Anonymous
Years ago

Feb 2020 boomers squad.

This is not an Olympic qualifying tournament.
It's the start 2021 Asia cup campaign.
This team will be made of NBL players.
My squad is
H Froling
Sobey
Magnay
Noi
Blanchfield
Goulding
McCarron
Lual-Acil
Kay
Creek
Stephens
Moller

Topic #46362 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Cotton?

Reply #775792 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Cotton isn't Australian.

Bloody hell there are some idiots on here today.

Reply #775794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Cotton is eligible he is a lock.
Plenty of players I have left out was a rush OP.
Norton and Adnam even most improved candidate Shaun Bruce a chance.

Will Weaver be the coach?

Reply #775796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He could be real soon.

Cotton / or Adnam/Norton/Bruce, 1 of
Mccarron
Sobey
Goulding
Dech
Creek
Noi
Kay
Pineau
Magnay
Hodgson
Acuil

Reply #775799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz is losing his shit. Chill dude, it's a forum, you need a snickers.

Reply #775800 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Snickers are terrible.

Reply #775803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Odoylerulz would be better.

Reply #775804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snickers are delicious.

Reply #775807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson- Jawai
Kay- Magney- Kyei
Newley- Moller
Goulding- Sobey
McCarron- Adnam - Dech
Mixture youth experience and lots interchangeable players. Kay 4/5 Newley 2/3 Moller 3/4 Sobey and McCarron 1/2. Johnson 4/5. Dech 1/2.
All these players are playing well at present.

Reply #775811 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Harry Froling is a long way from contention, based on current form and attitude. His brother, on the other hand, might be worth a punt.

Reply #775812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snickers are the best, don't @ me.

Reply #775815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Cotton isn't Australian.)

He's becoming an Australian citizen ya dip stick.

Reply #775823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try and make it a 26 or younger squad with Kay and Goulding added as they are the only 2 who in my opinion have a remote chance of being included in Tokyo team.

Best 25&Under
Magnay
Moller
Lual-Acil
Noi
Dech
S Froling
Pineau
Adnam
H Froling
Norton
Majok Deng

+ Kay who is only 27 and Goulding.

Reply #775824 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Our Asia Cup qualifying group has a real NBL feel to it with NZ and qualifiers Guam two of the other three teams in our group.

Reply #775829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this window just before playoffs? If so you'd probably remove the players from the top 4 teams

Reply #775856 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I doubt it since we face NZ in the first match.

Reply #775858 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

If Cotton is naturalised in time and wants to play, he can select the coach, right? ;-)

Reply #775869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will any guys from Europe be available?

Reply #775873 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

The lesson for all those on Koberulz's case is to, yourself, chill out. No need gang up and berate someone like animals. Doesn't achieve anything and makes you look like a dickhead. I've learned no doubt. Unfortunately it's becoming more accepted to bash people for opposing views. It's ugly.

So everyone just chill, and remember... fk Perth

Reply #775878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu what are you Koberulz burner?? Everyone hates koberulz because his an asshole to everybody. Someone makes a simple mistake when writing something and he bashes them for it. Not to mention he is arrogant af and thinks he knows everything which he doesn't!

Reply #775882 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

*he's

Reply #775884 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

The Anon that mention Adnam should have there IP
Blocked from posted on hoops

Reply #775885 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Any chance Josh Green flies in for it? I suppose the timing makes it tricky...

Reply #775893 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I don't see any leadership, Damo to captain for his last international hurrah. Even if he doesn't play much, thats the guy you want motivating and firing up the rest of the squad.

Reply #775899 | Report this post

Ware2Bogut  
Years ago

Adnam should be a lock.

Reply #775904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We better fast track Cotton's citizenship. Similar to what England do with all of their international cricketers.

Reply #775910 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Senator11, there's no way Damo could lead today's youngsters - he's too old school.

Reply #775917 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Senator11, there's no way Damo could lead today's youngsters - he's too old school."

I think the NBL guys who are likely to play all respect him immensely, like I said he doesn't need to play, sit on the end of the bench and provide that leadership in training sessions. Easily the best NBL captain of the last decade.

Reply #775918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steindl ahead Moller, no way. Adnam should also be in. No Barlow as well, can we concentrate on 26 and under with Jawai and Johnson in the five foe experience.

Who is going to coach this side?

Reply #775921 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

For the sake of argument, as far as I'm aware teams are allowed only one naturalized player, thus all those born outside of Australia can't be simply included ie Noi, Cotton... for this reason Opals also could not include some really good players.

Reply #775956 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Would Noi count as a naturalised player?

Reply #775968 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

PG - Sobey/Norton
SG - Goulding/McCarron
SF - Creek/Blanchfield
PF - Kay/Barlow/Moller
C - Johnson/Jawai/Froling

I think having players that can play multiple positions will help us tremendously. Especially guys like Creek/Barlow who can play 3-4, Kay/Johnson/Froling 4-5, Sobey/Goulding/McCarron 1*-3.

We can go small ball and have a Sobey/Goulding/McCarron/Creek/Kay line up which sounds enticing!

Of course if we are excluding eligibility rules than I think Cotton and Noi should be included.

PG - Sobey/McCarron
SG - Goulding/Cotton*
SF - Creek/Blanchfield/Noi
PF - Kay/Barlow/Moller
C - Johnson/Jawai

Reply #775970 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

I assume that this will be the last hoorah for our main Boomers, the ones who will play in Tokyo.

I also see that most of the players in 2 of the last 3 posts for our "B" team are probably our better/best NBL'ers but they will have no say in our future.

Certainly we need and want a few of them in there. Leadership, international experience, etc., but the majority of this squad should be younger players who have the tools to get the job done.

This squad from ME:
Norton, McCarron, Goulding*, Sobey*, Creek*, Blanchfield, Kay, Barlow,Johnson, Jawai, Noi*, Steindl is no more that a "Thank you". I don't even think they are the best team we could enter anyway

I can see Goulding*, Sobey*, Creek* & Noi* having a chance at future involvement with the Boomers squad (at least) but the others..? Not really.

If the up-coming events are important, it would seem better to any have issues with inexperience etc earlier in the international season than later. You have time to turn things around.

If the up-coming events are NOT important, then it's a perfect intro for our younger players of note.

For these reasons, I offer the following:
Goulding
Sobey
Creek
Deck
Hodgson
Magnay
Majok Deng
Sam Fro-ling
Lual-Acuil
Kay
Pineau
Acouth
Majok Majok
Ater Majok
and, 1 of (naturalisation rule. For that matter, what about all the Sudo-Australians I've mentioned, do they all qualify?)
Noi
Cotton

That's 16 names, and there will & should be others, who hopefully can get the current job done and improve from there.
(Don't even want to try to name all our future prospects 'cos of offending any whom I leave off!).

Reply #776003 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Typo/non-typo.
better to any have* issues/better to have any* issues
and, yes I meant Sudo-Australians, not pseudo-Australians.

Reply #776004 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ater Majok I hope that was also a typo.

Reply #776005 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Ben Simmons
Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone
Traffic Cone
Jonah Bolden

Reply #776007 | Report this post

A.  
Years ago

Norton...lol

Reply #776011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" For these reasons, I offer the following:
Goulding 
Sobey
Creek
Deck
Hodgson
Magnay
Majok Deng
Sam Fro-ling
Lual-Acuil
Kay
Pineau
Acouth
Majok Majok
Ater Majok
and, 1 of (naturalisation rule. For that matter, what about all the Sudo-Australians I've mentioned, do they all qualify?)
Noi
Cotton

That's 16 names, and there will & should be others, who hopefully can get the current job done and improve from there. 
(Don't even want to try to name all our future prospects 'cos of offending any whom I leave off!). "

yes, Good list.
Many of the Sudanese Australians have not been given a chance by lemanis and many of them are better players than some players used by lemanis.

under lemanis we never have had fair selections of players I am afraid. If you play for the bullets and you are white you get selected, abilities of players is only secondary.

Reply #776013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pineau lol people got be kidding.

#013 you can take the majority of that list straight off.

Reply #776020 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

Had to check this naturalization rule - FIBA consider players naturalized if they obtained their dual citizenship after age of 16. For this matter Noi is not considered a naturalized player as he played for Australia when he was 16/17. Not sure about others, so I guess that will need to be determined on a case to case basis.

Reply #776022 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:24 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754