Anonymous
Years ago

Next import to be replaced?

With Randle signing with the Sixers it's got me thinking who the next import to go will be?

There is always one that get replaced mid season so who will it be?

Someone suggested Dario Hunt in another thread didn’t look that great for the cats In Pre-season games. That’s a name to get the convo started.

Topic #45991 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benson going soon I reckon.

Reply #765672 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Prather if knee problems persist.

Reply #765673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather is on a 2 year deal won't be him.

Candidates I say are
Benson - hasn’t performed preseason
Hunt - Perth night need more to keep up with Melbourne and Sydney
Braun - Brisbane might need a bigger 4

Reply #765677 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Moore plz

Reply #765678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin

Reply #765682 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

A replacement for Benson is already being discussed with SEM looking to make a move.

Reply #765685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne aren't going to pay Prather for two seasons if he can’t play.

Reply #765688 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If Pineau is really slated as a starter, I'd have to go with Benson.

Reply #765692 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Randle, once reality hits?

Reply #765699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braun was supposed to be 6'7, not a good look for the Brisbane scouts when he turns up as 6’4.

Reply #765700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^how did they get that so wrong?

Reply #765702 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Benson will be next. And whatever garbage they've put around Patterson in Brisbane probably should have their bags ready at any time.

Reply #765711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have thought Brisbane would be comfortable at this point with Vukona, Te Rangi and Patterson sharing minutes at PF. They were at their best last season with those guys spending minutes there, so unless they can't defend bigs at all you'd think Braun's job will depend on his ability to score from the wing.

Reply #765713 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I think Hunt is safe to be honest, they seem to like the guy enough to change their style to more of a small ball game, doesn't seem to have any attitude problems, and loves to pass the ball. As long as he does his job on the defensive end and doesn't turn the ball over too much I think he's safe. We don't have a history of switching our big men mid season and no guarantee if we replace him we'd be getting someone better.

Reply #765725 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

No one calling Terrico White's number I see. Hmmmmmmmm

Reply #765734 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"I think Hunt is safe to be honest, they seem to like the guy enough to change their style to more of a small ball game"

Two season ago Boone was the dominant big man in the league, then with Bogut coming back and Pledger partnering with Boone, there was an expectation of a paradigm shift. That's why we brought back Jervis. But it didn't really happen.
Hunt is similar in size to Long, and hopefully similar in athleticism too. I expect we'll see a few more blocks and dunks than we did from Angus.

Reply #765738 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"No one calling Terrico White's number I see"

I'll be watching Terrico with interest. Hopefully with more familiarity, and some of those injuries put to bed, I was hoping to see a better start to the season.
End of the day, we know he can step up in the finals.

I was worried that MU particularly might have stolen a march on us this season. Bu with no Barlow, and no Prather, they will be hampered to start.

Reply #765739 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

We don't have a history of switching our big men mid season and no guarantee if we replace him we'd be getting someone better.

Sometimes it pays off, but there are times it doesn't (DeAndre Daniels, Derek Cooke Jnr).

Reply #765740 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Keith Benson seems the obvious name here.

Reply #765741 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Sometimes it pays off, but there are times it doesn't (DeAndre Daniels, Derek Cooke Jnr)."

We'll never know though if they were replaced that we would have gotten someone better, I'm sure if it was on the cards they would've looked, but if noone good enough was available you're better off rolling with what you know.

Looking forward to seeing Robo-Terrico back in action.

Reply #765750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Benson. Pineau getting the start!

Reply #765788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Pineau is starting ahead of Benson, it's either Pineau has had a growth spurt and talent revival at the five or Benson is a dud and will be gone.

Reply #765794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I laughed at the commentary from Russel tonight. "A big rebound from Benson" from an air ball!!

Reply #765856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like both, Pineau has improved and Benson is a dud. SEM need a five man.

Reply #765864 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

If Dane Pineau is start before you...you should really be checking Expedia tonight for outbound flights.

Benson is such a poor finisher.

Reply #765868 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Benson definitely looks shaky out there like he's real nervous or hasn't got anything in his legs.

Even though he played well in the early pre-season games he was poor at the Blitz and looked all at sea tonight SEM should really start thinking about a replacement.

Reply #765872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pineau got eaten alive by Long. Not strong enough to guard import bigs. Benson will start over him eventually.

Reply #765918 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Who is good enough to guard Long?

Pineau did a great job.

And what would be the point of starting Benson over him, when he did an even worse job.

Reply #765921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pineau was brave but can't mark the Bogut, Hodgson or any of the more athletic bigs, will be found out. Benson was terrible. Long is overrated because he can throw down spectacular dunks, that don’t win you championships.

Reply #765926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They took Pineau out of the game at the end and put Benson in as United kept going to Long. Pineau simply got outmuscled on numerous occasions. He's simply not strong enough.

Reply #765932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benson had a good game of the bench almost had a double in 17 mins he is big and very composed and can draw the foul
he has a similar style to the way Bogut plays. The sem team overall has a golden state fell about it with all the 3 ball getting thrown and with bigs inside.

Reply #765936 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I have a question for everyone, yes there are split thoughts on Pineau and we all expect Benson to be replaced but does he stick around longer because a player such as Daniel Trist completely sucks and won't take court time off either of them or because of the inadequacies of Trist, do they replace Benson ASAP.

Sorry for the hate on Trist, I was eager to see him but he has gone backwards on his play last season and he got sacked last year!

Reply #766165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trist looks like he put twenty kilos, meads to improve quickly.

Reply #766167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man I remember when Trist came back from the EU and played SEABL. He had the pony tail and his rep from EU was great. He top scored in one SEABL season and ever since then he has delivered NOTHING.
Why do these experts continue to recruit him? TFG the pony tail has gone, and his game has too.

Reply #766177 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"I think Hunt is safe to be honest, they seem to like the guy enough to change their style to more of a small ball game"

Ok, WTAF?
In what league in the world is that guy a centre?

According to the stats he's the same size as Long. Pigs Armpit.
He couldn't guard Long, much less score on him. Cats had to sub him for Rhys Vague!

Keep in mind that Cooked was a cheap bench option to fit within the bench-cap.
DD was a stash player, so I don't know if we had the choice to send him back? He was also from the capped era.

Look, we can't just improving, improving, improving. And maybe Hunt came cheap?

Wait and see I guess. Maybe he'll turn out to much more athletic?

Reply #766326 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754