Violet Crumbles
Years ago

It's the way it Shatters that Matters

Is this the glass jaw moment for the Violet Crumbles?

Topic #46494 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Almost Gaze like display by Bill Beaver

Left Lisch out there too much when clearly he was struggling.
Throwing out bizarre rotations, and going to the end of his bench when the game is in the balance.

Maybe he should have recruited a starting PF that could actually rebound?

Reply #779150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly you have no idea of how the Violet Crubles tag was derived. Stupid topic.

Reply #779214 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Everybody loses at Perth. It's such a long flight, the other teams are discombobulated when they finally get there. Losing to Perth at Perth is hardly the end of the world. Got to give a lot of credit to Perth on away games. They fly a lot of hours. And of course they have big crowds. Which always helps. Any team. Not a lot to do in Perth. They shouldn't let the cameras pan to the stands.

Reply #779217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth, WA.

Wait Awhile.

Reply #779222 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Perth - it may as well be on another planet.

Reply #779224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Perth, WA.

Wait Awhile."

Oh ouch!

Reply #779251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Perth, WA.

Wait Awhile."

just not for championship's though amiright?

Reply #779549 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

:D

Reply #779661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Everybody loses at Perth"

LMFAO at the Crumbles and their pathetic bandwagon fans. Now you have humiliated yourselves on your home court as well.
"Ooohh but we were without Lisch and Didi". Okay, so you're down to only 3 Americans just like the rest of us. Quick better come up with some new ways to cheat.

I think from now on my mantra will be Ï support TWO NBL teams"
Adelaide, and whoever is playing Sydney.

Reply #783318 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I remember many years ago submitting a new entry for the term 'Violet Crumble' over at Urbandictionary - obviously in reference to the Kings - and it was declined, even with references to sources as required. It's an important piece of Australiana which I feel needs to get published. In honour of our rekindled league-wide anti-Sydney alliance let's collaborate to get it done. Who's in?

Reply #783320 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Think your argument is crunbling

Reply #783322 | Report this post

You're on your own bro.

Reply #783324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #783537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #783538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh Happy Day...

This season just keeps getting better and better. I cannot recall when I last enjoyed the total collapse of a team so much.
Oh where are the idiots who thought this dill should be coaching the Boomers? Straight back on the plane for you Mr Beaver. Anyone got Neilson's phone number?

Reply #783539 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

Tied with Perth for 1st. Might want to peek at the current standings before opening your pie hole.

Reply #783540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. Major players out injured and it's the Violet Crumbles.
Who here actually know the derivation of that usage. Very very few I suspect and losing tonight isn't the way the phrase should be used at all.

Reply #783542 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

They did their best last night in a poor attempt at a Cardiac Kings impression.

Reply #783737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Who here actually know the derivation of that usage. Very very few I suspect and losing tonight isn't the way the phrase should be used at all."

So you're saying that there is a different reason to bag the Kings? Ok, tell us that reason too then please.

Reply #783740 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754