Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL Round 5

Early round this week with the FIBA olympic qualifier qualifiers starting next Thursday

Thu 7:00 - Sydney vs Townsville
Thu 7:30 - Southside vs Canberra

Sat 7:00 - Adelaide vs Bendigo
Sat 7:30 - Melbourne vs Canberra
Sat 6:30 - Perth vs Sydney

Topic #46274 | Report this topic

Wang whipper  
Years ago

Townville
Southside

Addlaide
Canberra
Perth will be winners

Mitchell will be player of the round

Reply #772780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why Townsville?

Reply #772784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because they have Vanloooooo

Reply #772810 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Is there a TV game this week?

Reply #772811 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yes - Adelaide vs Bendigo is the Foxtel game. I forgot to mention that in the OP.

Reply #772833 | Report this post

Wang whipper  
Years ago

Sydney are very poor and I think Seebohm will get the most out of his limited squad.

Bishop was much better last week after a slow start to the season.

Reply #772858 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

"Yes - Adelaide vs Bendigo is the Foxtel game"

thanks

Reply #772859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney better team overall but terrible coach, Townsville pretty limited but excellent coach.

Vanloo a 3rd string pg for Belgium, carleton a Canadian sf that barely plays for the n.t.. Madgen coming off multiple poor seasons, Garbin an undersized pf umand comer usually off the bench and Bishop an undersized c who isn't very mobile. Yet, they are getting some results...

Reply #772863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flyers sucks

Reply #772924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townville
Southside

Addlaide
Canberra
Perth will be winners

Mitchell will be player of the round

Hope you didn't put a multi on that

Reply #772929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flyers! Use your bench!!! Ffs!

Reply #772938 | Report this post

Wang whipper  
Years ago

No multi, but I did put an unders bet on Sydney v Townsville. Line was 155.5, the two teams put up 155 between them.

Reply #772941 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I see that we have a few threads that think they know something about BB.
Sydney wouldn't have won their two games without Kunek. She has improved her game, don't know if it was the Euro games or 3x3 but she has improved.

Once Smart is back they will win some more.

Reply #772953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Yeh cool post bro. Figuring out that Kunek has improved? You must be a real "BB" genius.

Reply #772956 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Flyers! Use your bench!!! Ffs!

Lol having three games in 5 days you would "think" a coach would have come to that conclusion before the three games began to ensure they had enough legs to carry them, but if they have no confidence in their bench then this is what happens.
Never understand why coaches choose players that they don't believe can get the job done, even off the bench .

Reply #772984 | Report this post

mags  
Years ago

I can't help but be disappointed with the league, the players deserve better than this 'streaming' fiasco week in week out, paired with the inability to access the league website. Imagine how much more exposure the league would get by getting these little things right.

Honestly, how hard would it be to put the streams up on YouTube like NBL1, or at the very least allow us to re-watch the games on the league website.

Reply #773279 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Meanwhile I just checked the Lynx stream and it seems fine, but the league didn't even bother to tweet a link to it, or any acknowledgement whatsoever that this game was occurring. They seemed to wake up to it after the Lynx tweeted the quarter time score.
It's a basket case this season, and I don't mean the good kind that does Robyn Maher interviews.

When people mention the stream fails they are met with defensive replies like "you can still follow the live stats", when actually you can't do that either because the technical issues take the whole WNBL website down.

I'm a diehard so whatever, but if they're trying to attract casual fans they've got no chance at the moment. The average punter who expects things like working websites and an on-the-ball social media presence just isn't going to persist through a month long failfest.

Reply #773334 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

On a more poaitive note it may be a ref whistle extravaganza here tonight but Ebzery just put up 21 in that half so that was fun.

Reply #773336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lauren cannot run a league, just give it to lk before you ruin women's bball.

Reply #773337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And now the Lynx stream has stalled.what a shit show

Reply #773343 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It's an absolute joke this live streaming, for a professional league they should be ashamed of themselves for such an abysmal attempt at live-streaming, it’s round 5 and still they can’t get it right.
Agree why can’t they just do what NBL1 did with replays and YouTube, frankly WNBL powers that be need cleaning out if they can’t even get something as simple as this up and running, they should actually have brokered something with a TV deal , they have had plenty of time.

Reply #773344 | Report this post

mags  
Years ago

It's a shame it gets so snarky (especially on twitter) when people discuss being unable to view the streams. I'm sure most of the people who are tweeting them actually do want to see the league and want it to be given the respect and airtime it deserves.

That said, I really enjoyed the Lynx stream last night - I liked their interviews at half time and post game, something which I haven't seen in prior streams I'd viewed, though to be fair I haven't been able to view all that many of them so far this season. A shame it wasn't a closer game, but the Lynx definitely needed to come out with a point to prove and they certainly did.

Reply #773387 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754