KET  
Years ago

Speaking of, commentary team for the games are:

John Casey
Andrew Gaze
Shane Heal
Corey Williams

with Renae Ingles on the sidelines.

TBH i'd have preferred Liam Santamaria over Corey Williams.

Reply #755953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to see Wortho instead of Heal, I want commentary on basketball not talking up mates and his players.

Reply #755957 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

But I thought everyone on the team hated him because he got a tattoo?

Reply #755960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL
@NBL
·
39m
Big ups to our man Mitch Creek who has reportedly replaced
@xaviercooks9
(injury) in the
@BasketballAus
Boomers team

Reply #755966 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #755975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me or is Creek massively over-hyped and favoured by the NBL/NBL media?!

Reply #755976 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Well he was voted the Fans MVP in his last year in the NBL and broke into the NBA last season and is now returning to head up the new SEM franchise so I can understand why they talk him up a lot.

Reply #755977 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

"TBH i'd have preferred Liam Santamaria over Corey Williams."

The list of people I'd prefer to listen to over Williams is roughly the population of earth.

Reply #755980 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm sure Homicide will get relegated to mop duties he won't be able to get a word in with Casey, Gaze & Heal.

Reply #755982 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"Let me tell you"

No

Reply #755984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fans MVP men's nothing. I don’t know why people bring that up as such a massive achievement. Just means more 36er fans voted than others clubs.

Reply #755989 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It's a sign of popularity hence why the NBL love to mention him, is it really that difficult to understand?

Reply #755990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct, it's a fan popularity contest. Doesn’t mean he was the MVP of the league. It’s a worthless award

Reply #755995 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

I can't believe people question hyping up Creek after his last season in the league - fan vote or not. This is a league which has been cramming Goulding down our throats for the past five years as the face of the league, when it should have been Damo all along. I'm just thankful it's being allocated to someone who's worthy of it.

Reply #755996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damo???? Oh my lord

Reply #755998 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Creek may be slightly overhyped when it comes to his NBA cache but I don't think you can deny his play and efficiency in the NBL. He was easily one of the best Aussies in the league before he left Adelaide and he will once again be one of the best when he returns. A lack of a three point shot remains a lethal achillies heel and as such I'd be surprised if he get minutes in the cup. But that doesn't mean he isn't a great player. If he hit the three respectably he'd probably have an NBA roster spot.

Reply #756002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Correct, it's a fan popularity contest. Doesn't mean he was the MVP of the league. It’s a worthless award
Unless you're asking 'Why is this person so popular?'

Reply #756005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

creek had similar 3pt shooting percentage to sobey in qualifiers @ 30%.
He also average a lot more rebounds than Kay - 7.7 to 4.9.

Reply #756006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shoulda been there in the first place. 'Ol AL playing the guru and all that.

Reply #756014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And u watch Mitch lead us to a medal now

Reply #756015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahahahaah no he won't.

Reply #756016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide has the most fans in the league? I mean how else could he win an award that's only a popularity contest. Couldn’t be how good he was.

Reply #756017 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

How many rings does Damo have?

Reply #756020 | Report this post

Flop Warning  
Years ago

Damo has 5 rings.

Reply #756025 | Report this post

Perfwerld  
Years ago

Jason Cadee hard done by i think there, could have gone for the most electrifying man on the bullets bench but chosen a guy who got sold for a washing machine by the 36ers

Reply #756029 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Good luck to him, I think he's the type that will try and most of his opportunity so I look forward to seeing how he contributes for the Boomers

Reply #756030 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I'm just happy that Gaze has been selected for his natural position, loveable media face.

Gaze really is a popular icon. Coaching wasn’t his thing, but he was so dam likeable and non-hoops fans can relate to him.

I look forward to the Dad jokes returning to the commentary.

Reply #756064 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Love having Drewy back in commentary. Him and Casey are a great combo. Forget any others.

Reply #756069 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:47 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754