Jack Toft
Years ago

Brisbane v Adelaide Nov 22

Round 8 kicks off with the Adelaide 36ers going up to Brisbane to play the Adelaide 18ers. Half their starting 5 are former Sixers, so this is just like a training drill. Why wouldn't you want to go to Brisbane and play under the National Coach? Although, Mr Vukona, Adelaide could always do with another guy over 30.

Both teams are 4 and 5 and are still in the hunt for a top 4 spot. You would think that we know who the top 3 will be (just need to wok out the order) and then 4th spot will be taken by one of 3 to 4 teams. Ah.... round 1 of finals. The privilege of finishing fourth only to be embarrassed in finals by the number 1 team.

Brisbane are coming off of two losses. Taipans bit them hard, and before that the Kings showed them the standard they need to achieve to stay in finals. Adelaide looked like it was going to be 5 losses in a row, then Joey realised he couldn't count to 5 so the team obliged with a win.

Adelaide looked a lot more fluid and synchronised last game. Better rotations, better matchups and better shooting. We need to see plenty more of that from them if they want to assert dominance over the Brisbane 18ers. Surprisingly the Bullets have been routinely out boarded in most games. But, the Bullets Bench has been consistent this season and is one of the stronger ones with former possible future son-in-law Cadee averaging 10 off the bench offering that scoring punch that is required.

These are the kind of pressure cooker games that at the end of the season a coach will say, during his contract renegotiation, "if only we had of won that game" as they miss out on finals by %, or a game. In this case, coaches need to a little smart because they need to take risks to get the win, but no dumb risks like spinning the barrel of a six-shooter. But you know what they say about Russian Roulette, 5 out of 6 people think it's a great game.

I think the Sixers will fancy themselves in this one, and I think if they keep their heads screwed on like they did against SEM, then Joey can hold up two fingers to the haters to say he has got back to back wins.

Topic #46364 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Adelaide got this I reckon

Reply #775992 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Even though it's in Brisbane after the Sixers performance against a superior SEM team I'm feeling quite confident plus we owe these guys for snatching the final playoff spot from us last season. Just stand three feet off of Sobey and he'll do the rest.

Sixers by 8

Reply #775999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha agreed about Sobey. I think the Bullets will win, I have zero faith in the 36ers and how they're playing. No consistency and who knows how the Bullets will 'play for' Lemanis after this weeks news.

Bullets by 6, Patterson to break it open.

Reply #776002 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

I'm hoping for a Bullets W but can't see it. Adelaide definitely improved last week and Brisbane didn't. 2-way inconsistency may gift the game to the home side.

Reply #776006 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

XztatiK has awoken from a long hibernation!

Reply #776014 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sixers in a canter. JR DJ AD and all playing very well or at least consistently well. Lesser roles players are now contributing.... Brisbane just so inconsistent and sobey Hodgkin and cadee are that to a tee.no way Sixers let cadee or indeed sorbet have a night out and the big fella
Well by half time he have 4 fouls and becomes non issue. Said before having cadee against is worth extra player for you. His brain fades are always useful. Expect Eric to continue his upward trend. Defensive not an issue because brisbane are leaky pipes anyway.

Reply #776023 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Bullets in a canter. Adelaide will not win 2 in a row as Jerome 'chucker' Randle will not have a shooting night like last week. You also can't win games with Brendan Teys as a starter.

Reply #776026 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

You also can't win games with Brendan Teys as a starter.

They did just three days ago.

Reply #776040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man I bet 1/2 a house on the Bullets last weekend.

Hopefull the 6'ers get the W. I hate betting on the Sixers.

Reply #776043 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Hodgkin?

Reply #776047 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hodgkin's lymphoma?

Reply #776056 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Was leaning 36ers all week, but maybe, just maybe these guys come good for Lemanis after being relieved of national duties, not to mention Gliddon, Sobey and Cadees's Boomer careers are prob over too. If they lose, Brisbane are beyond broken.

Reply #776134 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Buzz by 12

Reply #776135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getting a fresh Brisbane is a lot different to playing SEM who played 48hrs earlier. Plus SEM aren't that good! Moore will no doubt have recovered from his (cough...cough) 'calf tightness'. You can get away with that crap once but reality is the Sixers need him and need him playing well. SEM couldn't hit the side of a barn against the Sixers zone but Brisbane will be a different proposition. Expect Gliddon and Cadee to go off in this one. Randle plays well Sixers have a chance, has a job done on him and a quiet one and Brisbane win.

Reply #776138 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If Cadee goes off. Hit and miss. That's the issue. Randle will get off for sure. Always does. Brissy such a lukewarm team it's all.if if if with them that's if they get it rite. Or if they get it wrong against wright it be like a cadee prayer. Hoping but with no hope.

Reply #776146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadee has had his two good games this season. Brisbane should still get this at home in a tight one.

Reply #776153 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wouldn't a lot of these Bullets players, especially the new additions, be deflated now the Boomers carrot is gone and they're stuck on a poorly constructed team of a soulless franchise? I would be. Sixers by lots.

Reply #776155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they are realistic to know once all NBA players are available, they won't be in the Boomers colours, regardless of who is coach.

Reply #776158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wearing my JC5 shirt to the match tonight. Hope Cadee keeps up the good form, if he does Adelaide have no chance. Bullets will win by at least 15 points.

Reply #776159 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Safe to say Sobey probably doesn't have a future in commentary.

Reply #776194 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Shane Heal commentating Cadee. This'll be good.

Reply #776196 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Shane Heal commentating Harry Froling will probably be even better.

Reply #776197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder what Shane Heal thinks about Brett Brown taking over the Boomers? Has he made any comments? Is he allowed to mentioning Brown?

He sure as hell has made it known, Lemanis is an idiot for the Bullets roster that's been assembled.

Reply #776203 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Given Brett Brown sued him I doubt he would be overly complementary.

Reply #776204 | Report this post

trayvis  
Years ago

good offensive game , good pace , I like it

Reply #776206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac, that's what I'm alluding too. Is Heal even legally allowed to make comment publicly about Brett Brown? Makes it awkward, considering Heal's affiliation with Australian Basketball and his mic gig.

Reply #776207 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Teys lighting it up!! Great game so far.

Reply #776208 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Ok anon wasn't sure but I would've thought he would be allowed to talk about Brown?

Reply #776209 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If the Bullets are able to shut down Teys they might win this game yet.

Reply #776210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah was just curious considering the history.

Sobey stating to roll, he is a lot of things, but when he makes the 3, he does become a hard hard cover.

Reply #776211 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Drmic explodes to the ring!

Reply #776212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't think he had that sort of quick hops in him!

Sobey uptimes 5 3s at the other end, no sign of stopping. Adelaide have always been great and letting past players embarrass them.

Reply #776213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

God there's some weak as piss techs and unsportsmanlike fouls

Reply #776214 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

What a joke this review is. Just play on. The umpires making themselves more important than they actually are. Double T for that. Are you serious?!?

Reply #776215 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Agree 100% on the weak techs and USFs. Drmic looking real good lately.

Reply #776216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could you imagine if someone already had a tech for a flop or something, then got a tech for either of those, gets kicked out of the game?

Reply #776217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dillon is way more deserving than the minimal minutes he has played so far this season. His body looks very well suited to the NBL level.

Reply #776218 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

First time hearing Teys speak... didn't expect him to sound like that.

Reply #776219 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Fingers crossed we have more fouls, phantom foul calls and pointless replay reviews in the second half. Great stuff.

Reply #776221 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Any game involving Video Vaughn eventually becomes a farce. That double T and delay was just not needed, but the refs do enjoy some air time.

Reply #776223 | Report this post

Ware2Bogut  
Years ago

Brendan 'goat' Teys been reading this forum for some motivation

Reply #776224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The European guy is the worst ref in the league....

Reply #776225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those Adelaide jerseys sure look plain on the telecast.

Still not sure why Brisbane is wearing a black and white jersey, a colour combination that has zip to do with the city itself.

Reply #776226 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Bullets jerseys look too much like the old Kings jerseys.

Reply #776227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just tuned in and my app is saying Teys has 18 points.

I'm assuming it must be glitching, its the only realistic explanation.

Reply #776228 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Teys heard those that doubted his greatness, now they understand.

Reply #776229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That jersey needed the city to be in a colourful Vegas neon, to highlight the BrisVegas angle. But that would be too much thinking.

As for the anon calling out the euro ref... in the voice of David Brent, 'racist' lol

Reply #776230 | Report this post

Ware2Bogut  
Years ago

Geeez Lemanis makes some horrible subs

Reply #776231 | Report this post

Ware2Bogut  
Years ago

Brendan Teys is the Grey Mamba

Reply #776232 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Teys is simply unguardable

Reply #776233 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

No wonder Lemanis was sacked from the Boomers, how could Teys have been left off the World Cup squad?

Reply #776234 | Report this post

cosby  
Years ago

Teys is going to bang some groupies tonight.

Reply #776235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the commentators is really dumb (not Heal or Hooley). It must be because he's white.

Reply #776236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Howie sounding guy is painful.

Heal does my head in though. Says moire pressure on the Bullets to win, when both teams are shit at 4-5. They just love to sound intellectual.

Reply #776237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Howie doing the BBL T20s, but not a huge fan of him doing the basketball. Still feels like he's learning it a bit.

Reply #776238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Howard is not commentating, it's Cam Luke

Reply #776239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Griffin isn't the smartest guy, is he

Reply #776241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam Luke is straight trash. The problem is all the lead commentators are ass this season.

Reply #776242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Could you imagine if someone already had a tech for a flop or something, then got a tech for either of those, gets kicked out of the game?"

Lol predicted this.

Reply #776243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know this isn't Howie, but he sounds like him. I don't like Howie or this guy Cam Luke.

I think the only good thing about how bad these commentary teams are, is that there was a time when we would've died to have this poor of a quality if it meant the games were able to be watched on tv lol

Reply #776244 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Vaughan Mayberry should get the Bunnings player of the match award tonight.

Reply #776245 | Report this post

Hawkhead  
Years ago

These unsportsmanlike fouls are getting ridiculous. It encourages milking, which is not good for the game. Nothing in any of Cadee's unsportsmanlike fouls.

Reply #776247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also agree the Adelaide jerseys look like they were designed on Microsoft Paint.

Reply #776250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" These unsportsmanlike fouls are getting ridiculous."

Yep. There was nothing unsportsmanlike about the second. It was accidental. It happens, call a normal foul if you must and move on.

Reply #776252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey Wright may want to explain the DJ no show. Could've used his height on that defensive sequence, or lack there of.

Reply #776253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done sbs - cut out game with 30 seconds to go

Reply #776256 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

My goodness that's an impressive finish by Randle on the break.

Reply #776257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game is going way over the timeslot, thanks Refs

Reply #776258 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

What a game! Final play coming up. BNE 93-94 ADL with 15s left; BNE ball.

Reply #776259 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, awesome. Feed dead as Dillon goes to the line.

Reply #776260 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Has the stream died for anyone?

Reply #776261 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

103-104*

Reply #776262 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Wtf sbs.

Reply #776263 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Patterson fouled under the basket and scores - foul shot to come.

Reply #776264 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Twitch and ESPN perfect.

Reply #776265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Allowing offensive boards ughghhhhhh

Reply #776266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep feed died

Reply #776267 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I guess we can blame Mayberry for this too for making the game go so long because of his stupid fucking replays.

Reply #776268 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Patterson misses but Singler with the O board. Oh my.

Reply #776269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Allowing offensive boards ugggghhhhhhh

Reply #776270 | Report this post

Callisto 14  
Years ago

Great play Randle

Reply #776271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No time outs left for Adelaide? Surely call one instantly

Reply #776272 | Report this post

Ware2Bogut  
Years ago

Lamar Patterson is a beast

Reply #776273 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Singer 1/2; Randle misses the 3/4 buzzer beater. FT BNE 106-104 ADL for all you cutoff people.

Reply #776274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's bavk

Reply #776275 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Singler*

Reply #776276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes feed dropped out but went to nbl tv to see finish. Neither side deserves to make finals, defence is a dirty word.

Reply #776279 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

More than happy to be wrong about my game prediction well done Bullets.

Reply #776281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BOX OUT YA FLOGS!!! MEMBERSHIP IN DA BIN!!

Reply #776282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey has a HUGE please explain in regards to sitting bigs down the stretch. The 36ers were exposed in about 2minutes, on the rebounds, game over.

4-6 now, another 'competitive loss', fans pissed off yet or happy to be mediocre?

Reply #776283 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

DJ has calf tightness.

Reply #776284 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

SBS stream died with about 1 minute to go awesome.

Reply #776285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Cite"

Reply #776286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Koberulz, source/link?

Doesn't explain Froling not being out there.

Reply #776289 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Froling also has calf tightness.

Reply #776291 | Report this post

Rico  
Years ago

Just stupid to leave Johnson sitting on the pine at crunch time.

Reply #776294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again Koberulz, source or link to this please?

Reply #776296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson was absolutely awful, had his head up his arse whenever he was on. I don't blame joey at all for sitting him.late, didn't deserve anymore minutes

Reply #776297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IF he was fit, the team diserved to have his big body out there to grab a solitary rebound. Cmon, the count was 38-38 BUT the Bullets got a heap down the stretch.

Joey needs to pick and choose when to make his point about poor play.

Reply #776298 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

[citation needed]

Reply #776299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson was absolutely awful, had his head up his arse whenever he was on. I don't blame joey at all for sitting him.late, didn't deserve anymore minutes

Reply #776300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to Koberulz he had calf tightness, but it could be some sort of sarcasm attempt. I highly doubt both DJ and Froling had this issue. Lemanis got the win though, so a few here will be happy for their main man lol

Reply #776303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would argue that we only had them.missing down the stretch due to the d being better as DJ sat his sulky arse down.
I get that we didn't tidy up the boards, but with DJ out there in the mood he was in, they would have just been making the shots in the first place.

Reply #776304 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Good lord people. Do I really have to spell this out?

Zero Adelaide players have had calf tightness in the past two weeks.

Reply #776308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson is a defensive asset to Brisbane.

Reply #776310 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yeah yeah the Moore cover story but what did you expect? No one understands subtlety on here.

Reply #776311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thankyou for clarifying KR. In future, assume we don't all post/follow as much as you may do, and havent caught up with all the inside jokes/humour you choose to display.

Good lord KR.

Reply #776312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld, in the heat of the live tweets, and the bizarre lack of subs by Joey, the subtly was definitely lost in the moment. I'm more than ok with not being on top of the cool guy posts lol

Reply #776313 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Personally I enjoyed the opportunity you created for me to write kr's favourite line in his preferred format.

Reply #776314 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Buzzas maaaaaaaaaaaate

Reply #776316 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Johnson is slowly getting past it unfortunately.

Reply #776319 | Report this post

Power  
Years ago

Dj's problem is not calf tightness it's lack of heart

Reply #776322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ will probably come good again, but he has more bad than good games left. Father Time is knocking

Reply #776324 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

NBL should have a word with sbs, that's not on

Reply #776334 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

SBS just need to be prepared and put an extra 30 mins on the time slot whenever Video Vaughn is reffing.

Reply #776338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would help if started game at 7.30 instead 7.40. Brisbane games should be 7.00pm local time, 8.00pm daylight saving time.

Reply #776343 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Ideally, games in Brisbane should start no earlier than 7:30pm local time on Friday nights. The horrendous traffic woes ensure the Bullets will never be given best shot to draw optimum crowds when games tip at 6:40. Surely it makes little difference if VIC/NSW consumers are watching the game start at 8:30.

Reply #776372 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sounds like the last 30 seconds would have been interesting to watch
Would have loved to have seen it.
A numbing feeling, really when sbs went off.......

Reply #776373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

During daylight savings in the southern states it's better at 8.0/83.30 as you can eat out, have a bbq and be home to watch the game.

Reply #776374 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I don't understand the fascination with 7:30pm EDT. So rigid.

Reply #776375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even the afl start at 7.50 on Friday night in middle winter.

Reply #776376 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:45 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754