Anonymous
Years ago

WNBL Round 12

http://wnbl.basketball/blog/news/wnbl20-round-12-preview/

I'm hearing Capitals vs Lynx @ AIS Arena on Sunday may be cancelled due to the fires

Topic #46639 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

We probably would have won this but for the sake of player welfare I would reluctantly accept if they cancel the game and share the points.

Reply #783894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure Andy would take that deal as well!

Reply #783903 | Report this post

Arpit Patel  
Years ago

When Perth admitted a team for the 1986 Women's Basketball Conference, the two women’s leagues could rightfully boast that between them they had a truly national competition. The Australian Basketball Federation approved the WBL’s application to be renamed the National Women’s Basketball League and a new era was underway.

Reply #783906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said, Arpit.

Reply #783963 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Caps-Lynx game cancellation is official
http://wnbl.basketball/blog/news/cancellation-announcement-rd-12-uc-capitals-v-perth-lynx/

Reply #784017 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Fair enough too. Player safety comes first. I was amazed the Sheffield Shield continued in Sydney when visibility was atrocious.

Reply #784019 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

They should of moved the game to Perth.

Reply #784058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bout dem spirits!

Reply #784132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can u replay streams yet?

Reply #784148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha baby steps. can you watch them live for more than 10 minutes without them crashing yet?

Reply #784154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Com Perth commentators have any idea

Reply #784158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can the lynx play even one full possession of defense yet?

Reply #784161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great effort from Spirit to overcome some absolutely woeful "officiating". At one point Epoupa grabbed a fistful of Heal's jersey and tried to pull it off, before the ball was inbounded and the ref (just a couple of metres away and looking directly at the two of them) just let it slide. A series of ridiculous mere brushes of body or hands were called and yet Epoupa seemed to have an open license to run around breaking wrists with gay abandon. Tracey Yorke gets my MVP for simply making it through the game without copping a tech.

Reply #784164 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

LOL Schwags and McGee-Stafford benched. Andy Stewart is struggling.

Reply #784167 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It's really weird to me that the WNBL doesn't even tweet when a game is about to start and include a link to the live stream. Not even minimal effort on their part. Is it because they're so ashamed of their steaming that they don't even want people trying to tune in anymore?
They tweeted a quarter time score so at least I was eventually reminded that there's a game on. Lightning up on the Flyers in the first half.

Reply #784513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's so poorly run, I wish it would fold so that kestleman is almost forced to takeover.

Reply #784516 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

a lazy 14 assists in the first half for Nicole Seekamp :O

Reply #784518 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Yikes at Seekamp's numbers.

IIRC she was donating $ to the bushfires with every assist as well!

Reply #784520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still not opals caliber player, can't shoot or defend.

Reply #784522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No local players are opals caliber but someone has to end up in the team

Reply #784532 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Lightning win 104-93 in a quality game.

Seekamp finishes with 20 assists, which apparently is not worthy of a mention for whatever intern is handling WNBL social media.

Reply #784539 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

The bushfire-postponed Capitals-Lynx game has been re-scheduled to Wed Jan 22 at 7pm

Reply #785467 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:22 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754