Lovebroker
Years ago

Who is the worst Wildcats Import Big of all time?

Seeing Dario Hunt play the last 2 weeks and the possibility of him being released had me thinking that he is one of the worst import bigs from the Wildcats I can remember.

Below are the ones that I can remember to fit into this category.

Jeff Allen - Was very unspectacular. Almost ruined the whole thing with a turnover in Q4 of SF3 against Giants causing Grace to foul out. His greatest contribution to the team was getting injured and missing the entire GF series.

Ontario Lett - A walking offensive foul. His post moves were very efficient at ending up a charge / turnover.

Derek Cooke Jnr - Runs like a Gazelle, plays basketball like a Potato.

Dario Hunt - Cannot set a proper screen to save his life. Free throws are suspect. Defensively does not hold a candle to Brandt, often looks lost on D. Turnover prone. If Majok Majok is taking your starting spot, you need to start considering playing in a place like the Philipines.

Dewey Michaels - A cult figure but that is all. Had that annoying lift the roof gesture with each score, thats all I can remember.

Who do you think is the worst or can you think of others?

Topic #46681 | Report this topic

Can think of other crap imports just not bigs..
Joe Shipp.

Reply #785080 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

AD Smith and it's not even close IMO

Reply #785081 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

One other guy I forgot was Andre 'The Beast' Brown.

Reply #785082 | Report this post

Trevor Torrance  
Years ago

Definitely Travis Lindstrom

Reply #785083 | Report this post

Trevor Torrance  
Years ago

and he is still in Perth!

Reply #785084 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

AD Smith and it's not even close IMO
Was Smith a big? I remember him as a three, although I only barely recall that he existed at all.

Reply #785088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dewey. Was only cult like, because he was basically embracing his lack of ability. One good looking rooster though I'll give him that.

Reply #785094 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Definitely not Hunt! He mightn't have starred, but he ain't in Lett, Michaels or Smith territory!

Reply #785096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dario doesn't belong in the same conversation as these guys. He's had a few really good games, just not consistent enough and hasn't learned how to stay out of foul trouble. His offensive rebounding has been a key to a few of the cats big wins.

Reply #785097 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Jeff Allen was pretty bad but I was too young to really notice

Ontario Lett I felt could play but fouls prevented him from showing his best

Dewey Michaels was pretty average. Think he played at cairns after Perth and I was surprised he got another gig

Reply #785101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dan hickert

Reply #785104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scott Roth.

Reply #785105 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

IIRC smith was an injury replacement for the great Andrew Vlahov but was more of a big.

Are there historical NBL stats available? I'm sure they would show Smith was an absolute BUM and far behind Hunt.

Reply #785235 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Smith only lasted about 6 games I think.

Reply #785236 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

AD Smith - one of the nicest humans you'd ever meet, but yeah as for his on court performances.... Had a good three point shooting clip in college but was a little overwhelmed in the NBL. Had a decent career throughout Europe and is now doing very nicely back in his home state of Oregon selling real estate.

Reply #785240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunnigan?

Reply #785284 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

This thread is worst, not greatest!!

Reply #785285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumlee to be a flop. BOOK IT!

Reply #785286 | Report this post

Plumlee will be better than Hunt, Cooke Jr and McKay.

Reply #785392 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:49 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754