Lovebroker
Earlier this year

Who is the worst Wildcats Import Big of all time?

Seeing Dario Hunt play the last 2 weeks and the possibility of him being released had me thinking that he is one of the worst import bigs from the Wildcats I can remember.

Below are the ones that I can remember to fit into this category.

Jeff Allen - Was very unspectacular. Almost ruined the whole thing with a turnover in Q4 of SF3 against Giants causing Grace to foul out. His greatest contribution to the team was getting injured and missing the entire GF series.

Ontario Lett - A walking offensive foul. His post moves were very efficient at ending up a charge / turnover.

Derek Cooke Jnr - Runs like a Gazelle, plays basketball like a Potato.

Dario Hunt - Cannot set a proper screen to save his life. Free throws are suspect. Defensively does not hold a candle to Brandt, often looks lost on D. Turnover prone. If Majok Majok is taking your starting spot, you need to start considering playing in a place like the Philipines.

Dewey Michaels - A cult figure but that is all. Had that annoying lift the roof gesture with each score, thats all I can remember.

Who do you think is the worst or can you think of others?

Topic #46681 | Report this topic

Perthworld's big brother  
Earlier this year

Can think of other crap imports just not bigs..
Joe Shipp.

Reply #785080 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

AD Smith and it's not even close IMO

Reply #785081 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Earlier this year

One other guy I forgot was Andre 'The Beast' Brown.

Reply #785082 | Report this post

Trevor Torrance  
Earlier this year

Definitely Travis Lindstrom

Reply #785083 | Report this post

Trevor Torrance  
Earlier this year

and he is still in Perth!

Reply #785084 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

AD Smith and it's not even close IMO
Was Smith a big? I remember him as a three, although I only barely recall that he existed at all.

Reply #785088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this year

Dewey. Was only cult like, because he was basically embracing his lack of ability. One good looking rooster though I'll give him that.

Reply #785094 | Report this post

paul  
Earlier this year

Definitely not Hunt! He mightn't have starred, but he ain't in Lett, Michaels or Smith territory!

Reply #785096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this year

Dario doesn't belong in the same conversation as these guys. He's had a few really good games, just not consistent enough and hasn't learned how to stay out of foul trouble. His offensive rebounding has been a key to a few of the cats big wins.

Reply #785097 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Earlier this year

Jeff Allen was pretty bad but I was too young to really notice

Ontario Lett I felt could play but fouls prevented him from showing his best

Dewey Michaels was pretty average. Think he played at cairns after Perth and I was surprised he got another gig

Reply #785101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this year

dan hickert

Reply #785104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this year

Scott Roth.

Reply #785105 | Report this post

Mock  
Earlier this year

IIRC smith was an injury replacement for the great Andrew Vlahov but was more of a big.

Are there historical NBL stats available? I'm sure they would show Smith was an absolute BUM and far behind Hunt.

Reply #785235 | Report this post

Mock  
Earlier this year

Smith only lasted about 6 games I think.

Reply #785236 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Earlier this year

AD Smith - one of the nicest humans you'd ever meet, but yeah as for his on court performances.... Had a good three point shooting clip in college but was a little overwhelmed in the NBL. Had a decent career throughout Europe and is now doing very nicely back in his home state of Oregon selling real estate.

Reply #785240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this year

Dunnigan?

Reply #785284 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

This thread is worst, not greatest!!

Reply #785285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this year

Plumlee to be a flop. BOOK IT!

Reply #785286 | Report this post

Perthworld's big brother  
Earlier this year

Plumlee will be better than Hunt, Cooke Jr and McKay.

Reply #785392 | Report this post

Reply to this topic

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Rabbit 56

Rules:You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets

Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Close ads
Beam Orders - a quick, simple order and payments site for your business.
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms
Punch - insightful time tracking

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

Invoicing clients? Stay productive with Punch, the insightful time tracker that earns you more.

Special offer: $30/month Pay $100 for lifetime access. Sign up now!

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:47 am, Fri 30 Oct 2020 | Posts: 847,349 | Last 7 days: 382