Anonymous
Last month

All NBL games to be broadcast live and on demand on Twitch

Another way to watch the nbl.

For those familiar with the platform, what is this co commentary feature people are talking about. Does that mean that fans can have a chat over the broadcast

Topic #46049 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Last month

So Co-Commentary means that you can take a feed of the game and provide your own audio over the top on your own Twitch channel. The NBL has a special stream just for that, which has the added benefit of just having crowd noise, which will be useful when the commentators are being annoying.

https://twitch.tv/nblcostream

Reply #767471 | Report this post

rjd  
Last month

I don't see the Perth vs Illawarra game there yet.

Reply #767503 | Report this post

rjd  
Last month

Twitch has better video controls to skip forward/back. It irritates me that NBL TV and the SBS live streams don't allow you to skip back to initiate your own instant replay.

If Twitch does actually show these games live, it would be my first option.

Reply #767504 | Report this post

rjd  
Last month

"I don't see the Perth vs Illawarra game there yet."

I now see that this game is on the Brisbane vs Cairns stream as the second game in a double-header.

Reply #767508 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Last month

Can someone please post links to the stream/s that show better commentary please.

Reply #767526 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

No commentary streams on Twitch? Watching via this from now on. Some fans to start commentating themselves and being better at it will probably happen too. Great news.

Reply #767531 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Twitch is like being at the game. Plus no bad commentary. Not watching on ESPN, SBS or anywhere else but here from now on.

Reply #767594 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

On desktop you can create clips from the live feed to produce your own highlight reels.

Reply #767595 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Plus no ads during breaks!

Reply #767596 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

The Heal Longley interview is on however.

So this is a stadium feed without the bunker BS.

Excellent.

Reply #767598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last month

Main twitch stream has commentary, but I can get that on TV
https://www.twitch.tv/nbl

Reply #767602 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

https://www.twitch.tv/nblcostream is the clean feed.

Reply #767604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last month

Watching the games with just in stadium audio could be a game changer!

Reply #767609 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Last month

I wonder if it would be possible for multiple locations to add to a commentary stream? Could make for great banter.

Reply #767619 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Last month

"Watching the games with just in stadium audio could be a game changer!"

Probably made possible because of the decision to use remote commentary teams on the main NBL broadcast.

Reply #767696 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

No, it would have been equally possible under the old commentary system.

Reply #767702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last month

The entire package sent from the stadium previously had commentary in it. It's one of the big reasons they've chosen this way.

Reply #767705 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

Yes, but it was still coming from multiple different microphones and being mixed together for broadcast.

Reply #767816 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Phobos 57

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms
PickStar - The best place to book sports stars
Westside Basketball Association

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 am, Fri 15 Nov 2019 | Posts: 801,520 | Last 7 days: 1,261