Jack Toft
Years ago

Cats v Phoenix Jan 17

Ah, the Cat's glorious run home starts. First offering to the Sandgroper fans, the Phoenix, ready for plucking, then roasting slowly.

The Cats don't do anything by half in the west. They either win by 20, or else let the visiting team win by 20. You just kinda feel the Phoenix have rolled the dice with their new import a couple of games too late.. Devondrick Walker, no relation to Lucas, will debut in Perth and he looks like a brick sht house with more ink than Mitch Creek. No doubt he will make Dario Hunt look ordinary, but how will he go against the rest? (I assume the R is NOT silent)

Wagstaff is likely to have his jersey retired and they better tie it to the rafters well, or else it could flop onto the court. He might just show the new import you need to be careful in the west.

The Cats know their lair and like their saucer of milk from the crowd in the form of noise. They would dearly love to steal top spot from the Kings and they have a chance to get it if the Kings lose in NZ. It's the extremes of the League tonight from east to west.

Cats by 10

Topic #46732 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously thats not your best work.

Reply #786908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But thanks for starting the topic off. Phoenix to shoot the lights out and win by 11. Without Martin to shutdown Roberson, he'll go for 30.

Reply #786915 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It's Bryce's 100th game tonight
The Top Ten Moments of Bryce Cotton's First 100 NBL Games
Combine that with Plumlee's first home game and the fact that it's been a month since the last game in the jungle, and I'm expecting at least 35 points worth of home cooking tonight.
So Cats by 7 then.

Reply #786924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a great write up Jack, as usual.

Perth by plenty, Plumlee to show what a real five can can do in a league with not many.

Reply #786940 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Cotton's Mum flew in from Arizona, her first trip ever overseas to watch his 100th and meet his baby.
Perth by a metric ton load.

Reply #786968 | Report this post

Perth by 15+.

Reply #787009 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Very attractive odds about Phoenix IMO at well over 3.00 & +7 - are not outclassed and can find improved heart off a couple of good games. Prem hangover Cats are a good fade team this season.

Reply #787136 | Report this post

trayvis  
Years ago

wtf is this sloppy game

Reply #787150 | Report this post

trayvis  
Years ago

SEM on pace to score under 50

Reply #787151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scrappy game.

Reply #787152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These refs are shit and I'm a Perth supporter

Reply #787155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home cooking for the cats tonight!

Reply #787156 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yeah, it's a little too easy at the moment.

Reply #787157 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Refs too much air time. Too many fouls. Boooooring!

Reply #787158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

9 fouls in under 3 minutes. Most of them rubbish calls. VM always seems to be present in poor reffing

Reply #787159 | Report this post

trayvis  
Years ago

wnbl game

Reply #787161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here come the refs!!! Thank god we have nba players in the league, no one wants to watch them. Phoenix now in the bonus, one of them a foul... it really feels like there os some evening up going on.... absolute trash. Throw in a blatantly wrong oit of bounds call fobphx way too...

Reply #787162 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Good description. It does feel very WNBLey at the moment.

Reply #787164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

9 fouls in under 3 minutes. Most of them rubbish calls. VM always seems to be present in poor reffing

Reply #787165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are NBL refs like this? Every quarter of every game, both teams seem to end up in the bonus

Reply #787166 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hopefully Vaughan doesn't try to outdo Aylen's ridiculous amount of review screen time from earlier today.

Reply #787167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Madgen shouldn't be on the court..no shot and no vision.

Reply #787168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL what is that foul ffs

Reply #787169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ot was years before the shot just get on with it!!! Ffs

Reply #787170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here in the second quarter there literally hasn't been one possession either way where a whistle hasn’t been blown. My lord this is unbearable to watch.

Reply #787171 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hopefully Vaughan doesn't try to outdo Aylen's ridiculous amount of review screen time from earlier today.

Hopes dashed already.

Reply #787172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you possibly see that as after the shot, even the gather! No home cooking tonight.

Reply #787173 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"Not conclusive" even after watching a HD replay in slow motion. Oh my.

Reply #787174 | Report this post

trayvis  
Years ago

28.6 % and 33 % on shooting. Yeah nice display for aussie BBall.
unwatchable.

Reply #787175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't get any rhythm when every possession is a foul

Reply #787176 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Someone tell the courtside muppet with the mic to sit down and stop poncing around

Reply #787177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pass into the back of the head, pass to no one, pass out of bounds.... yep neither team has momentum.

Reply #787178 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, the NZ-Syd game was a bit rough round the edges, but this game is struggling to keep my attention.

Reply #787179 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Struggling to keep my attention too and I'm in the building

Reply #787180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easy to blame the refs but fouls are fouls, stop grabbing and moving screens. Phoenix got the ability to drag game to there level which is very poor. Hopefully gets better in second half.

Reply #787183 | Report this post

It's lame to copy and paste, then reply to your own comment.

Reply #787185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"truggling to keep my attention too and I'm in the building"
Clearly not a basketball fan.

Reply #787186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C'mon ref mate... Ruining the spectacle

Reply #787187 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

That foul called on Plumlee's block could be the worse of the year.

Reply #787188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best block of the year, ref, hold my beer...

Reply #787189 | Report this post

"Easy to blame the refs but fouls are fouls, stop grabbing and moving screens" But its about consistency next week they will allow all the grabbing and moving screens...You ever seen a 36's game? Froling and Johnson dont know how to not move during a screen but never get fouled...

Reply #787190 | Report this post

Dan & Mody  
Years ago

The refs are so bad I think I would prefer more time interviewing Vonnie...

Reply #787191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can tell SEM are missing Benson

Reply #787193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats ordinary. Phoenix somehow 26 points ordinarier.

Reply #787194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/PerthWildcats/status/1218138942018449409?s=19

Reply #787195 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Walker auditioning for Perth next year after Cotton is naturalised!

Reply #787196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cocked that thing back and banged it on em

Reply #787197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth then daylight. Creek and Wesley only two that play defence for Phoenix. Cotton mvp also then daylight. White is bloody sneakily good, just does it so smoothly.

Reply #787200 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

does the SEM coach even know which of his players are his strengths??
I can see who he thinks they are....wrong!!

Reply #787201 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Shame Walker broke his foot i would have loved to see him at the wildcats. A good first up audition for next season

Reply #787202 | Report this post

Seeing the foul trouble from Plumlee and terrible free throw shooting made me think of Dario Hunt.
Still think Plumlee will be better.
Great game from Majok and Norton.
White and Cotton stars as always.

Reply #787204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If his name wasn't Plumlee everyone would be calling for him to be sent home
Shown sfa do far

Reply #787206 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Plumlee has been great so far, stats don't show the full picture. He sets great screens (Norton and Cotton had heaps of layups because of them) and he changes shots. Also SEM only had 5 Orebs for the game and I can't remember many if any while Plumlee was on, he boxes out which Hunt never did.

Reply #787207 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Agreed! Chumlees presence in the paint alone is a massive upgrade on hunt

Reply #787208 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

That was a shit game from Plums...
and he was still better than Hunt.

Just watch how involved he is, runs the floor and gets involved at both ends.
Perth needed to up their defence, and he has done that.

Overall I think SEM have been believing too much of their own bullshit.
Pineau has had an outstanding season, and is IMHO a lock for MIP, but he is still one of the weakest starting centres in the league, and nowhere near capable of carrying the load alone.
Wesley, at his best, was the best PF in the league, but he's not anymore, and definitely not capable of playing centre against most teams.
And Creek, FMD. There must be more bullshit sprouted about him than any other player in the league.
Notwithstanding that he seems to have hit a bit of a wall at this point of the season, he's one of the best SF's in the league.
He is NOT a PF, and no, he CAN'T play that role effectively against somebody like Kay.

Reply #787212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Timberball stats nay not show full picture but 3 p 3 r a game is hard to talk up with "good screens and he blocks out"
Majok was far better to nite

Reply #787214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just by being a bigger body Plumlee is a massive upgrade on Hunt. They don't need the scoring from him, mostly just screening, rim protection and rebounding. Had a great save back inbounds that not many bigs could pull off.

Reply #787215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh and don't forget his nice dunk in the warm up

Reply #787218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It doesn't have to already left the hand on the shot to count in that situation. It’s whether Madgen had begun his act of shooting.

Reply #787224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek is injured

Reply #787232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek was -33 for the game.

Reply #787233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek has carried the team physically and mentally, Wesley can still play but rest team are worse than average and that's including the every commentator favourites. This team struggling on defence. I’ll take Roberson out of below average also, but teams have worked him out.

Reply #787242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek has faded as the season has gone on. He didn't carry the team at all last night.

Wesley spent too much time bitching to the refs. He's not a leader.

Reply #787251 | Report this post

Creek can now look forward to Boomers duty in Feb.
SEM won't make playoffs.

Reply #787255 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Never said Majok didn't have a great game. He played well. But if you only want to look at Plumlee's stat line go play Fantasy. We have won by a combine 48 points in the 2 games he's played.

Reply #787256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every single one of those refs were completely incompetent. For a majority of the game i was sitting there thinking this is one if the most boring games I've been to.

14 fkn fouls were called in the first fkn 5min of the 2nd quarter. They wasted like 4min looking at a video review. Refs that were way out of position were making calls they shouldn't. They robbed Plumlee of possibly block of the season. Robbed the fans of seeing more of Plumlee with some stupid early fouls called on him, of which only 1 or 2 of his 4 were actually fouls. The refs were super inconsistent during the game, going all whistle happy for periods but then missing lots of call/letting stuff go. Despite being so keen to blow the whistle they missed a fair few off the ball things.

Over all it was horribly reffed. 0 impact on the result but wildly inconsistent and ruined the spectacle and game.

Reply #787264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ spot on, no baring on the result, but makes for a really shitty stop start game. Shit to watch and no doubt shit to attempt to play in

Reply #787302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek is the best culture builder

Reply #787305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Timber
Plumlee was -2 +- last night with 2 pt 5 r

And you think he was the difference when on court???

Or maybe these guys were when on court

Kay +25
Norton + 18
Cotton +26
white + 28

Reply #787317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumlee wasn't the difference maker but he's been in the country a week and a half, hasn't got a full preseason under his belt, is still adjusting to the refs but is not dropping his head. It's got nothing to do with his name - it's obvious he is a better fit for the Cats so comparing him to Hunt or saying he should go home is idiotic.

Reply #787321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumlee played at the death when Perth had there dp and bench on, Phoenix went on an 8 point plus in that time. While he got into foul trouble last night he does look the perfect fit for Perth.

Reply #787324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's be honest, the refs were shit last night.

I have watched most of it on replay, and their calls were just fucking abissmal, and that review centre is clearly a joke.
Lets just ignore the illegal screen, call the foul on the screened player, then allow a continuation 3 seconds later, and somehow turn it into a 4 point play. Fucking Muppets.

Plumlee was robbed by the refs being dickheads.
The steal and block where he got 100% ball both times.

Reply #787334 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754