.

Reply #755845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the word is cheap

Reply #755847 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have there been many successful conversions from a PF into a SF? I thought it typically went the other way?

Reply #755850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A struggling franchise and the roster goes maybe 4-5 deep at best. Last place and kelly will lose his job.

Reply #755857 | Report this post

A A Ron  
Years ago

What chance does Kelly have, he's taking knives to a gun fight.

Reply #755859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jurlina has had two very good years up there and still misses out, not certain what's happening up there. Djeric has played point in Serbia the last few seasons and now he’s a two guard, Jurlina was a natural two- three and can defend. Interesting season ahead for Cairns, the imports and Jawai will really have to play well.

Reply #755863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^
Blagojevic is a four and there going to make a three, we could all look like fools but not making a lot sense some of the selections, there hardly six deep.

Reply #755866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They need a top level sg and top level ns guy to even make things interesting.
The backup unit is barely nbl1 level.

Starters
Machado, ?(Import-SG), Noi, Oliver, Jawai

Bench
Kenny, Djeric, ?(NS-SF), Deng, ?(Acuil)

Limited minutes
Fisher, Krslovic, Blagojevic

(DP-Dufelmeier, Mayen)?

Reply #755870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Noi play the 4 spot in college, I suppose a lot four is just another wing but it’s a big ask to start in the 3 in the nbl. White, Prather even Newley must be thinking how good is this. On the other side of coin though he has said he’s going to be as good as Inglis when he came into the league.

Reply #755872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi is a 3 now.

Reply #755873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see that but has he played 3 before ?

Reply #755882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes.

Reply #755883 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

This is an odd (and by odd I mean cheap) signing.

I watched every game he played this season for the Marlins and although he's had some good moments in the QBL he's very inconsistent. What worries me the most is that he regularly does some really dumb shit, and when things aren't working you can see his whole body language sag and his game goes to shit.

Taipans obviously believe they can mould him but I'd prefer someone a little less raw.

Reply #755895 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

The Taipans are also piss-weak at the three if Noi isn't the next coming of Jesus that he thinks he is.

Reply #755896 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

You'd jave to think they've got Newbill - or a similar player - signed. Someone who can really play both 2/3, it's the only explanation considering some of the players still available at that wing position.

Reply #755900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns first game against kings, they surprised bullets last year in opening fixture, you never know. Kings preseason a little short due to coach and Bogut being with the Australian squad.

Reply #755902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the other way of looking at this is that last year everybody complained when mike Kelly brought in a load of has-beens rather than young talent. if they can get back to developing young talent again it might set them up for future years when they're recruiting. we may be shit but at least you're gonna get minutes.

Reply #755914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This roster has Jamie O's name all over it. Roster spots for his boys and Mike will end up being the fall guy for it. He'll then think he deserves his job...

Reply #755924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pozoglou, the Wildcats DP is better than at least 3 of the Taipans roster players. Will be a long year

Reply #755925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lot truth there.

Reply #755927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have signed Ethan rusbatch

Reply #756340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:45 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754