Anonymous
Years ago

Will Weaver loses temper

Breaking news, more information as it comes...

Topic #46250 | Report this topic

Hoopie  
Years ago

such a calm coach LOL

Reply #772229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No wonder same ref doing this game that done called the Goulding 3 point flip Saturday night

Reply #772233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unconfirmed reports that Weaver was dragged back to the locker rooms shrieking "GOOGLE NBL HEADQUARTERS"

Reply #772236 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

LOL that was genuinely funny, 236

Reply #772238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jon Chapman he's had a bad few days do refs get dropped ?

Reply #772239 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Funny stuff 236. Too good a post for an anon!

Reply #772244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a neutral the refs are calling only one way, Melbourne get open shooters by moving screens, Pledger, Barlow the worst. They should be penalised.

Reply #772245 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Not surprised that a coach as calm as Weaver loses his temper with Mayberry officiating. Same thing with Aylen losing control of the Sydney vs Adelaide game.

The sooner these two shit refs leave the NBL, the sooner it can go forward.

Reply #772255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The first technical foul was actually for his shirt and tie combination.

Reply #772344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mayberry. Nuff said. It's always been about Vaughn. I didn't see the call that Will was complainging about, but London to a brick it will be Mayberry.
Someone please post the clip.

Reply #772354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He said it was the number of fouls that built up that were not called, mostly moving screens and pushing fouls. The push on Tate right on half time and a no call and he exploded.

Reply #772387 | Report this post

joe  
Years ago

O Great decider of fines for the NBL I beseech you. Show mercy on the young coach from Sydney. He's new here and nobody told him that of course the thumbs of the refs are on the home team scale. This is a business and it's not good business to have all those people that spent all that money to go home sad. Might not come back. Too much money spent for sad. It's fair because each team gets 14 home games. If you want to win an away game you have to be a lot better than they are. Not just a little. Now he knows. Besides he's usually very well behaved. Ask around. Besides I think he's just sleepy. Think about it. Just came off a 54 game season where his team lost the championship. Wins the Coach of the Year award but no vacation for him. No. He has to talk his Doctor wife into quitting her job and move to a country that won't accept her US license. Pediatric Neurologist. Then he has to move from NY to Sydney without his wife and child. For 3 months. Interview and hire all new staff. Put a team together (well done sir). Start training camp, then jump to the Boomers (they beat the US and #3 in world rankings), go to China, play every 2 days, (and miss a medal by a free throw from their best free throw shooter). Up all night scouting next days opponent. All for no money. (Thank you for your service to our country for the last 6 years)> Then fly back to Tazmania to join the team. New country, find some place to live and practice and games. The boy hasn't had time to turn around. Plus the added weight of being only undefeated team left....I think he had to blow. Release valve. Better early than late. But the most interesting thing about all this was the reactions from the two players at their respective news conferences. Turns out taking up for your players when they are getting tooled around by the refs is a good thing. But still and all he's sorry, we're sorry we drove him to this. The boy is just tired. Instead of fining him, suspend him for a week, and we who appreciate all he's done so far swill gladly chip in and buy him and his dr. wife and baby a vacation to somewhere good. Then we promise, it won't happen again. He's really pretty mellow. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. Signed. all the Sydney (and Boomer fans) that appreciate what he's accomplished already.

Reply #772443 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

He seemed to do the "wait until people physically hold me back, and THEN I'll act like I'm ready to fight" thing.

Reply #772461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol @ Brunson

Reply #772515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great summary Brunson. Those 2 refs are a joke. And what is it with Mayberry wanting to go to the video every third call.

Reply #773005 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'd love to see stats on officiating crews and # of times they go to the video review. Mayberry feels like the Michael Jordan of time wasting on inconsequential reviews, and I'd be interested to see if the stats show that's the case or it's just perception.

Reply #773007 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You give a guy who gets no attention from anywhere else the ability to video review which is broadcast live on national TV. Of course he will maximise it.

Reply #773017 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Much as I get frustrated by the frequency of the reviews, in the case of Mayberry he gives me the impression of someone genuinely trying to do the right thing; he just needs a bit more judgement in when to do it.
He never stops to see if he's got anyone’s attention, so I don’t think he’s an attention-seeker like a certain other ref seems to be.

Reply #773032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I share your opinion, Hoopie. I think most posters are just projecting/generalising when they talk about Mayberry's 'attention-seeking behaviour'.

Aylen on the other hand...

Reply #773034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Mayberry is ok, Aylen more bad than good. I quite like the girl, blond one, imo she let's the game flow.

Reply #773049 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Okay okay I'll meet you half way guys - this applies to BOTH Mayberry AND Aylen! :P

The female ref is Toni Caldwell. She used to ref South East Queensland games when appointments were done on a regional basis alongside her then husband Scott Butler. How cute.

Reply #773051 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754