Anonymous
Years ago

Julian Newman to the NBL?

Julian Newman video on American overtime YouTube channel

Is Julian Newman Joining LAMELO BALL In The NBL!? Julian & Jaden Link With QUAVO & Floyd Mayweather!

Is this legit? Check out the video at 8:41 is that a so called Australian NBL coach?

Topic #46320 | Report this topic

ME  
Years ago

You've made this pretty vague and sketchy to follow. How about post links and help us out a bit? I mean, what Overtime channel are you even talking about?

Reply #773667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, he reminds me of a young jerome randle

Reply #773668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry I forgot I was talking to old guys

Go to google type in overtime YouTube
Then go to videos and it's the second video.

Or highlight this:

Is Julian Newman Joining LAMELO BALL In The NBL!? Julian & Jaden Link With QUAVO & Floyd Mayweather!

Then click look up your phone will do all the work for you.
Is that a bit clearer ME?

Reply #773669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this scout/coach really from the the NBL or is he a fraud maybe the NBL need to check this out.

Reply #773676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sorry I forgot I was talking to old guys"

Yet the existence of timestamped links remains illusive to OP.

Reply #773678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The OP full of shit.

Reply #773679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol time stamps are soooo yesterday

This thread isn't about how someone posts something it’s about the content of the video.

Reply #773681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl guy was an Adelaide scout, would be a good fit and fit the team culture.

Reply #773682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The OP probably a midget like Newman lol.

Reply #773685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL this dude isn't even touted a HS prospect.

Will be lucky to even get a D1 gig in College.

Reply #773687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the NBL protocol to just walk up to young players randomly?
Would this be for next season?

Reply #773691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Op posting fire.... in his own little world.

Reply #773698 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Reminds me of cat chat

Reply #773700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bro that's brad Rosens brother ! Warren Rosen. He was volunteer with Bevo last season lol

Reply #773704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Op posting fire.... in his own little world.)

No, it's interesting to see how the next stars program is working and influencing young Americans bball players and how NBL teams go about finding new talent.
It’s great to see the NBL grow like this.

Talking about fire a quick shoutout to the people from northern nsw and se qld who have lost their homes and poor people who lost their lives, it’s been devastating. And I’m hoping everyone stays safe over the next week in that area and also greater Sydney area and now I hear Perth as well.
Stay safe all.

Reply #773708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meh post decent content. Don't be an arrogant jerk about it, when asked for some links better content etc

Reply #773709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Wow talk about arrogant jerks

Reply #773723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The content is about the NBL, next stars, Adelaide 36's and the future of the NBL don’t you want to know about those things?

Reply #773724 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Horrible YouTube series.

Here's the link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DBHV8gh6hSs

Skip to about the 8 minute mark. Some big aussie guy with a "Team Oz" shirt says he’s an NBL coach and offers the male kid a contract.

Nothing to see here.

Reply #773725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks like Adelaide 36's are after this kid for next years next stars program thats what I’m seeing here. Big news Adelaide fans. The video has had over 1.1 million views in 1 day.

Reply #773727 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

He'll get lots of clicks but isn’t anywhere near nbl standard let alone D1 level

Reply #773728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why would Adelaide be after him like this? They must see something about him.

Reply #773730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wiki
Julian Newman (born September 6, 2001) is an American amateur basketball player who attends Prodigy Prep in Orlando, Florida. He stands 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m) and plays the point guard position.
Newman garnered attention in 2012 for his viral highlight videos on YouTube, while playing varsity basketball for Downey Christian School in fifth grade. He sparked polarized opinions, with some outlets touting him as a child prodigy and others criticizing the way he was marketed.

Reply #773732 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

LaMelo Lite

Reply #773733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wigness - Cairns
King - Brisbane
Giddey - Melbourne
Maker - Perth
Adelaide? Julian Newman, he ain't got 1 offer from D1. All about publicity...
SE.M? Jalen suggs
Sydney? Greg brown
NZ? Jalen Green
Illawara? Zaire Williams

Best scenario for next year atm.

Reply #773734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next stars will become next stashed.
Nba teams sending there just drafted internationals here to play.

Reply #773735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^That's what I was thinking, possibly 2nd round picks

Reply #773739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Best scenario for next year atm.)

What about Tasmania?

Reply #773743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Yes, he reminds me of a young jerome randle)

Yeah and he looks like Scott Machado with that haircut.

Reply #773744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tasmania is likely 21/22 season.

Reply #773746 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

So the league becomes the youtube/insta league?

If you have clicks/follows you get a roster spot?

The 2 guys we currently have at least will be in the NBA in 12 months time but this kid is no chance to make the NBA or event he G-League so can;t imagine anyone int he NBL would actually be intereted otherwise why bother running a pro league and lets just become the Insta globe trotters and play for clicks!

Reply #773756 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I actually couldn't bare watch that video to completion. I think this is another one of those deals where the kid is being told a furphy.

Reply #773762 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Okay, just fast-forwarded to this "Australian coach". If you guys think it's Warren Rosen, maybe it is. But I'm hearing an American accent. I'm also seeing someone wearing a T shirt that seems, I don't know, a bit too "loud and obvious". It's not an official NBL shirt, but it's "OZ Basketball". I am smelling scam right here.

Also, I am fairly certain the first person to make contact with Next Stars is Jeremy Loeliger. I don't think they send some random jock strap out to watch kids at local outdoor tournaments. Jeremy says he doesn't even really know what is happening with the potential number 1 pick who is not college eligible whose name deserts me. I doubt he's all in the know about some entirely average school kid who shows out on a random street court.

Reply #773763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This midge is barely better than brendan teys so i think Adelaide will be keen. They did sign that deleon guy last year so an undersized chucker might be there type ala jerome randle.

Reply #773767 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

No. The whole thing just doesn't follow the protocol of how next stars works. Loeliger is the first port of call, not some random dude wearing a conspicuous "Oz basketball" t shirt. It wouldn't even surprise me if the Newman family staged it as a publicity stunt.

Reply #773770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the NBL needs to know about this it looks dodge. Not a good look for the NBL.
This is why the NBL needs someone like Aaron Brooks working for them to liaison with potential next star and potential import talent. He's very recognisable in America with basketball fans and he knows the NBL system.

Reply #773786 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I've written to both Kestleman and Loeliger about it. I think it's a scam to be perfectly honest, or a publicity stunt (maybe in hope of getting a better college deal?) Either way what they do with the information is up to them but I smell a rat.

Reply #773787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's Woz. They they take a team of kids away every year to the USA. Involved with Randy someone from the USA/OZ.
Dodgy is a good word.

The kid in the video, NBL? Nope, not ever.

Reply #773789 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Well the fat guy in the video talking about how his game proved it with "the pros". What "pros" were playing that game? Defense was probably a lower standard than you see at your average Golden Grove Rec game.

Reply #773790 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Ah okay, yeah I loooked into it/ It's Warren Rosen. So maybe NBL are actually interested in this kid? God knows why.

Reply #773792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has potential just needs some proper coaching. Nbl would be great place for his development. I'm pretty sure a former Nbl assistant coach would know more than you dipshit ME.

Reply #773795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still looks dodgy as even if he is from the NBL.
Not very professional for the 2nd best league in the world to offer contracts to next stars in this way.

Reply #773799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't offer him a contract in the video you idiot. Also isn't the 2nd best league in the world.

Reply #773802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And that midget ain't no Next Star.

Reply #773806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would probably rip up the Philippines League. But that midge ain't ever be good enough to play in the nbl.

Reply #773809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that why the NBL scout is talking to him?
So he can tell him he won't make the NBL.

And I guess when the NBL say their the second best league in the world that really means that they’re actually the 10th best league in the world.

But hay I guess your the expert on the next star program and the NBL in general.

Reply #773811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you watch the video

Julian's dad was saying the NBL scout was was trying to sell him on the possibility of bringing him over to Australia to play and to forget about playing in China bring him to Australia.
Sounds like the early contract negotiations to me.

And now the NBL will be banned in China "doh"

Reply #773814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no idea what is going on in this thread. Sounds like some youtube drama.

Reply #773818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide is looking at a potential next star
Julian Newman

Reply #773819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No midgets allowed.

Reply #773821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^I don't thinks it’s up to you Anonymous
If that’s your real name.

Reply #773823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like he will replace jerome randle next year. Heard Julian's dad is a good coach, so maybe Joey is getting replaced too.

Reply #773832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Brad Rosen work for the nbl? He was the one who offeref the contract to Juilan Newman in the video.

Reply #773834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Jerome Newman is offering a contract to Julian Randlerosen? Ridiculous, I'm emailing Larry Loelinger.

Reply #773836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw that kid years ago when his videos went "viral". He's all hype. Never in my life have I seen such ridiculously atrocious over-dribbling. He has zero feel for the game of basketball. His family is disgusting in terms of prostituting him out for fame/attention. Julian Newman is pretty much the Kim Kardashian of basketball.... but all he does is over-dribble to show off his (mostly useless) "sick handles".

Reply #773841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow so many haters here. Julian Newman is a point god and ha handles better than Jerome Randle.

Reply #773842 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

NBL clearly isn't second best league in the world, but it'd be around top 5-7. 10th would be a cop out

Reply #773848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In ranking the nbl - remember a lot of European leagues alllow 6 imports compared to 3 in the nbl plus a next star

Reply #773850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(NBL clearly isn't second best league in the world, but it'd be around top 5-7. 10th would be a cop out)

I'm just going off what the NBL are telling everyone.

Reply #773857 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

lolz to the guy saying he is an NBL coach...even funnier that people take that as a contract offer or contact!

Its such youtube/snapshat hype its ridiculous.

I guess is dad happy to sell and market his kids for that gram money!

Reply #773858 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"He has potential just needs some proper coaching. Nbl would be great place for his development. I'm pretty sure a former Nbl assistant coach would know more than you dipshit ME."

Yeah, I suppose no one here can be critical of any player or coach, past or present, because by that reasoning, they all should know more than any one of us. Operative word being "should".

And by the way, what is your professional basketball standing that you can rely upon to say this kid "has potential" and that "the NBL would be a great place for his development"?

We all know why people are you are anonymous. It's so you can say absolute bullshit and no one can fact check you and hold you to account for it.

Reply #773860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zac Delaney played for the hawks amd he was a midget so i guess Julian Newman can be a next star.

Reply #773862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(lolz to the guy saying he is an NBL coach...even funnier that people take that as a contract offer or contact!)

He's introduced as a pro coach from Australia the NBL and he’s from the team that signed LaMelo. And the pro coach tells them don’t go to China.

If he’s not a coach who is he?, what team does he represent?, if it’s not initial contact what is it? And are you saying Julian’s dad is full of crap about a potential deal?

Reply #773879 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

This smells like a set up for the cameras as he doesn't look super confident stating he is an nbl coach.

Seems like fake news trying to keep those clicks coming.

Reply #773881 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Yeah well even if it is Warren Rosen, who the hell is he apparenntly coaching in the NBL? lol.

Reply #773882 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I'm not sure what's more unintentionally hilarious - that video or ME's meltdown.

Reply #773889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warren Rosen was an assistant coach at the hawks last year.

Reply #773890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^What team does he work for now?

Reply #773891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Julian going to be the next melo at the hawks?

Reply #773892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can find PL guards better than this kid, he can maybe get 20ppg in the China league, NBL is a long shot

Reply #773893 | Report this post

Wang whipper  
Years ago

So many ill-informed posts in this thread. I'm going to email Adam Silver about it. What he does next is up to him.

Reply #773896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What sort of points would he get in the NBL ?
10, 15 and a few assists maybe?

Reply #773897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME. Quit while you are behind. Seriously give this topic a wide berth. Oh wait too late. Pretty sure Wazza was Sydney Kings asst coach at one stage too.

Reply #773899 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Just watched the video.

Looks like a third rate reality show, based on a family "Newman".

Please don't take any of this seriously. They’re already making money on advertising on their “show”.

Reply #773931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Please don't take any of this seriously. They're already making money on advertising on their "show".)

So because their making money from advertising on their show no one should take them seriously?

Isn’t that what every show does including the NBL?

Reply #773943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL has credibility. The Newman's don't.

Reply #773947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It gets around 4 million viewers per episode how many viewers do they need to get credibility?
That's a lot more than any NBL game including hawks games.
After seeing how the NBL go about recruiting new next stars how credible is the NBL?

Reply #773950 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

The NBL might need the "Newmans" to keep up there facebook veiws and social clicks they keep talking so much about.

Reply #773971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julian Newman is tiny, hasn't got a single D1 offer, his shots messed up, over dribbles and isn't a high-flyer. He would struggle to be DP level in the NBL. Waste of time even discussing it. All this hype has been manufactured by his team to keep ratings going on his show.

Reply #773975 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Views and credibility aren't necessarily the same thing. How many views has Two Girls and One Cup got?

Reply #773985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So this show approached the so called NBL pro coach and made him say come and play in Australia?

Reply #773986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How many views has Two Girls and One Cup got?"

By me? Today? I'm at work so not that many.

Reply #773988 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Perhaps Newman is america's answer to Zac Delany? He can be rolled off the bench like a human victory cigar?

Reply #773989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(How many views has Two Girls and One Cup got?)

Whats that?

Reply #773996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Google it

Reply #773999 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This is going to be good.

Reply #774000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't google it, it will end your life.

Reply #774183 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:25 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754